Monday, January 28, 2008

Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley...till we meet again!

We thank thee O' God for a Prophet! What an incredible example of how to live life! He is now home with our Father in Heaven and back in the arms of his wife! What a legacy he left. What an example of living to serve our Heavenly Father. I will miss is wit and inspirational talks. Luckily I can read the books he wrote and the talks he gave in previous conferences. I remember that he visited our 9th ward one time. He wasn't expected and I believe he was in the Quorum of the Twelve at the time. I do remember he shook hands and greeted people after the sacrament meeting with patience. I remember feeling that I instantly felt akin to him and since that time he has held a special place in my heart...even before he was the Prophet. While I was watching his biography on the news they showed a clip of a speech he gave at the Nauvoo, IL temple dedication where he said that, and I'm paraphrasing "we have a lot of work to do and we don't have forever to do it!"...attending the temple and doing the work is his message and legacy...I will stive to do my part!

Other things to read

Blog Archive