Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Where laughing becomes a weakness... and used against me!

Let me start off by saying... I don't condone my husbands bad behavior.

BUT...

I have a hard time not laughing. It's a weakness... and all though it LOOKS and SEEMS like I am condoning, embracing, and accepting... I'm not. Absolutely-Positively NOT.

But it WAS funny. That's all I'm saying.

Here let me break it down for ya.

I have been working A TON. Editing and taking pictures and editing some more. Ordering, rejecting, and editing some more. Then going to my day job. On top of all that--traveling so I can take more pictures... because I'm completely obsessed with photography and SOME DAY I hope to make it my ONLY job... but for now--it's a side job.

Anyway... my guy, MountainSport Man, has had A LOT of one on one time with my kids. I mean... A LOT. Like more than usual...

So we are driving in the car the other day and this is what happens when my husband has MORE than enough time with his children...

Scene: we are in the car driving by Panda Express... one of PeePs favorite places to eat.

PeePs: "Dad, I'm hungry. My tummy wants Panda."

MSM: "It does? Let me think about it... ummmmm NO!"

PeePs: "F'n A!" (prounounced 'effin A') she says aloud in disgust!

See we don't use BAD words necessarily in this house... and my husband has actually come a ways to get to the point where substitutes replace the bad words he use to say. Obviously F'n A is one of his substitutes.

I immediately, while battling to hold down a smile, said, "PeePs... don't say that!"--but then I busted out laughing, along with MSM and DCar. So my discipline is NOT taken seriously...

I know, I know... we're terrible parents. But like I said.

Laughing is kinda my weakness. I usually use it for good... but in cases like this, it's force is used against me. *shakes head*

How about you guys? Anybody else?

Love

Shelle

UPDATE: It's Crash's Birthday today... hop, run, or walk over to her blog and shout her praises and sing her happy birthday... let's see if we can bug her and warm her cold stone heart!!!

23 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think that's hilarious! How could you not laugh?

Heidi Ashworth said...

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you had really yelled and made a big deal out of it, she might have been more likely to say it again. This way she has a healthy outlook on the whole thing. But that's just my opinion.

T said...

you know, if my teenager had said this - it wouldn't have been funny... but at PeePs age... it's HILARIOUS!

roy/elisabeth dean said...

*you NUT, you didn't even TRY to win this giveaway* ;-)

hahahaha! I can just HEAR that beautiful child say "effin A". I would have laughed for DAYS!

When Molly (15) was little, she couldn't pronounce her R's. My middle daughter Jess, who is 10 years older than Molly took advantage of that fact all.the.time! At ages 4 and 14, here is what happened at our house:
The new Minister of our Church, his wife and 2 children, came to the house for dinner one night. I had threatened the kids with bodily harm and foster homes if they didn't behave. Everything was going so well until I started to clear the table. Molly wanted to help, Jess wanted to start something! I wouldn't let Molly carry any of the china or the crystal, but I told her she could help by gathering the flatware. Within minutes, this was reverberating through my Dining Room. "Jess, GIVE me your fuk and spoon and knife!"
I laughed 'till I choked, then I choked Jess.

Make it a happy day~
♥,Lilly

Kritta22 said...

LOL I love it!!!!

I would have busted a gut and then said don't say that!! LOL

Oh I'm going to be laughing all day! Thanks!

The Wixom Zoo said...

Bwahahahaha!!! I had to give up the swearing when my 2 year old said $#!% at church. I then said, "Oh! You want to SIT down???" So embarrassing!

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

Oh, that's a good one. I can't think what my kids say except the Chick said s*it. Great, the child literally doesn't talk and uses sign language but the ONE word she can say well is that. Perfect!

Happy Bday Crash. I've been busy playing in your comment box :)

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

And I confess, she learned it from me (embarrassed smile)

H.K. said...

Funny! Those are the kind of things that you wish you could tell your kids, "Look, do as I day, not as I do."

For the longest time my son would call other bad drivers "idiot" because he heard me saying it, he was only two!

Melinda said...

MWAA hahahahaha! I LOVE IT! So something one of my kids would do, and I'm bad that way too, laughing when I'm not supposed to. It's a weakness, what can I say?

Loralee and the gang... said...

I love it when they do something that you SHOULD discipline, but the WAY they did it made you want to laugh so hard, and how HARD it is to keep a straight face, a stern face, even, when all you want to do is laugh! And then my kids just laugh at how my face looks! (I get no respect!)
:~D

Barbaloot said...

I would have a hard time not laughing at a little girl saying effin A in a disgusted voice, too:)

Homer and Queen said...

Yes...that was hilarious, and much funnier that it was your kid and not mine!!! Yeah, after you laugh the first time, there is no respect!

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

We reacted the same way when La Petite Belle said "jacka#&" and "son of a bi$&*," while correcting her all the way.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

ha ha ha ah aha That is the cutest story ever. ha ha ah aha a

lolololol

You go, PeePs. I can totally hear her say it.

I don't know how you keep up with everything. I hope you're making lots of money from your photos because they are so awesome.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. My heart is starting to turn red from embarrassment. (partially because I'm ambusing my own comment box.)

Kritta is such a trail blazer.

Sher said...

That's just F-in hilarious!!!

Cameron said...

Humor is my middle name. Well, actually it's Michael. Actually, it's Michael Arnold (I know, two middle names...my parents hated me)....needless to say, I laugh a lot.

Melanie J said...

I have laughed my way through everything from the sealing room to my grandfather's guneral. I get set off for good reasons but then I can't stop.

Daddy Geek Boy said...

You ever watch SNL when it's so obvious that the actors are cracking themselves up but are trying really hard not to laugh?

That's me and WonderWife™ when the kid does something funny, but naughty.

Shawn said...

Thats always the worst when they mimic our "bad" habits.

Awkward.

:)

Michele Horne said...

I cannot stop myself from giggling when my kids say the unexpected. Although, as soon as they start talking, my husband will actually TRY to get them so say inappropriate things so that he can get a laugh out of it.

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

LOL! I love it! Too funny!

My husband and I are pretty good at keeping the lid on colorful language so we haven't heard so much of that from our kids.

However, my brother's daughter, who is now 22, did not have the same experience....as a baby she'd sit in her high chair, surrounded by my construction worker brother and all of his co workers and if she couldn't pick up her cheerios with her spoon would work harder to do so while saying "son of a bitch!". We roared laughing inside...but ignored it and it went away....and the construction guys got a really good lesson about little ears. It's one of my favorite memories!

Dr Zibbs said...

You like commnents huh?

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad