Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Where I answer a DEEP question...

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!... may all your Mexican Food be pork free!!! :) Actually go hit a Pinata... it's a stress reliever!

Okay…remember
THIS post where Kritta rambled off a bunch of questions in my comment section.

Thank you Kritta.

I want to answer them.

I don't want anyone of you thinking you are wasting your time by stopping by. So if you take 20 minutes out of your night or day to ramble on in my inbox… I'm going to make for DARN sure that I pull my weight and do my part… because I'm a giver.

So
please… anytime you have a question for me or to solve the world's problems or even life's deepest questions… let me know I'll Google it for you.

Your. Welcome.

I'm just going to hit ONE question today that Kritta spewed out. Her very first one… because I think this is an important issue… and I know I'll be WAY over 160 words… but I still want to put out there that I'm making my best effort… to save face.

Kritta's Question: I have also been thinking about other manner things you could write about.

1. Where and when to change baby diapers.

I had an aunt that changed my niece on my kitchen table!!
She said she had a bad back and had to do it on a high surface! ON MY KITCEN table!!

But not just that extreme. When your kid has a poopy diaper, do you ALWAYS go to the bathroom to change? Is there occasions where it's okay to sneek behind a chair or something, so you aren't completely out of all the conversations. Or can you just do it in the middle of everything??

Okay…. Eeeewwww!!!

This is a NO brainer. First rule anyone learns when you spew forth a child and have to take care of it and it's humanly waste.  Never,
Never, Never Ever, is it okay to change a baby's diaper on or by ANY surface where there is an ABSOLUTE certainty that there will be food served or eaten on it, let alone BY IT. 


EVER. 

And ESPECIALLY not at a restaurant!

Seriously, if I had a friend go to dinner with me, or even lunch or breakfast for that matter, and bring along her going-to-have-to-change-diaper baby, and during our meal make a space by our table to change the baby so she doesn'tmiss out on conversation… I would shun her immediately!

Okay, maybe not
SHUN her… but I would dramatically react to what she was doing. Covering my mouth and making all sorts of dry heaving noises along with pointing to her and her diaper changing child and then to the bathroom.

Believe me, NO conversation is THAT important that you can't skip out on it to take a few minutes and change your child's diaper in the bathrooms. I promise, I can be put on PAUSE during a conversation…
it's possible.

Where to change diapers???  Ummm an appropriate room, or bathroom, or back of the car... anywhere there isn't food around or present!  When???  Anytime the baby needs changing... cause I get sad when they get rash on their bums.

Having said all of that.

I wrote this post on the
Toilet Seat issue… and got like 10 comments back on how they watched this video on Oprah, or something similar, about the bacteria that spews back out into the environment when you flush the toilet, so they put ALL SEATS down after ANYONE goes to the bathroom.

We immediately started doing this.
Sometimes ignorance isn't always bliss right? So as soon as I was reminded and told that… we started putting both seats down.

I probably should have informed my children. They were use to waking up in the middle of the night and walking into the bathroom to immediately do their business, without having to lift anything up!

Let's just say… it smelled
pretty rank the next morning.

Love

Shelle

Other things to read

Blog Archive