Saturday, May 16, 2009

Not so Serious Sunday--He has a Sweet Spirit...

***Update***-- I'm leaving this post up for Monday so that EVERYONE can enjoy the Sexy People Love!!! :) Seriously check out Today's post... MARCUS!!! I love my computer to, but seriously, that is taking it TO far! lol!

your. welcome! So if you have already read this post... Take a break--see ya tomorrow!!!

Since I posted a Serious Monday... I thought I would shake it up for Sunday.

When I was single, and was asked out by a guy, I rarely said No.

For a few reasons.

First of all... the guy had the guts to ask in the first place.

Secondly... when I wanted to say NO... I didn't have the heart to do it... I have a weak, guilt ridden heart.

Even if I did say No and was smart enough to come up with a good excuse why I couldn't go out with them, like: 'I'm sorry Joe, I can't do anything for the WHOLE month because I have to work some CRAZY hours so when I'm not working, I'm sleeping... catch me next month k?'

Then I'd feel so bad for stretching the truth that Karma would turn around and bite me in the butt and I'd be SO busy working that I'd get home and sleep and my social life would be non-existent. Then next month they would hit me up again and so I just ended up making my life worse and prolonging the inevitable!

Plus I suck at lying...it's written all over my face.

Thirdly... Someone else was paying for my food for the night...

My favorite thing after a date would be when people asked me how it was and how the guy was.

If I thought he was FUNNY and charming but wasn't attracted to him I would always say, 'he's got a sweet spirit'.

I think if I would have dated in the 80's I would have said that A LOT. :)

These pics prove it --
Fritz, Bobby, Greg and Valerie, and Robbie ... I'm obsessed with this blog BTW!!!

And I'm pretty sure
Craig looks exactly like someone who bought me my first dozen roses... but that's not why I think poorly of flowers, really it's not.

Oh stop... you can't tell me you didn't laugh... and you can't tell me you didn't date any "Sweet Spirits" so get off your pedestal.

And no worries people... I'm pretty sure I was someone's SWEET SPIRIT... these things always go full circle.

Hope you had a good weekend!

Love,

Shelle

20 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh, the sweet spirit kiss of death. We ALL know what that means.

Homer and Queen said...

OK I am laughing like a fat girl at a free dance!!! Oh Karma...you gotta laugh at it but once again...never been called sweet except by Crush and she did it to be RUDE! Hummm...I wonder what they called me?

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Yes sweet spirit indeed.

Too funny thanks for sharing.

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

LOL - too funny...and ummm...those pictures you pointed too...I'm terrifed to find my childhood pictures on there! I can't look!

April said...

buwahahaha!!! Is it bad to laugh this hard at someone on the sabbath when I am ditching church? I'm sure this is bad...but it feels so good! buwahahahaha!!!

Cameron said...

I'm sure you know the female version of 'sweet spirit' right?

Nice personality. ;)

Barbaloot said...

I refuse to go out with anyone that I'm not interested in. That may make me a HUGE brat, but I think it also saves the guy some money and time on someone who wouldn't fully appreciate it. Am I rationalizing? Most likely. Will I ever change? Course not.

brooken'dus said...

hahaha I LOVE that blog also!! I loved the comment someone made about "robbie" and his "molestache" that's just what you think of everytime with those peach fuzz stache's.
I KNOW that I've been someone's "sweet spirit" date! haha!

Southern Sage said...

you mean there are girls that say no? Hmmm I never knew! There were none in the tri state area, well none I ever found anyway. I guess those guys didn't know how to ask properly. You said THEY bought the grub? See that was their first mistake. They should have taked to me before asking. See you gotta make the girl feel special and important!
Honey I was thinking, you'd surely like nothing better than to buy my supper.
Works everytime.

I reckon its all in how you ask!

Shawn said...

Trust me---I have NEVER been called a "sweet spirit"---a weirdo, loud, boisterous, diva, stuck-up, intimidating, crazy.....but NEVER anything to do with sweet.

Heather of the EO said...

You're too funny. I totally get it. My reasons for going out with the "sweet spirit" were exactly the same as yours. Thank God those days are over! :)

T said...

I don't think I ever heard the guys described as "sweet spirits"... glad to know it's not a sexist term after all!

One time after a particularly bad double date (that I SHOULD have said no too) my roommate and I walked up to our apartment - pulled out the blender - and made potpourri out of the flowers they had given us...

no second date on that one... but he is a facebook friend still :)

H.K. said...

The sad thing is that there are still some guys who still have hairstyles like that! My brother in law still sports a mullet, gross! (He's actually gross too, so I guess the hairstyle fits the person, heehee!)

Dopp Family said...

Shelle, I don't think you were ever anyone's Sweet Spirit! You were just a heart breaker through and through!!

I'm pretty sure our dating rules were the same... always say "Yes" at least for one date. It made for some good stories and late night laughs with the girl friends. :)

nick said...

Free food and entertainment was the best part! Those first years of college were too much fun. And just like you, I never had the heart to say no. Unless it was Scary Gary or Real Estate Ryan...I just didn't answer the phone.

mother goose said...

LOL, loved those mullets! LOL
I didn't do charity dates in college but I did a lot of dances like that in high school.

College was different. College was fun. Which reminds me, I'm going to have to make sure my son has some extra $$ for dates. WELL, no cash before his mission. Seriously, money spent on girls before his mission is money spent on someone else's wife.

clan of the cave hair said...

That is hilarious! Are you my facebook friend? Cuz boy have I got a picture for you! but if I post it to my blog I will be divorced by the end of th week. I almost got a divorce over posting it to Facebook. LOL (yeah, its THAT SEXY)

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Ha ha ha I am quickly becoming a sweet spirt myself. And hoy cr@p. That blog has nearly 1000 followers. YIKES!

wendy said...

Well, those pictures are just AWEFUL - sad to say. AND the term "sweet spirit" has been around a long time --------way back when I was dating in the late 60's and early 70's ----WHEN YOU WERE LITERALLY A SWEET SPIRIT.
yup dates some and I am sure I was one (or more)

Youngblood4ever said...

Cameron and Sage, I love your comments. I have been out with quite a few sweet spirits. Sad, but true. Oh, and I heart that blog. It makes me laugh every time!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad