Saturday, May 23, 2009

Serious Sunday: Worth

I think the GREATEST blessing in my life is that I've always been lucky enough to know I'm worth something.

I've never questioned that. I've never been lost or had to search for it.

I'm not confused on how I believe.

On my wall growing up, the one I stared at right before I went to sleep, there was a saying that my parents had there, "I know I'm somebody, cause God don't make no junk."



Nowadays they have one that I'm working on getting up in my kids' room. PRINCESS-Daughter of a Heavenly King. (switch Prince for Princess and Son for Daughter).



I'm completely lucky.

And EVERY DAY I pray that my kids grow up with that same conviction... of knowing the worth they are not only to ME and MoutainSport Man... but to their Father in Heaven.

Sorry... just something I think about a lot.

Love

Shelle

15 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

first!!!!

First first first!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

HA! I was first!

Yes, you are lucky! I always felt the same way about my father in heaven.

Homer and Queen said...

Dang you Crash!!! I tried to be first!

Shelle, you are of worth, and I personally thinks that it is the freckles...

Malea said...

No appology's needed. I think most people whatever race or religion has the desire to feel what you know.

Malea said...

oops..apologies...for the sweet and loveable English snobs.

Kristina P. said...

Why doesn't anyone do the First thing with my blog! Everyone hates me! ;)

Great Sunday post, Shelle, especially since I feel like I was run over by a train, and won't be going to church. Time to pull out t he Ensign!

T said...

The best gift a child can receive is the knowledge of their divine heritage... how lucky I feel that I've always known this... thanks for reminding us to pass it on!

wendy said...

that is a wonderful thing for you or any parent to do for those kids. I think I have spent alot of years of my life "not" believing in myself. (reasons --but thats a post , or not, for another day) SELF WORTH ---wonderful

Shawn said...

What a wonderful thing to teach children...I agree!!

Homer and Queen said...

Just read your post on Venus...our hubbies must have gone to the same Man School! Homer does the same thing and the kids laugh with him so he really thinks he is funny!

brooken'dus said...

I like this....I also hope my kids grow up feeling the same way!

Barbaloot said...

I've been blessed to know all my life who I am and that I'm loved, too. It's a wonderful thing---and my heart breaks for the people that can't/won't understand that.

valerie said...

I love that saying on the poster of the little boy. Love it! Love it!

Stefunkc said...

Love it! I'm a princess, too!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you're still checking this blog as you posted this so long ago - but I had the EXACT same poster in my room as a teenager and was so excited to find a copy of it again on the internet - I am using this in my seminary lesson tomorrow and this makes it more person being able to share the exact same picture. Thank you!!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad