Monday, July 28, 2008

Okay don't HATE...but I DO need your help


Okay this was planned but not very logically (as my husband would say), but I'm never logical and don't think I will be in any NEAR future...SOOOOO, I planned a trip to London, England.

My extended family had a BIG reunion a couple of years ago very near my home here...all having to do with genealogy and tracing our routes back to the pioneers and all that stuff. It interests me...REALLY it does.

I showed my face at the reunion then HIGH tailed it out of there as soon as my husband and I could exit. You see, my extended family is filled with a BUNCH of crazy's and you never know what's going to happen, so your safest bet is to just slowly walk away so that you don't draw attention to yourself.

Especially because I don't know 95% of them.

Don't get me wrong, there are normal people, like me, in the family...okay, never mind...now you get my point, it's filled with crazy's,so let me continue with where I was going with this post.

So YES I am going on another trip next week I am going to London, England, for another Geneaology family reunion, for the geneaology, of course. So lets chalk this trip up to WORK, hard, hard, work...

I have ALWAYS wanted to go, I am as obsessed with their history as I am their accent-remember this post? Anyway, I will get SOME time to tour around London (5 days) then I will head over to Manchester to the reunion (1 day), then tour around the area (2 days) then go home. So see what I mean, I will be overwhelmed with work, hard genealogical work people!

But the few days I will be free to tour around I want to go to ONLY the best places. So those of you that have been, heard, or daydreamed about going...will you give me some advice? I don't want to waste my time.

I will, however, spend plenty of time trying to get one of those guards at the palace to crack! Should I video it? Should I take a picture of it? Or both?

Either way, I will continue to blog...so don't get all depressed and go into a fetal position while sucking your thumb...I'll be around, I knew you were worried. That's how I am, I'm here for people.

Other things to read

Blog Archive