Monday, June 16, 2008

I think I scared them away...

A couple of weeks ago DCar was doing that soccer camp...remember? Yea well these coaches...the ones in this picture below...well they are from Great Britian...and they...

they have the hottest accents. They aren't really my type physical wise, but I just don't know, there is something about accents that gets me. I don't care how unattractive the men are or what they are wearing...when they talk in that English accent or Scottish Brogue I can't get enough of it.

Don't get me wrong...I am totally in love with my husband...yea, I admit, he would be even SEXIER if he had an accent...but I love him how he is...

it's just that I LOVE listening to an accent. Always have, since I saw Mary Poppins.

In college I met an Australian guy online and we ended up calling each other...I spent a few hundred dollars just listening to the guy talk. For once, I SHUT UP, except when I had to ask a question to listen to him speak...he was also REALLY into Soccer and that was my secret passion...I remember I would watch the WORLD CUP and then either he would call me or I would call him and we would chat for hours about it...or 180 minutes until my calling card or his calling card ran out...true lust for his voice is all it was...but it was fun while it lasted. aaahhhh...just give me a moment while I take myself to that happy place...

okay...I'm back...

To be honest...the guy was always afraid his MOM was going to walk in on him talking on the phone...and I swear he was hidden in a secret barn or casita off of his house because he always had to walk outside and then I would hear him open a door and close it.

He was probably still in high school...lol...You never know over the internet...

Well during DCar's soccer camp you could find me here...
There I am standing with my foot on the table in my Navy Blue Hoodie and over on the other side of my friend there is a couple of the coaches. They rotated around to teach the kids.

So there I'd be relentlessly asking those poor innocent guys all sorts of questions so I could just hear them speak. Instantly they became smarter and more classy when they spoke...especially those from England...it's crazy how that happens :) I would take my camera and casually walk up to them and say, "Hey do you mind if I sit here, again, so that I can take even more pictures...practicing action shots, you know...can't ever get enough!" Smile...casually sit down, open my bag, get my camera out, and then..."So what sorts of food do you like?"

Towards the end of the week I swear they were scared of me. I can only imagine what they were thinking, "Man this lady needs a life!" They took a trip to Las Vegas and left their extra car at my house because we were close like that...okay we weren't close they actually had no other Mom who was obsessively asking them questions. So they had no other choice really...they probably cringed just thinking about it.

When they came back from Las Vegas they didn't even let us know they were taking the car...the just took off...lol...so I basically scared them away.

I feel bad that I couldn't control my addiction to their voices...really I do...except I don't, because I'll probably never see them again...but I have to say...the BEST thing I got from that whole week is this awesome picture I caught with my camera of the Scotsman teasing a little toddler...now THAT was endearing! :)
Hey guys, if you happen upon this nice little post...I'm sorry...I'll treat the next ones a lot better...plus with they restraining order I'm not allowed closer than 100 ft.

:)

So do you like accents? Do you believe that those of us that live in the west have an accent? Because I don't...we sound well, normal...no BIG accent that you can instantly identify us with like those that have a southern drawl or Eastern coast Bronx accent. Just throwing it out there...so what's your opinion?

Other things to read

Blog Archive