Thursday, June 12, 2008

I've gone postal...see ya!

Okay...so I get home from my photography class and was jumping up and down like a dog for a treat, in anticipation of watching So You Think You Can Dance.

So before I throw this keyboard into the computer...I am going to get this out there...

My DVR...the one I use to love and embrace because it became my best friend...ya know, there for me, a shoulder to cry on when I was having my own pity parties...yea, THAT DVR...well it stabbed me in the back!

I'll admit...I have been neglecting it lately...only getting on it to watch SYTYCD. I have been busy!!! I have signed my kids up for a lot of FUN things this summer...I am working out...I am going to community classes for photography...I am taking a hip hop class...I am working full-time...I am reading...I am blogging...I am making sure my kids get outside to play, especially swimming since it's already pushing a 100 degrees where I am at...oh, and I cook dinner, do laundry, and try to be a better wife, those last three things I am failing out miserably, but STILL I am trying. I know a LOT of you are busier than that...but I am just too tuckered out to watch TV or even my DVR...no time for it!

Only Exception...SYTYCD.

Yea...well my DVR decided that it would FREEZE up during the two hours of SYTYCD. When I turned it on to have it play...ummm first clue was that it said it recorded 841.50 hours. Yea right...DVR's, in case you aren't up-on-the-up, don't HOLD that many hours to record.

So I tentativley tried to play the episode! NOPE...nothing...notta! Said it recorded it...I saw the RED light during the two hours it was recording flashing ON and working fine...but nothing! That's right people...my DVR failed me...it GLITCHED, or so Dish Network said. There was "nothing they could do"...I had to delete it.

SYTYCD doesn't do what other really GREAT shows like, Grey's Anatomy, does...you can't get on ITUNES and buy the episode...or view it on FOX's website like ABC does for Dancing with the Stars...NOPE...you have to wait until somebody smarter than me...transfers it from something or other to YOUTUBE or some OTHER fantastic video site!

So in case you aren't following me very well...NO I did not get to watch last night's episode...and it took every little ounce of will power for me to not YELL at the sweet tech lady helping me last night...

I knew when I called there was nothing they could do...

I knew the stupid thing did it to get me back...I REALLY believe it has a mind of its own...

okay I don't...but the way I was pushing the buttons and calling it names last night, you would have thought I ACTUALLY believed it could hear me and that it was scared and ashamed of itself!

Until I find some great way to view the show...or one of YOU wants me to come to your house and watch it...I'll be waiting for someone to put the episode on the internet so I can view it!

Okay I need to go bang my head against a wall right now...oh and take care of my kids and nephews...so I'll check you later...

If I haven't blogged in a few days, don't worry, my husband probably checked me into a mental institution!

Shelle

Other things to read

Blog Archive