Saturday, June 28, 2008

To many extra curricular activities?

When does one parent determine that they might have put their child in ONE to many extra curricular activities?

Could it be...when said child...begs to go outside and play on the tramp. To have his little sister right on his heels to follow...only to have that same sister come inside a while later proclaiming that "DCar won't jump Dad!"...in her voice only used to blame someone of grave wrong doing! She was utterly baffled and somewhat put out.

MountainSport Man being the dutiful Dad went outside to check on WHY DCar wouldn't jump. When suddenly he yells to my Mom, "Come look at this!"

As she steps outside to see what the big deal is she glimpses this:

Never to let a picture moment pass, she realizes that she can't quite get the angle she needs from this picture...to the naked eye it just looks like DCar is lounging on the tramp...doing exactly what PeePs proclaims he is doing...to her chagrin.

But when one get closer to investigate they realize:

The kids was utterly exhausted. He not only has had SkateBoard Camp AND swimming lessons...BUT he also has a plethora of neighbor boys and one girl knocking at his door everyday when he is done with his morning activities, to play, wrestle, and JUMP the rest of the afternoon away.

These pictures were taken after an over exhausting day as a six year old! One has to appreciate his energy when he, of course, isn't snoozing at every hidden opportunity! lol!

Maybe we should discuss that extra curricular activity issue another time...for now...I think I might need to take a nap...DCar has inspired me through these pictures!

What about you? What are your big plans today?

9 comments:

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Isn't that what a mom is supposed to do in the summer? Fill their kids' lives up with stuff to do? If you don't, your kids will drive you crazy because they're bored.

My kids haven't had an activity or camp all week this past week and next and they're are going stir-crazy. Better to give them some fun stuff to do.

Bobbi's Book Nook said...

Well, I'll be janked! I am new to your site, compliments of AllMediocre. Keep up the good work!

*Merrianne* said...

What a cute picture!!! Poor little fella! He was too pooped to even jump! :)

*Merrianne* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Merrianne* said...

one day we HAVE GOT to meet each other!!! i think we (your family & my family) would all get along GREAT!!! Then we can get our hubbies to watch the kids & we could go have some GIRLLY MOMMA FUN!!! What do ya think!??!?!

anymommy said...

That is adorable! I came from all mediocre all star's and had to comment on this one. Looks like he is living summer to the fullest.

American in Norway said...

See.... Now that is REALLY summer.
I remember the days of being soo tired after a day of swimming or jumping... playing with friends---
Thanks for popping by my blog!
Tressa
(great blog! I'll be back! : ) )

Kritta22 said...

Grettings from Alaska~
I just clicked on your blog from LDS women bloggers. What a cute picture of your munchkin! I remember sleeping on my trampoline as a kid! Just stopping by...click out our site...I live for comments!

Marie + Jeff said...

I second that nap!
Yesterday we had a garage sale at my MIL's house. But it was a garage sale that had been in the works for like 300 years! Seriously, it was a long process. We would get down to setting a date and then she would change her mind because of the predicted forecast for 2 weeks from then...or she would say that she prayed about whether or not to have the garage sale and that she didn't get a good feeling...I mean, who prays about whether or not they should have a garage sale...

ANYWAY...so we had a garage sale on Saturday. I spent every night of the past week diligently going through my crap...I mean stuff...and deciding what to sale and what to price it at. And when I work early and late, and am only getting 4-5 hours of sleep a night, it made for a VERY long and HOT Saturday. I am sure glad that we weren't garage sale-ing it in St. George though!

But the best part of the story...we made more than $350 from our JUNK! Isn't that rad?!?

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad