Friday, July 11, 2008

Discussing Freckles for this Fiesta

Okay so I LOVE participating in Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta and last week she bummed out on me and I went over there to her site and gave her a piece of my mind...but it didn't change anything...she still did other things that were more important...like PAY ATTENTION to her family...really, I don't know if she can count herself among us TRUE bloggers who don't even remember our family names let alone our own names. We can discuss this another time...I have more important thing on my mind...

Okay so this photo is the one I chose because I am on Vacation without my OWN laptop for a better picture and I have been meaning to discuss this epidemic that consumes my life!



(First off all, please look pass the funny face I'm pulling, my sister was taking random pictures of me with my Camera to play around with it...oh and I am getting my eyebrows waxed next week so please try to look passed the bushiness of them) And don't lose focus by looking into my all consuming dead sexy blue eyes...

What I want you to focus on is the freckles. I have to play this game every summer. Should I or should I not let my face get tan. When you are young, of course, you don't care. I would tan away and think nothing of it. From that, year after year, I would gain more freckles. When I became a teenager I realized that in the winter my freckles almost faded to nothing and when I tanned a BUNCH my freckles would fade into the tan. But during the winter faded away and the tan fade into...my freckles are ALL OVER, sticking out like a sore thumb and hard to miss.

When you are young people think it is cute...when you are older people just say, "Wow, your freckles are really coming out aren't they?" Which interprets to...you have a TON of freckles and they are hard to miss. Whether that said person liked them or not I'll never know!

I think I was just born into the wrong time period. I would have fit in better back when the ladies all wore dresses and had umbrella's when they went walking out in the sun and fair skin was IN...I would have been a knock out...I would rival the coolest and cutest of them for sure! But instead I live in the era where tan and brown is in...and I live in an area where it's impossible to cover yourself up or you will DIE of heat stroke, plus I have a trip to Hawaii that I need to prepare for and I don't want to walk around the beach hurting everyone's eyes because of my fair skin...I'm doing it for the people...people...

Just saying...

Anyone else have this problem? And how do you get passed that phase where all you can see is the FRECKLES...people don't even notice the deep blue of my eyes...it's disconcerting!

Other things to read

Blog Archive