Friday, July 18, 2008

I am an actress...I really really am-Fiesta Time!

I have to say before I go into all of this that I have a horrible memory. My mom says that the only memories I do have are "bad or embarrassing" memories. Most of the time that statement is correct...but when you look at these pictures...you will understand why I pushed this way back in the memory banks of my brain where it would be suffocated and whither and die...which it did, but then I had to go and look through old pictures and the memories ALL came rushing back!

So remember when I announced the winners of my giveaway last week and I re-enacted them winning the prize as I believed they would react, live and in person. Then I mentioned that I had been a wolf paw in our high school play and that it was the epitome of my acting career and people commented and said, "You should be an actress because you are really good". I was like, "Aaahhh shoot" and scuffed my toe in the dirt. Really though...

These pictures will solidify why acting became a dream...so even though this is an embarrassing time in my life and I endured each and every night of the play and one matinee...I honestly, completely forgot I was in this until I saw these pictures. So see mom, I really don't remember EVERY embarrassing moment in my life...if I did, it would make me the SMARTEST woman ever because there are BILLIONS of memories like that and it would almost be impossible...and I'm not superwoman...

So here I am...acting away...on the set of BYE BYE BIRDIE for my high school.
Why am I the one with LIME GREEN as my outfit? Do you see anyone else with that hideous color? As I remember...their was a stylist that chose my outfit? They must have had something against me? Maybe it was because I look better in my soccer picture then they did? Who knows.

Friday Foto Finish Fiesta Choice. Oh and go an participate yourself just click on the widget below




Here is a close up of the ogreish costume. What is it with me and almost camel toe's? Seriously...why didn't someone let me know. I'm sick of people...that is going to be my next Brutally Honest post...so I won't go into it...but if someone has a "almost camel toe" and they are your friend...please be a FRIEND and let them know.
So then I am looking through these pictures and realize that I was like 5 different characters in this play...I was all over it! It was because of my extreme talent of course...or maybe it was because no one else wanted all the parts? Hmmmm...
Here I am again...
And yet again!

So you jealous yet? I know...if only EVERYONE could have the life I lived...

Were you ever in a play? When? Where? How were your costumes?

21 comments:

Teri said...

Man, you are really multi-talented. I am SO jealous. I don't look that good in lime green. It takes a special person to be able to carry that off.

Judy Haley said...

I got stuck playing the wicked sheriff of nottingham in our school's interpretation of robin hood. I was in sixth grade and I soooooo did not want to play a boy's part

Cyclingred said...

You don't have to convince my anymore. You really do only have bad memories...lol

I have one statement regarding your Bye Bye Birdie attire. I don't recall a role for Kermit the Frog in Bye Bye Birdie.

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Of course I was in plays. I mean ... you should know how talented I am and was. I sang, danced, and acted. Just call me the triple threat.

You were totally rockin' the green outfit. I'm lovin' the pictures.

Marie + Jeff said...

So you are so talented that everyone wanted to sport the camel toe because you did. Does that make you feel even more special? It should. No one has tried to be fat just because I am. So good job.

Good times. Good times. I remember that play in high school. It seemed like everyone was in it...cheerleaders, jetettes, jocks, drama nerds, etc. All were represented equally, or so it seemed to me. I even think that my cousin Doug was in it.

LIFE CHANGES said...

Okay so I am a bad sister and just barley read all of you what heaven will be like, SHELL. . It was freaking amazing, I am so mad that you stopped right there. Will there be more, I never knew that I had a sister with such an amazing writing talent. No joke I was more into what you wrote just barely then, I was through the whole TWILLIGHT series, now you know that is saying a lot. I am a hard person to get hooked on reading, but I wanted to know more and keep going. I love how you describe everything. LOVE IT!!!

Tiaras & Tantrums said...

Love these!!! ha ha - I did plays as well, but I was the one dressing you!! ha ha ha

RBK's Realm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aleisha said...

Cute blog. I had to tell you that I stole that last pic of bye, bye birdie! I will put it on my blog. I don't have any of me from that show. Thanks for sharing. Those were really fun to look at.

leezee52 said...

I love your blog!
Acting is awesome. My daughter started acting in middle school at the local theatre then on to High School and then to College and acting in commercials/Film/radio.

She loves it!

check her out:

http://www.katherinescharhon.com/

BoufMom9 said...

OK, just LMAO at the camel toe comments! LOL
That was some GREEN outfit! ha

Great fun pictures to look back on!
:) Debi

Bryce and Annalee Bergeson said...

Cute pictures! They bring back memories! :) I was the student director of that one. Woo hoo! You did an awesome job in Bye Bye Birdie and Into the Woods(THE PAW)!

Candid Carrie said...

I have the same lime green outfit and it does the very same camel toe thing on me too. I should have returned it while I still had the receipt.

mrsb said...

The height (and end) of my acting career was the musical in 1st grade. I was cast to sing "April Showers" with 4 other girls, all of us in different colored dresses with matching umbrellas. At one point in the song, we had to put the point of the umbrella to the ground, and walk around in a circle counterclockwise. Unfortunately, I went clockwise! I was mortified and could barely finish the song. I never step foot on the stage again. A tragic end to a burgeoning career.

Z's Mom said...

Maybe you were the prelude to Shrek in your play....you are much prettier than Shrek...just same color is all I meant. I could not stop laughing at the "almost camel toe"though.....I will still be laughing tomorrow thinking of you commenting on that......

Angie said...

Love the pics! I was a major drama queen all through school. And I was in a few plays too! :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

DeGraffenried's said...

I only did one play (that I can recall) and I was Frier Tucks wife on in a version of the women of robin hood? I only took drama one year because I had to, and I couldn't stand the teacher so I didn't take it again. But we had to do a lot of acting for USA on rally nights - that was fun.

Dartay said...

Ro-chelle! It's Taylor, foung your blog on keeks! You are so funny, I love your blog! I also love that you are a SYTYKD guru! I was all but in tears when Gev left.....Good to see life is good with ya'll!

MomMega said...

I just love when you bring out the pictures! I was only in a play once. I was seven and I played the very important role of Tiny Spider.

Romi said...

I was a vulture in Jungle Book, with a British accent. When I walked on stage the audience laughed so hard at my costume that I couldn't say my lines. I was in high school.

Cute pictures of you in the plays. I love the last one and your costume.

Natalie said...

I was in Music Man as a kid and I got to dance with a boooooooooooy. OMGosh! Then I was in Music Man as a teenager and almost got my butt kicked by my dance partner's girlfriend who was part of the crew and thought we were flirting too much (which was true)and my big sister had to come and save me. (ah..good times) Then I was in Barnum and got to dress up in those enormous puffy clown suits and put on a bunch of makeup so I was hardly recognizable. I couldn't decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing... How could the talent scouts recognize me?! hee hee

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad