Saturday, July 19, 2008

Shhhh...don't tell him, but I missed him...

You know that great spontaneous trip I took a couple of weeks ago...or maybe it was last week? I am losing track of time. Anyhow, the trip to Minneapolis where I packed my two kids and I up to fly out there and visit my cuter younger sister?

Yea, well...it wasn't too spontaneous.

You see, my husband had this boys man trip planned where him an 5 other guys drove up to Canada to Mountain Bike for 3 days straight on Whistler Mountain. It's in the Providence B.C. is all I really know about the place...oh, and that it's a Mountain Bikers Heaven!!!

Well when I found out that he was FOR REAL going to doing something as INSANE as driving over 20 hours, especially with the way gas prices are now, and with stinky boys men...just to Bike down a mountain...well I panicked...

I try and give off this tough girl image...like I don't care...I panicked!!! Because I DO care...

I'm going to admit this, right now, in front of all of you...I am a WUSS! I absolutely hate to sleep in my BIG king size bed with out my husband taking my covers and man handling me ALL night. Sure I complain about it...it gets hot...and then when he turns away from me and pulls the covers with him...it gets cold...but you see I am so use to it, that I hate to be with out that special routine we have created...plus, he kinda makes me still feel wanted with all that touching and stuff! :) I don't sleep as well and then through those sleepless nights I tend to miss to BIG BLOKE!

So I called my sister and told her I was coming to invade her space...and to test her on her Hostess abilities. Let me just sidenote here because this post is going to be about my husband and not my sister: Suns Fan #1 and Suns Fan #2 completely passed the hostess test. I let my kids run amuck and they still didn't twitch convulsively crying disease and making us go home early. When my little sis was cooking dinner or breakfast...I completely ignored helping her (just to test her you see, for the sake of research) and blogged on her laptop...she was like a rock solid wall not letting it show how irritated she was with me! I made sure to have our stuff strewn everywhere among her little apartment...and both of them just walked over it like they hadn't noticed their compulsive clean behavior was being ignored! They were champions...passed the test with flying colors!

Moving right along...I am just saying. I missed my guy. But please don't say anything, because his head is big enough with all the other chic's around town flirting with him and so I try to seem aloof when I am in his blessed and dang sexy presence...even though I am affected, like a dog to a fire hydrant, I am affected.

A recent example being...

We had to switch our Costco membership from a Business Member to just a Gold Member since my busniess was no longer setting us up with them anymore. My husband's job was to go and get his picture taken while I stood in line to pay for our WHOLESALE goods...no lie, it took me 20 minutes to get that done and I thought, FOR SURE, he would be done and waiting for me. I go walking toward the membership counter and this is the scene that lay before me.

My husband standing there with his arms folded and the chic on the counter leaning over laughing and smiling at him...then she leans back from the counter, smiles...my husband must have said something EXTREMELY hilarious because she broke out in an unabashed, deep gut, laugh. My husbands face alight with amusement that he is making someone laugh continues with what he is saying...only to have her lean into the counter to pretend that she needs to get closer to hear what he has to say. She hands him the card. He puts it into his wallet...then turns around...sees me, and walks over like I hadn't seen what had just transpired.

Me: "That girl has a great smile...she smiles with her whole face."

Him: "Yea...she does, doesn't she!"

Me: rolls my eyes.

So here are some fun pictures of BOTH of our trips. I missed him...but we still had lots of fun! I guess he did too! :)

My Trip in Minneapolis Minnesota--Most at the mall of America in the Nickelodeon AdventureLand...some at Como Zoo!











MountainSportMans Trip: Whistler in Canada somewhere!







I had to post this picture of my friends husband Nate because My guy isn't to good at taking pictures so I thought I would post a picture of the guy that took pics of my husband...thank goodness for him!!!

Other things to read

Blog Archive