Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Just a Thank You...and a prize!

So when I set out into the Blog World I did it primarily to keep a journal of our families comings and goings. Our extended family appreciated it...when I would ask them..."Did you read my BLOG?" They would say, "Yes I read it...and I am finally understanding Shell-ese".

I had just my family links on my blog page...and I was somewhat hesitant to go public because I was private at the time. It did start to get annoying when I would have to get people's email address to give them permission to enter my blog so I took the plunge and went public!

Then I had a really good friend COMMENT on my blog and I felt a giddy sense of companionship...After that I became addicted to comments. I would say to family and few friends, "So did you read my blog?" They would roll their eyes and answer..."YES! Do you realize it's past midnight and people actually sleep at this time...STOP calling me!!!" To which I would mutter..."Well I wouldn't have to call and ask if you would just LEAVE A COMMENT!" DUH!

Then I was introduced to the REAL WORLD of BLOGGING and blog surfing...I found this site and became instantly addicted and found myself checking EVERYDAY what happened on their RANCH or read the next story to their REAL LIFE LOVE STORY...then ADDED bonus...she gave away prizes...GOOD ONES...all the time! Then I found out...YOU CAN MAKE MONEY OFF OF YOUR BLOG ...what? All her fabulous prizes...made from her blog...I.Was.Astounded. I am also open to those of you who OWN businesses to let me promote your business on my site and give away cool products of yours, hey just want to help out... :)

I came upon the wonderful GOOGLE READER and found out about FEEDS and things like that. I could track how many people read my blog?

It was a sad day when I found out how many people DIDN'T read my blog...let's just say, those of you who have been with me from the beginning...you'll be rewarded in heaven someday, I actually can't QUITE guarantee that...but you get me right? I appreciate it!

So anyway...I have found a ton of new blogs that I feel I have to check daily...I LOVE to find out that there is a lot of people out there who should have been writers...they are just hilarious and know how to put their thoughts on paper...I love curling up on my bed and reading about other peoples crazy lives...it also helps me feel normal and gives me incredible ideas for parenting, vacations, and even healthy living!

I continue to write for myself. I realize that people will stick with you for the same reason I stick with other peoples blogs...because they just plain like to hear what you say! I can't change who I am to please other people because that would be too much of a chore. Someone very important told me that one day my life would be like an "open book"...wow, what a prophecy right? If they didn't hit the nail right on the head with that one!

I have never been afraid to tell it like it is...or tell people all about me, that comes partly from my selfish nature. I don't know if anyone that KNOWS me in person has ever asked me something about myself that I haven't answered wholly, truly, and honestly! I have loved re-living my younger years and sharing with you pictures of this ridiculous and open life of mine. There is nothing I am ashamed of, okay maybe there is, but nothing I am willing to admit I am ashamed of, no sort of tact or pride will veer me off my course...nothing I mind for people to know about me.

I did, however, tell myself that if I ever got to a certain number of readers that I would GIVE AWAY a prize, so guess what? I hit that number...the number I thought would be ridiculous to get to. So ...I am THANKING you for reading my blog and learning Shell-ese, because it's not always easy or pretty.

So here we go...As you should know, but maybe don't, is that I am an AVID reader. I loves me a good book! There is nothing better than escaping my mundane life to jump into a good story and escape for a while...like HOURS...or DAYS if you are me and reading the TWILIGHT SERIES!

So what better give away then having to do with the 4th and FINAL book of the series called "Breaking Dawn" by Stephenie Meyer!

Okay it's simple. There is going to be three winners! The First winner will receive the choice of either the Twilight Series which includes ALL THREE BOOKS (Book 1 and 2 will bought in paperback) + BREAKING DAWN or THE HOST (Hardback) + BREAKING DAWN. Because I don't personally know ANYBODY that has read the Twilight Series and hasn't bought the books. But I thought I would throw that option in there just in case you have extreme self control and waited for them to be available at the Library...now you have the chance to OWN them yourself. Or you can choose her new book that came out THE HOST.

The other two winners will just get BREAKING DAWN. I have pre-ordered them already...so you will get them as soon as I get them! YEA!

All you have to do to get this prize is two things-Leave a comment and tell me:

1. WHY you are either a Jacob Black or Edward Fan not just that you are, but WHY. For example: I like Edward and gallavant around with him as Bella does...but I am a Jacob Fan when he matures in the third book. You should SEE the image I have in my mind of WHO Jacob looks like kinda like this:
But not EXACTLY. I'm sorry but it's MY imagination...and he's warm and can give her kids! He makes her HAPPY...she get a little WHINY with Edward. Catching my drift?...so that is MY opinion! Of course if you haven't read the series yet...then you can just say..."Get a life Shelle...and...I haven't read the series yet!"

2. Then I want to know what your FAVORITE blog site is...and leave me a link if you can!

The Contest will run until Tuesday, July 8, 2008 5pm MST. Wow! That looks official and all...funny!

Feel free to spread the word! Thanks again...and LOVE YOU ALL!

Other things to read

Blog Archive