Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm so VAIN!!!

I'm admitting right now that I'm completely vain when it comes to pearly whites.


If there was a vain person anonymous I would sign myself up.

I'm here to see what you guys think.

My teeth are pretty okay.  I get my 6 month cleanings...I whiten them when I think they might be the color of Mother of Pearl...

But, by genetics, I have two spaces in my teeth.

Big ones.

Right by my Vampire teeth and the second one over from the Center teeth.  Don't know the official name and I'm not going to Google it.  Sorry...just deal, okay?  This is about me here.

Anyway.

I also have to say...all 4 of my Wisdom Teeth have grown in.

Since the last one grew in, I noticed that instead of moving those spaces closer together...they seem to be getting further apart.

Seriously, what IS that?

So my younger brother (27 yrs old) has had braces on for the last 18 months.  He just got them off.  I have TEETH envy.  They are so beautiful and straight and WHITE?  I am in LOVE with his teeth.

What?

It's completely true...I would not lie about this.  And I can't help myself about the envy thing okay!

SOOOOO...I asked MountainSport Man in the car the other day.

Me: "Seriously...give me your opinion.  If you were me, and you had these spaces in YOUR teeth, would you get braces, knowing ME?"

MSM: "Is this a trick question?"

Me: Rolls my eyes, "No!  I REALLY want to know."

MSM: "Okay then...YES I would."

Me: "Really?  So does it disgust you when we kiss?  To feel that space in my teeth?"

MSM: "No...it doesn't disgust me." Shakes head.

My sister-in-law happens to work for an Orthodontist.  

I went in for a consultation.

Guys...I think I'm going to get braces.

How freaking VAIN is that?

To be fair...the ORTHODONTIST told me that it would only get WORSE as time went on because...wait for this...

I have an OVER BITE!

HUH?

Apparently that is the case.  And I'm ashamed.  I never even knew!

They did however compliment me on my teeth...saying they were pretty teeth...that we "just need to pull them together and fix that over bite".

Who feels like Elliott Yamin before his Dental surgery about now?  


Yea...I did.  ( I know, I know, they guy has an under bite...but just stick with me)

So now I'm debating if I want to pay the portion of braces that my dental insurance doesn't cover?  Cause the only way I'm going to afford it is to donate PLASMA for 18 months!

When I approached MSM about it...I made sure to mention that I would also be saving lives as I saved my teeth from future HORROR-ness. (It's only fair...he got to get his laser eye surgery, hmph like THAT is more important then TEETH!)

So if I don't smile in pictures for about 18 months and I looked drained, of plasma, just remember I already know I'm being VAIN for even thinking about it!!!

OKAY!

But really, honestly, would you do it? ( I don't want your opinion if it's not the same as mine!) Oh oops...did I forget to make that small?

Love,

Shelle


Other things to read

Blog Archive