Saturday, April 11, 2009

Guy's and influneces

Over at Real World Venus vs. Mars I have a shout out up to all MALE writers to come join us over at the site and let your opinion known.  If I could convince my guy to write believe me...he would be writing, because BOY does he always have something to say... his favorite phrase, "If everyone would just listen to me this world would be a lot better off!"

No lie!

He may not be able to write is thoughts on a blog post...but...

I always talk about how my guy is SO extremely good with kids.  Our kids or any OTHER kids for that matter.  They tend to flock to him and want to hang out with him.  He's a great person...which makes him a pretty incredible influence on OUR kids.  He's definitely SuperMan in their eyes.

There is just something about a GUY who gets really involved as a Dad with their children.

So as I was blog surfing I ran along these two video's...both with guys who are extremely Great influences!

MountainSport Man wouldn't hesitate to do this for his little PeePs! Thanks to Purple Diva for showing this on her blog and sharing it with me!



This guy teacher is obviously a GREAT at teaching! Thanks to Natalie for showing this on her blog and sharing it with me!

If that isn't the coolest thing...those kids are awesome!

Have a great Easter!  Don't forget the one man who is the GREATEST influence of all.  Because of HIS sacrifice I am blessed with knowing I will one day live again with HIM.

Love,

Shelle

17 comments:

Homer and Queen said...

You're up late! We call my hubby the Disneyland Dad cause he is the same way!

Kritta22 said...

I have seen that cheerleading Dad one and totally thought it was a Mormon commercial!! I was a little bummed when it wasn't but it's still so great!!

The other one is taking forever to load....just FYI.

Have a great weekend!

Anjeny said...

I've seen the cheer video on commercial a lot and I love it. It's beginning to be my lil Katie's fav commercial.

The second video is really neat..it is really wonderful to see guys do stuff like that. I think I've told you before I'm a big sucker for man who are great with kids, that's what attracted me to my hubby in the first place.

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

I love the top one. The second is good (I love that song). The kids are pretty good too!

tiffany said...

That teacher is awesome, can you imagine what a great world it would be if we all would have had teachers like that?

Shannon said...

The Dad PSA always brings a smile to my face :)

Happy Easter to you, too!

Sandi said...

Great post Shelle- so true! Love the kids singing, my eyes got a little sweaty- must be hormonal. Yay for good men!

Barbaloot said...

I LOVE the cheerleading dad! One of my favorite videos ever.

Kristina P. said...

That first video always makes me laugh!

Mother Goose said...

I have footage of my husband cheering with our daughter and it is the most wonderful funniest thing. I have searched for it after I saw it on CJ's blog and I still can't find it.

Mother Goose said...

those kids are amazing they sing with such heart and feeling!

Natalie said...

I know! Isn't it so cute? They do other songs too. There's video of them meeting celebrities (like Tori Amos) and her with tears in her eyes when they sing her song to her...my daughter saw it and just said, "hey! not fair!"

shannon said...

Love those videos!--Thanks for sharing--

I've been MIA for the last several days...thanks to modern medicine, I'm back to my old self...

Have a wonderful Easter--Shelle!

wendy said...

I couldn't check out the videos as when I clicked on it --it said they were no longer available?? that's me a day late and a $$ short. Guys who are great dads--priceless.

H.K. said...

What a great tribute to your guy! The video with the dad cheering with his daughter is something that my husband would do, he's that type of guy.

Since my husband loves to write and wants to start his own blog, I'll see if he's interested in checking out your site Real Venus & Mars.

Have a great Easter!

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

I loved this post so much !!!!
Happy Easter to you and your fam!

binks said...

Ok - I always cry when I hear kids singing....
now I look horrible to go out for Salty's birthday.
Thanks for that!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad