Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Annoying or Endearing Part 4

Okay here's another one of those posts where I tell you a little bit about myself.

To some these habits may be flawed and to some this habits or qualities may be endearing...if you relate to them.

I have already admitted I stare at people, sing when someone says something that strikes as familiar words to a song, and that I laugh at the most in-opportune times, so you already know those things...oh and the fact that I am obsessed with picking dry boogers so that I never have to be humilated by a cliff hanger again...oh and that I have racy dreams about book characters I read...

What? I haven't told you that yet?

Ummm...scratch that last dirty little secret...

My fingers where taken over by some foreign influence! I swear...like I would read books with Romantic Hero's with bodies ripped and defined who are manly men and aren't afraid of anything...but are also most sensitive and romantic when dealing with the ones they love...Yea...like I'm way to cool for that crap! (Edward? Jacob? Call me!)

Anyway...for what I'm about to divulge will either make you understand me more...or make you turn away in disgust...whichever it is...all I ask is for an open mind and to tell all you know about reading it on my BLOG page...because there is nothing better than WORD-of-MOUTH and bad press can be good press, right?

Okay...I have no patience. That's it! I have prayed everyday, whether on my knees or in my mind for patience...

But to tell you the truth...I don't even have patience to wait for an answer...or to be patient to gain my patience! It's a vicious cycle!

For instance...not being patient can be a good thing...when I want to get something done, I do it right away! But it also sucks...let me list the ways...

  • Losing weight...I wanted it off yesterday...so I rarely am able to stick to a DIET...which is why I need to have a LIFESTYLE change...that will probably work better.
  • Raising kids...if you have kids, you have no need for me to explain, if you don't...well let me just say--If you are already bad with TIME (such as myself)...forget every being on time to anything again, (although blaming kids for being late is a useful tool). Waiting for them to clean something up...waiting for them to tell you something...waiting for them to actually GET what is happening in the sport they are playing...waiting for them get better from an illness...the list goes on and on.
  • Material Things--I am a horrible store browser because I ALWAYS find something I absolutely NEED at the exact moment I see it in the store! It takes every OUNCE of will power to pull myself away and NOT buy it. But since being married I have gotten better at this...unless it comes to Camera supplies or computers (Or buying clothes for my kids)...I try not to walk into stores that possess those things! :) So what I am saying is...I have a hard time WAITING to save for somthing...I confess, I am getting better at it!
  • Waiting for a blogger who shall not be named (REE) to comment on my blog...I'm done...I've lost interest...forget about it! Who REALLY cares...and I don't have the patience to wait 16 and 1/2 years to get her to comment...so I forfeit my humor because it no longer amuses me...but I want to thank Insane Mama, Binks, and Kritta22--my unfailing soldiers who withstood this siege with me until I caved. (WoW...those romance novels are really having an effect on my writing...could be good and bad...hmmm.!)

Okay that is about it! I thank you ALL for playing yesterday! I had so much fun and the run was SO close this time...although KRITTA22 deserved alot more votes in my perspective because, no lie, it was SOOOO funny! But so were the rest of them.

I shall leave you with this...

Anything you need to tell me about yourself?

Shelle

18 comments:

Buffy Dayton said...

I should tell you that I'm awful at losing competitions---especially a close second. JK:)
I'm incredibly stubborn. Once my mind is made up-chances of changing it are small. But I'm passive about it. So you may not even know I disagree with you, you'll just find out when I do the opposite of what you were thinking.

Barbaloot said...

Sorry-that last post was me. Barbaloot. I was using a different computer.

Kristina P. said...

I think I erred when I didn't really tell my bloggy friends to vote for me. I didn't really get that whole part. Oh well.

Shannon said...

This post endeared you to me even more... I pray for patience everyday. One day I am sure I will have some.

And holy moly! I cannot believe I won! AWESOME!!!!

Kritta22 said...

i love these kinds of posts! it makes me heart u more!!

Thanks for the shout out....twice!! I sure wish Ree would comment...It would be sooo cool! I'm gonna keep trying!

I don't have patience for very many things either. Especially in the morning! I'm not a morning person. I've told people, don't call me before 10am or I'll say stuff I don't really mean. (Or maybe I do, it's just not nice! He He)
I've never been a morning person. My mom and sister used to stay in bed until I went to school (I had Jazz band so I went an hour early) so they didn't have to deal with me! LOL Yeah that's my confession...I'm not a morning person...AT ALL!

Kritta22 said...

Just so you know, I commented three times on Ree's page...each section. I'm sure she'll get the picture soon!

DeGraffenried's said...

I'm with you! I have no patience either! And I don't think I will ever gain any either!

Sher said...

Ok, seriously...did you sneak into my room in the night and steal my personality? Because everything you just described is exactly...ME!! Right down the dry boogars.
I think we would get a long great!
I prayed for patience once, when my husband and I were dating, and I got it.
It took him two years to decided he liked me enough to get married. And then I was blessed with MY children. Much patience required, not that I've mastered it AT ALL.
Anyway, you're cool. Can I be your friend?

binks said...

Patience? I am a go with the flow kinda girl. Unless of course it is something I really want and watch out. Oh, wait, I have zero (zilch, nada, zip) patience when dealing with dumba**es, expecially employee DAs.
I a with Kritta22. I am still going to be begging for PW comments and am saving them for a special PW post. AND, I will still be coming to report my activities to the Sgt.
Some missions are just too good to give up. (and it amuses me and isn't that what it's all about?)

Alyson (New England Living) said...

I vote endearing! You could never be annoying! :-)My worst quality as a mother is definitely procrastination. Not good when you're trying to sort out 4 kids.

Mal's Randumb Thoughts said...

Oh gosh... the material things section...hmp.

I have an idea...maybe we should shop together so that we can help each other not buy things that we *need*. Or maybe it will just turn into a shopping spree... Oh Shelle that is SOO cute-get it!

Tiff said...

A good friend told me to stop praying for patience recently because it wasn't really working too well. LOL
Glad you stopped waiting on Ree. It was starting to feel like my hubby's mom who always waits for the absent son to come around instead of gloating on the son that's always there for her... sniff sniff...
just kidding. I mean she does that but it's not how I feel about you waiting for Ree...

Ree Drummond said...

Hi, Shelle:

It's Ree/Pioneer Woman/P-dub/P-Widdy. I'm sorry it took me so long to stop by, but Satellite internet discourages a person from doing two things:

1. Ordering anything online: the shopping cart process takes ten times longer than usual. Not sure why, but this is probably a good thing.

2. Commenting on Blogger blogs. For some reason, it takes a lllllong time to pull up the Comments.

Ahhh. Satellite internet: better than dial-up, but not without its challenges.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi---you have a cool site and a beeee-yoootiful family. Hug your kids, kiss your husband, then please send me that baby in the photo that's going down the slippy slide. Because she's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Love,
PW

The Crash Test Dummy said...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOSH!

First of all, that's totally REE! It's so obvious you haven't been punked. That is soooo her!

I am hyperventilating right now! And why am I the first person to be hyperventilating after ReE!!!!

REEEEE, wait! wait!! Hold up! What about me?? I love you too! I read all your Marlboro Man romance too. I'm a photographer too! I need love too! (btw, is that Marlboro Man stuff a scam? Do you ever secretly wish you had moved to Chicago? Were you ever a member of the Martin Willy Handcart company?

Happy Day, Shelle. And we really are twins, except I don't have . . . well . . . I'm not . . .well . . . my body's not really a wonderland like I said. I'm not seriously so blessed if you know what I mean. But we really are twins in a weird kinda karma-ish kind of way because I got a comment from TAMN yesterday! And she's my 2nd fav, next to REE.

REEEEE, pick me! PICK ME!

binks said...

PW - post - Help me Rhonda:
comment # 137 & 139

Does that mean if it really was her, she wants us to go away and leave her alone?

Angie's Spot said...

It would seem that you finally flushed Ree out of hiding. I'm truly impressed! Way to go sista!

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

this post was the BEST! You so crack me up and I just love reading about you!
If that really is Ree...congrats. I'm still not quite sure it's her.
Have you found out for sure?

Jessica said...

Holy Crap!!! How did I miss this?!? You got Ree to comment!!! Ree! The Ree!!! I got shivers, I was so excited to read her comment.
Hey, Ree, you can comment on my site too... :)
Shelle, I loved your dirty little secrets. We share a few of those same secrets.

Jessica
www.momshots.com

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad