Sunday, October 5, 2008

Don't You Hate It When...

TIME'S UP!!!! Post later today! Thanks for all those that played...I had the best day yesterday laughing my head off! YOu guys are the best!

***Update: Only 15 more minutes!!! So unless I get a few more votes in there these will be the standings! I LOVE IT! Here is who is in the running so far--although I do believe there may be some stuffing the ballot if you know what I mean...only I didn't make a rule for that so it is all fair game:

1. Kenz-13
2. Jia and Becky-9
2. Jill Jill-4
3. Krista-3
4. FamFive-2
5. Brooke, Binks, and Marinka-1

Thems the runnings...so keep voting-you have until 10 am tomorrow morning!

***Remember to come back and VOTE for your favorite...only picking one...sorry, can't pick mine...I know, a total tragedy!!!

Don't You Hate It When you revert back to being a college student to donate plasma (Hey, I could save a life you know, it's not just about the money)--in order to make money for a contest you may be running on your blog!

That's right people...I have reverted to pimping out my plasma to afford some bad A prizes for this contest...and to help pay off some debt--to help the economy you know...I'm a giver!

That's not the funny part though...the funny part is A) I am a LEFT-ARM only--which means that I only have veins good enough in my left arm to donate. B) I only have ONE vein that they can find in that left arm that they feel comfortable enough finding a safe place to poke me in.

Which means...I risk the health of my body, life, and veins everytime I donate...because my risk for HEMATOMA is, I guess, pretty high...because my veins are small.

But it's all for you...and the life of my blog...because I care.

So to top it off...not two weeks ago I went in to donate and...wait for it...I got a Hematoma...darn Phlebotimist poked right through my one and only good vein...so not only did I have a Baseball sized bump on my arm that hurt like H..E..Double hockey sticks...but then I got a crazy, yuck, bruise on my elbow, and I can't donate until the bruise goes away!

I swear...sometimes the contest gods are against me.

Anyway...you ready to play today?...it's the official start of the contest, click here for the rules and what is up for winning for the month of OCTOBER!!!

Okay here is a sneak peek of what you can win for this month...the BIG GRAND PRIZE...LOVE IT!


You can pick your own color and engrave something on the back! If you have one yourself...you can always use it as a Christmas Gift for someone else...Pretty cool right? :)

Okay...go ahead and link up! And may the best blogger win...it obviously would be ME if I actually got to play...but since it's not, GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS!!! So go on...everybody's doing it!



Love,

Shelle

P.S. See that ad stuff on the Left of my sidebar...says, BLOGHER...yea, feel free to click on that once or twice or a gizillion times! Who knows...you may free me from this plasma bondage i find myself in! loL!

P.S.S. OKay I'm going to confess down here where some of you won't read to...I don't REALLY donate plasma for prize money...I donate to help pay off our debt faster...sorry to be a buzz kill...it just sounded funnier to donate for the prizes! lol!

59 comments:

Candid Carrie said...

That's funny Shelle; However twenty five years ago I worked at a college and attempted to give blood during a blood drive and I was REJECTED. Yup, I hate needles but I felt so much pressure to participate only to be rejected for lack of iron. I've never offered to donate blood again.

I think it was my first sincere attempt at rescue. If it would have taken a different route, perhaps I wouldn't have collected kids and cats and toads and mice and what the heck else decides to park it's butt on my porch!

Marinka said...

I think you and I have the same veins. I'll need them next week!

thedailyclick said...

You're one brave woman! I hate needles and you would probably have to drag me in there kicking and screaming! Hope you heal quickly.

binks said...

Ouch!
What you do for love....
Schnikes Shelle we would still love ya even if there wasn't a contest. Really.

For the bruises, try some "Arnica" from the health food store. I hear it works wonders on bruises. Really.

The Wixom Zoo said...

Ouch! I get ginormous bruises every time I donate too - I thought I just bruised easily! Hope your arm feels better soon.

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

You have obviously lost your mind and you are totally cracking me up. I thought only drug addicts and homeless people gave plasma. Well, probably not drug addicts. I don't know. Anyway, don't forget to email me your address. That $10 gift card could go a long way on your budget. Love ya'!

Amy Prather said...

Maybe the hysterics on my page will make you feel better... but I warn, you need depends to go to my page... LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks to wonderful Michaela for showing me your blog/contest. Such a great read!

Kritta22 said...

I didn't know you made money off that thing! Cool beans!!

That's for the suggestions. I'm not in love with any of them on that post. Sorry, I'm way picky!! So off to surf the net to see what I can find!
How come you can't play?

Barbaloot said...

Oh my gosh---I wanna win one of those so bad!! But I can't think of anything that's rolling-on-the-floor-laughing worthy.

We'll see if I can come up with anything later...

Trent Kingston said...

Hi Rashelle,

Shannon told me I should post something so I figured I would. My parenting skills may not be the best but they are effective. :-)

Trent (Shan's husband)

DeGraffenried's said...

I vote for #1

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Kritta--I can't play because I am giving the gifts away...and I would win because I'm cool like that! lol! I just want to host the contest...and laugh at everybody's posts!

Looks like Marinka's in the lead since she is the only one that has a vote so far! LOL!

jill jill bo bill said...

You.Are.Crazy! I love it!!! And I'm a nurse and would never need anything enough to have my blood sucked. Now to go vote!!!!!

jill jill bo bill said...

Okay, I added one that i had done back in July. And to vote, do we just comment? And if we want to vote for ourselves, we have to do so and then everyone knows we are losers and...

I vote for Krista because I would feel like a weasel because I came through her place to vote for her, then entered the contest. Gawd, I am a schmuck. Krista gets my vote. Don't vote for me. I suck.

Kenz said...

I vote for Fam Five! I will think of that every time I go to put a pen in my mouth. Thanks!

Trish said...

Krista has my vote. 'Cause I like the cute baby pictures. Awww!

This Mom said...

I hate to give blood when they want to run test so I don't think I could donate for money.

Though I guess it would depend on how much I could make.

You make big bucks doing that???

Becky said...

My brain is hurting! I am not very savy at this computer stuff and that Mr. Linky thing was too complex for me!

So here is my comment...come check me out and vote for me!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for #10 Kenz...oh my gosh that is hilarious! If everyone hasn't read that one...you should! lol!

Untypically Jia said...

Oh come on Shelle, you knew I had to post something . . . all the weird stuff that happens to me.

Untypically Jia said...

I wouldn't enter and not vote. I have to give my vote to becky. Too cute.

Desi said...

I vote for #17!!! WOO!

Natalie Sue said...

My vote is for Binks! I used to dress up my brothers all the time...so I think it is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for #17 Jia. I could totally see that happening.

Anonymous said...

I VOTE FOR JIA'S ENTRY :)

Dippidy said...

I'm voting for Jia....too funny! :)

dave said...

#17 -- that video is priceless

Caraboo Stanley said...

I'd like to vote for Jia. That's one funny girl!

heathersister said...

I vote for becky3575!!

HiHoOhio said...

Becky, her belly (so brave to post that) and the glowworm just MUST win this one!!!

beckysmom said...

Becky is my daughter and of course I think hers is the best.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Oh I vote for Becky 3575! Love the belly photo!!

Heather said...

Voting for Becky3575, the belly pic is the best!

sweets5260 said...

I vote for JIA!

Karen said...

I vote BIG time for #15 Brookey boo-yah. Come on, we all remember those days. To bad we have pictures for proof and we can't just get on with our lives!!!! That is great!

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

number 17...Jia has my vote.
Wish I could vote for you...boy could I just say I HATE to have my blood taken and to do it to give it away...HOLY COW woman!

Rance Wright said...

I am voting for KENZ - I feel so bad for her! Plus it was my brother Ryan who played that prank...hahaha...I feel bad...plus I laughed my arse off!

HAHAHAHA!

The Dennis Wright Family said...

I vote for #10! That is a hoot! Unfortunately I know the kid who pulled the prank and I felt so sorry for HER! Ryan is a brat!!!!! But I love him because he is my son! So I strongly vote for #10!!!

Shannon said...

I soooo wanted to play today... but could not think of anything! I will try for next week!

And my vote is for Aubrey @ Fam Five

Kritta22 said...

I vote for Jill Jill because she makes me laugh! I mean, who the crap drives off with the hose in the car!!

This is such a fun contest! I love it!!

Chrissy said...

I vote for Jia. And hope any plague of writers block on any day will be taken away by this iPod. Love yas!

Jeff said...

I vote for Kenz, #10. Funniest thing ever. I feel for the guy.

Nicole said...

I vote for Kenz #10. The picture doesn't do justice to witnessing it firsthand.

Anonymous said...

I vote #10 Kenz, It's really disgusting actually.

binks said...

ok - it took me all day, because my internet crapped out, but I read them all and they were all pretty funny. Since I can't vote for my own (thanks Natalie for the vote, BTW) my vote will have to be: Jill,jill bo bill. Although the pacifier came in a very close second.

And ballot stuffing - wow!

joe said...

So voting for Becky3575. She is awesome!

Kellie said...

10 am which time zone??? Ooopsie.

#17 I think unless we can vote for close seconds.

sam from ga said...

Oh, I want Becky3575 to win! She is my cousin's BFF, and so cute.

Rhonda said...

Oh, cutting it close. Becky should so win that ipod, just for being brave enough to bare that belly!

Becky said...

Since I can't vote for me...I will vote for Jill Jill- I totally have had the KiKi Dee moment!!!!!!

Matt RN said...

Voting for Becky3575. Poor guy, I feel sorry for him, though.

Tyler, Jamie and Addie! said...

My vote is for Kenzie Hansen for sure!

Anonymous said...

There ain't nothin' better than a little redneck honeymoonin'

ole toothless has my vote!

PUCKER UP BABY!

Anne said...

I vote for KENZ!

Anonymous said...

My daughter's got my vote Kenz I love ya
Dad

Anonymous said...

i vote for kenz!!!

Anonymous said...

Kristen Stout votes for Kenz!

Dartay said...

Kenz is hilarious! I can't even imagine. you got my vote.

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad