Wednesday, October 22, 2008

He's Old...really really OLD!



Today is an incredibly special day. Today 34 years ago, the man of my dreams, my other half, my one and only, my husband, was born into this world!

I can honestly say that I married a really good man. He's an incredible father to his kids and treats me, most of the time :), like gold!

This is what I mean.

1. He won't park in Handicap stalls because 1) it's against the law and 2) he doesn't want to be parked there if by some chance there is someone that actually might need the parking space.

2. He goes to church and fulfills his callings because of his testimony of the gospel and "it's what he's suppose to do".

3. He comes home from work or school and instead of being grumpy and mean and telling his wife and kids to give him a half hour to relax from the day…he wants to play with his kids and make out with his wife. Pretty much that is the routine EVERYDAY!



4. To my ever-consistent-back-seat-driver-tactics, he won't speed, because again, it's against the law and it's not safe. This one IS a good thing I know and understand…but it’s a hard one for me because I am forever late and since I began driving I have had somewhat of a lead foot…but no matter what, and no matter where we have to be, he obeys all traffic laws…yet, he'll throw himself down a steep mountain terrain on a bike that has two slim wheels or a board with himself strapped in because he "loves the adrenline rush"! Explain THAT one to me?

5. Even though I have gained weight since having my kids…he still tells me and SHOWS me how sexy he thinks I am…right there should give him the NOBLE PEACE PRIZE among married couples…just saying.

6. The few times in my life when he has been needed to stand up for ME…he has been there, my ever Knight in Shining Armor! He always makes sure I am taken care of first...whether that is using his jacket because I forgot mine in below zero temperatures...or other things behind closed doors! :)

Same goes for his kids. Except for the behind closed doors part. He is always playing the Martyr...our secret joke! lol!

7. Speaking of kids…after having each kid, those first few weeks, he was the first one to get out of bed…change their diaper…and return them to me so I could feed them, EACH FEEDING,so like every two hours (with my first one, while I was recovering down there, he even would wake up after I fed them, then burp them, see if they needed to be changed again, and put them back in bed)…even though he had to work the next morning! When he was home, he also bathed them and got them ready for bed and held them until it was time to feed them to put them down for the night.

8. Since we have been married…every night when he FINALLY rolls into bed after doing homework or watching his favorite TV show then falling asleep then waking up to come into bed…he will scoot all the way over to my side of the bed (I like to sleep right on the edge) and cuddle right up to me.

9. Even though I have an alarm to wake me up in the VERY EARLY morning…he knows I have a hard time waking up…so he sets his phone alarm and then proceeds to caress, poke, and kiss me awake until I finally get out of bed. Really…this is the routine EVERY morning that I've had to get up for anything…whether it be my WORK now or when we were first married and I taught a dance team at a College and we practiced in the mornings…it's always been the same!

10. When I don't have to go to work early…and this has also been since we have been married…I get woken up by caresses or kisses for a whole other reason…regardless if we have fought the night before or…well…NOT fought the night before and amused ourselves doing other things. :)

11. After we eat dinner and it is our turn to clean up. Most of the time he is the first to get up and clear off the table and load the dish washer. Although he does leave those NASTY BIG dishes for me, the ones that you have to use your whole body to scrub off! But this is about his GOOD qualities! Lol!

12. He stepped outside of his comfort zone to go back to school at an older age to obtain his degree so that he could provide a better standard of living for us…his family! :) He told me that we will always be provided for no matter how many jobs he has to take on. It is killing him that I have to work while he goes to school because he knows I'd rather stay home with the kids. But now, he says I must keep my job because he's not willing to give up the benefits (I work at an airline!)--go figure! :)

13. He insists on showering with me. He makes sure those hard to reach places are thoroughly cleaned! lol!

14. He has never given me a hard time about Girls Nights Out or Girls Weekends(which actually happen quite often)...he just plans a full day of fun activities for him and the kids...in fact, I never hear from him...in the beginning it use to make me feel bad, but NOW I appreciate it! :)

15. He's got incredible green/hazel eyes...with lashes longer than any man has a right to have!

16. His lips are beautiful...and he'll only get me to say this, this one time, PERFECT...the little scar he got from falling off his mountain bike and rolling down a moutain...only ADDS to them!

17. His height is 6'1" which fits my 5'7" frame perfectly!

18. He has a husky, sexy, phone voice...no lie...half our courtship I preferred to call him just to hear his voice!

19. He's a manly man...but one of his favorite shows is Extreme Home Make Over...and every time he sees the ending where the family says, "Move That BuS"...he is softly crying.

20. And to me...and I'm only speaking for myself...He's Dang Sexy!!!



So if you have the time...tell him Happy Birthday...and whatever else you wish to say! lol! But remember...in the end...he's MINE, all MINE, and the sucker is stuck with me FOREVER!!! Thank goodness for Temple Marriage! :)

Let me be the first on this blog to say, Happy Birthday Sweetheart! You still look good for an old fart! :)

Love,

Shelle

P.S. Someone must have punk'd me or REE really left a comment on my blog! lol! No lie...just go and check out the comments from the post below! Of COURSE, she is going to come over to my blog when I state that I've given up! lol! So even though I imagine someone is probably playing a joke...I'm taking it as successfully getting her to comment on my blog...even though the credit again has to go to my valiant soldiers Binks, Kritta, and Insane Mama (please come back IM everyone in the blog world will miss you!!!) I'm sure I'll write more about this when it isn't my husband's birthday! :)

45 comments:

Bennett Family said...

Happy Birthday Klay. Hopefully my text didn't wake you up this morning. I seriously would have kept putting it off if I didn't do it then. Laters.

I might have to be leaving Ree a comment of mine own to let her know that she can't have my little BOY.

T said...

you've got a winner... I'd be jealous except mine's not so bad himself!

(got sent over by Barbaloot - even though the contest's over... had to see what all the fuss was about!)

Kristina P. said...

What a great man! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-DAY bro!!!!!! shelle it's ok to share this stuff with the ladies over tea, but here in the locker room the guys are laughing like crazy. I shouldn't have read it out loud. In fact one of those guys is in the shower with me now trying to get those HARD to wash spots on me. Thanks for giving him the idea.
Once again happy birthday!!!!!!

brooken'dus said...

Like I really wanna read how great your husband is because mine doesn't do that for me!!! Jerk!! haha!! Happy birthday to MSM!! Oh ya and what time are we supposed to come saturday?!?!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Mountain Sport Man!

From the sound of it, Shelle is really lucky to have you!



(Shelle, Are you trying to make all of us gals jealous? It worked!)

Rance Wright said...

Klayton, The family has always valued what an important part you play in my sisters life. I am forever grateful for you snatching her up...

You are a wonderful example not only to our family but also to everyone you come in contact with...as a husband(as we can all read)..but also a brother and a friend.

Wishing you only the best in the upcoming year. Happy Freakin Birthday

Rance:)

Marie said...

Happy Birthday MSM!

Tyanne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - little brother - I can't believe it has been 34 years ago that you came into our lives...WOW!!
I am so proud of you - the great person, brother, son, father and husband that you have become! I am not quite sure how you learned all that with all the cartoons you watched and all the imaginary friends that you played with during your childhood - but somehow you did!
Have an awesome day and I am sure that your wife and kids will make sure or that!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sher said...

He sounds like a great guy!
Tell him Happy Birthday for me.

American in Norway said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you big ol HUNK of a HUBBY!

PS I don't think your THAT old... ; )

Scary Mommy said...

Happy b-day to your hubby- sounds like you've got a real keeper. And he's super hot!!

Holy shit about PW!! I feel like I'm a degree away from internet greatness. And an awesome comment too. Very cool!!

Shannon said...

happy birthday klay! hope you have a great day!!! you are a great husband to shelle and you and rachelle are such a great couple. it's been fun to watch you guys and your cute family.

just remember i knew you when you were doing dances to the backstreet boys!

Jen B. said...

I think you've definitely got a keeper! :) Happy Birthday to Mountain Sport Man!

Alyson (New England Living) said...

Happy birthday to your man! He sounds wonderful and reminds me a lot of mine!

By the way, 34 is not old. My hubby is 37 and I think that's still young. Wait until we turn 70 to say that! :-)

Kritta22 said...

Happy Birthday MSM!! You are a great man for sticking next you that crazy lady of yours! (But that just makes you even luckier!)
I hope you have a great day!

(Shel-it must have been the 3 comments I put up yesterday! I'm going to take full credit! :) Just kidding...I'll share a little!!)

Stodds Crew said...

Honestly, are we talking about the same guy I know. You know, the one who loves to play games with us and just hang out with us!!lol Anyway, with all that said, I guess he is pretty cool. By the way, did he wake you up like that in Hawaii? GROSS if he did!! I want to puke!!

Seriously though, you are pretty cool!! WE are thrilled that you are in the fam. Have a wonderful day. We love you. The stodds screw!!

Aubrey said...

I laughed while reading some, teared while reading others...you got yourself a great guy there!

Happy Birthday you not-so-old fart!

Kenz said...

34! Wow Klay your getting up there! I don't think there is anything I can say that will make this moment better:(, except, remember that time when my husband was and his bro's took you on your first real down hill ride, and they forgot to worn you about all the gear you should be wearing? That still gets a "ouch my stomach hurts" laugh:0!!! So thank you for coming into the world 34 long years ago, so that we can laugh everytime we think of that dreadful, yet hilarious experience! P.S. Your wife tells the best version of the story:)

Barbaloot said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! Sounds like you're a lucky girl...but also, he's a lucky guy that you want to brag about him and appreciate him so much:)

Kenz said...

Oh and Happy Birthday to you! You really are as great a Shelle says you are! Not talking from experience, just a bystander's point of view! Have a great day!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Where's Ree??? Did she really comment? I have to go find her comment. I was just thinking about her as I was reading your post and saying that same Pioneer Woman prayer that your whole marriage is just a big sham and you really can't stand all those cuddly smoochy gross kisses and caresses and all those fortune cookies and tender thoughtful deeds and wish you had just moved to Chicago.

binks said...

I think I may call BS on the whole Ree comment. I mean why wouldn't she put a picture on her profile? She is a photo taking crazy woman. Why wouldn't she list her blog on her blog list? And if it is her. I told her to tell you Binks sent her!
lol

Tell that big, handsome, stud muffin Happy Birthday!

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Happy Birthday, Shelle's man!

Sounds like you got a good one, Shell!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day! We sure do miss you guys! Hope to see you soon! Enjoy your day! Love you tonz! :-)

Becky said...

AWWW!!!!! you made your husband sound so darn good, I'm starting to feel like mine is crap!!! (just kidding....i think!)

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday! You are a very special person and I hope that you know that!

Lynn

The Dennis Wright Family said...

Hey Klay,
Just wanted to wish you a very special birthday! WOW! 34 years old! That is soooooooo young! Enjoy your day and know that you are loved by the Wright Family! We are glad that you are part of our family now! You are a GREAT husband, father, son-in-law (who day thinks can fix anything) and firend!

Happy Birthday!

From Mom and Dad W.

Amber K. said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Klay. You have always been an amazing person. Even when you wanted to throw and unnamed niece's "fetchin' head through the fetchin' wall." It always made me laugh when you said that! You have a beautiful family and I'm glad that I'm a part of it! Love you tons!

Amber

LIFE CHANGES said...

Happy Birthday Klay! You seriously are freaking awesome and I am just happy that you are part of the family!!! I honestly love hanging out with you and shell, you always make me laugh and you are also an amazing Dad!!! We look up to you so much! Love ya!

Suns fans #1 and #2!!!

Angie's Spot said...

Happy Birthday to a great hubby! There are a lot of jealous ladies out in bloggyland this evening. :-)

Annie Valentine said...

As we obnoxiously sang during my waitressing days in college, "Happy happy birthday, from Friday's and the Crew, we wish it was our birthday, so we could party too, HEY!"

And now I shall write a limerick just for the birthday boy:

Some husbands are cranky and rude
And others are "not in the mood"
But you're really sleek
No, never a geek
We think you're a really cool dude

Yes, I said cool dude. It RHYMED, people.

RY & MAND WRIGHT said...

Happy Birthday Klay, You are so freakin old. You are an awesome dad and husband. Happy Birthday bro.

Love Ryan and Mandi

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Thanks for your fun comment today. I love meeting new bloggy friends.

Fun site. Great photography. Just in time for birthday cake! Wish him a happy birthday from blogaritaville.

Happy WW!

Check me out also at http://mommygossip-gno.blogspot.com

Megryansmom said...

Hi it's the welcome wagon again, just to keep things interesting, I'll be randomly revisitng ALL the blogs in SSS. You can call it butt kissing too, just in case you have me as your partner, I want to make sure I've made a good impression.

aframeintime said...

Aww, sounds like you have a great husband Shelle! :)

Happy Birthday MSM!

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

He sounds like such a wonderful man. I am so happy he found you!
And he's migthy fine looking too! From an old lady that is!
Happy Birthday to your stud muffin!

ScHnEiToWn said...

Happy Bday Klay. We sure miss oyu guys and Pays asks about Slayde all the time!! Hope you had a great day!!

Giggle! said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY!!! :-D

I've got a great man tooo! :-D xx

Natalie Sue said...

Happy Birthday, MSM! It's my mom's bday too... very cool day. I hope it was great!

And very cool that REE commented!!!

Andrea said...

Wowza! Sounds like you caught a GOOD one :)

Happy Birthday!

Amanda said...

Wow, you are so sweet to say such nice things. Sounds like you guys have a lot of sex! Shower sex, morning sex, after work sex. Woohoo!

Nate won't break traffic laws either. They actually sound quite a bit alike.

Tiff said...

Happy late Birthday to your Honey!!!

Siobhan said...

Belated birthday wishes! What a great tribute! I loved it. I was actually just thinking about the one I'll be writing for mine in 8 days. Thanks for the smiles.

nick said...

44 comments! How do you know that many people! Just kidding. Happy birthday Klayton. We all hope you have a great birthday (although this is 2 days late) but hopefully you'll get it. Hope you guys did something fun!
-Kelly

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad