Thursday, October 2, 2008

Classy or Trashy?


I was over talking with my brother and sister-in-law when all of a sudden my SIL starts laughing with excitement, "Shelle, you have to write a letter on your blog about this girl I saw at the store the other day!"

But when she told me what she SAW...I wanted to bring you guys in on the discussion. So here we go.

My SIL says that those tattoo's stretched out along a girls lower back is a "Tramp Stamp" or something like that...the details are escaping me because I only had two hours of sleep last night...I think it's funny...and I laugh everytime she says it! (I don't feel at ALL that all women with their lower backs tattoo are tramps...if I'm completely honest, some of them are very cute and look good...just letting you know)...but for this story I feel the name Tramp Stamp is appropriate!

Don't get me wrong...I think some tattoo's have artistic beauty. I can appreciate it, and them.

Me? I'll never get one...because I hate pain...and my body is my temple and all of that.

But I guess she was walking along, minding her precious newly-mother business when she see's a Tramp Stamp on this girls back that reads...and let me bold it so that you don't miss it...it reads: "Doggie Style".

Great! Now I'm going to get a bunch of pervie's googling that phrase and finding my site...HEY...YOU'RE NOT WELCOME!

Anyway, going on!

WTFH??? (What The Freakin' Heck). Is she kidding? Temporary Tattoo for Halloween to get a rise out of people such as myself and my SIL?

If I were to have written a letter I would have made fun of it and pretty much been sarcastic about it the whole time...it would have gone something like this:

Dear Trailer-Trash Lady with the Tramp Stamp:

My SIL walking through the store today saw your precious love for DOGS. But I'm afraid that the tattoo artist did your sweet, humble, and caring message the wrong way...because what it looks like is that you are advertising your favorite...

your favorite...

well position.

YECK!

That wasn't your intention at all? I know you were just trying to be witty and share your love about "Mans Best Friend" by putting a hip phrase on the lower part of your back for everyone to see when you bend over, wear short shirts, or low jeans...I know that, but everyone else might not.

Even trying to defend you and make you understand in this letter puts up a lot of innuendo's! Oh well...

Your stand to show your permanent love for dogs...0r those resembling dogs...has gone astray, no pun intended.

Love Shelle.

That is how I would have written it...knowing full well why she put the tattoo on her back and what the REAL meaning of it is.

But what I really want to say is--that is just TRASHY! Why advertise something like that? I mean, it was done to get attention obviously...but there are a lot better ways, and not as permanent, to obtain attention.

I mean...what if she gets sick of that style? She has just taken her choice in the matter out of the equation...

HHHmmmm...

So what do you think? Would you call that particular tattoo Trashy or Classy?

Shelle

P.S. Just to warn you ahead of time...if you say Classy in this case then I must ban you from my list of intelligent people...

If you laugh and say you don't mind...that's okay...I understand that, I'm one with laughter and throwing opinion away with the wind! :)

JUST ANOTHER REMINDER...Please those of you that are crafty, artistic, and talented...or just have something you want to give-away, like a Gift card you will never use! DONATE to my CONTEST! Click HERE to read some very funny posts--you will LOVE them!!! Check out the links...I think it will be big and I think it will be a lot of fun...so you won't be wasting your talents...and I will promote and word-of-mouth you until I am blue in the face and then some!!! Send me an email if you want to do or give or donate anything at blokthoughts@gmail.com!


33 comments:

Jessica said...

Hilarious!!!!! I seriously wish I could think of some reason to say classy just because that is SO FUNNY!!! But in all honesty that is about as trashy as you can get.
I love the letter!

Jessica
www.momshots.com

Alyson said...

My dad's side is somewhat white/red trash (I say red because there's native american on that side). My biker chick aunt, who is full of tattoos, actually wore a t-shirt to our family reunion that read "slightly trashy". I still can't say that without laughing. I guess the slightly makes it better, right? Maybe that means she doesn't get paid for it? haha

My friends and I used to always call those tramp stamps. And, yes, very trashy!

georgie said...

I cant believe that was your SIL behind me yesterday! I knew I shoulda turned around and said hello! Tell her next time I will make sure and pull my shirt down
;-)

Erika Tebbs said...

Your blog cracks me up! Very entertaining. I love that you are invoved in so many things. You can do it all!!! I miss chattin with you all during primary!!!

Megan said...

No joke here... we were doing our first round of pre-natal classes at the hospital and they were telling the new mommies to be at ease because they've seen everyone's parts and they don't remember one from the next.... Except for one: Just above the pubic area one woman had tatted "Do me!" and the nurse teaching said, "Well apparently someone did because she had a baby!" :)

Brooks said...

Totally trashy! eeeewwww! And for it to say that?!? Totally trashy!

DeGraffenried's said...

Trashy definately!

Kritta22 said...

Oh my goodness! I am shocked!!

I was flipping through the channels awhile back and landed on Miami Ink. It was a pretty good episode, I thought, cuz it showed that they do have some standards on tatts.
Anyway this gorgeous chick came in, I mean, like stop on the street and stare kind of gorgeous. One of the guys went over to her and ask if he could help. She brought in a picture she had drawn of a fly or two. She wanted it tattooed on her very upper tight. (hinting that it was stinky, or well used)
Anyway the guy said no. Then the whole shop said no. They wouldn't do something that vuglar on her. Now that's a hooker stamp!! :)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Jessica--so glad you didn't say classy! lol!

Alyson--Hey my husband has Native American in him! And I want to meet your Aunt! I bet family reunions are awesome!

Georgie--I was drinking and blew water out my nose...you are so funny! And no worries...I'll still be your friend even if you have that tattoo! lol!

Erika--chatting with you during primary was my saving grace! Believe me!

Megan--HOLY COW, I would've laughed so hard! OOOWWW...that would hurt to get a tat down there!

Kritta--I thought I had seen every episode of Miami Ink...I don't remember that one...but GOOD for them! :)

Trish said...

Incredibly trashy! There are no other words.

Janna said...

HI there. Thanks for stopping by my blog. The wreaths are hung on little nails because our doors are wooden. Normally I would have used over the door wreath hangers. :)

Marie said...

Don't knock her. Maybe she is just giving her beaus some reading material so that they don't get bored with her.
Some girls just need a little extra help.

P.S. so trashy!

Kritta22 said...

Shelle- Now that I think about it, it could have been one of those knock offs of Miami Ink. It was on one of those shows.
Anyway What do you want me to send you for your prize? Apron, wall quilt? Either way I have to start soon so let me know!!

Aubrey said...

I love it! Your post...not the tat.

My fave part was "I mean...what if she gets sick of that style?" I was holding my pee in! LOL Ok...I went to far. Sorry.

Lisa (Funny Farmer) said...

Sorry, but my only thought is...

Why would any woman prefer that position? I just don't get it.

Ahem. There I go, being all "honest" again.

Giggle! said...

hahahaha we call it the 'whore spot' here!

My hubby got a tattoo of my name on his whore spot!!! He is SOOO my lil bitch! :-) xx

Erica said...

What the??? Hello white trash!!!! I think i'm going to get a tattoo on my back that says "Missionary style". Pretty boring? Maybe I just won't get one. I can't stand the pain either.

brooken'dus said...

CLASSY all the way!! WOO WOO!!! Hahaha ya right why? why? She was probably nasty if she had that tat so no one would want to know that anyway!!!!!!!!

Jen B. said...

I'm all for tattoos.... have one myself.... there are some beautiful works of art out there... BUT why on earth would someone ever put something like that PERMANENTLY on their body???? Way trashy!!!

Megryansmom said...

Do you think there was one on her front that said MISSIONARY?

Sage Moonstone said...

TRASH!!! For SURE!! ;P

Shannon said...

Well, I'd have to say that particular tat is definitely trashy!


But.... my MOM has a "tramp stamp"!!! I kid. you. not. Its a butterfly... right there on the small of her back. She got it to "celebrate" the divorce from my dad. Nice, huh? But that is another story. Anyway, she had said she had always wanted one so she thought it was the perfect time to get one. And she liked the symbolism of the butterfly. I'm not sure why she chose to have it put there of all places. But she'd had it awhile when she found out that tats on that part of the body are called "tramp stamps"!!! She was MORTIFIED!!!

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

TRASHY ALL THE WAY! GROSS GROSS GROSS!
You crack me up!

binks said...

Splain dat to your grandbaby, honey!
Trashy, trashy, trashy!
Oh wait, was I not clear?
TRASH-O-RAMA.

My only question.
Why?

Amanda said...

She probaby could have gotten a t-shirt, or a pair of undies that would have done the trick... no?

P.S. Georgie is hilarious!!

Barbaloot said...

Mmkay-my favorite part about this is that you ask "what if she gets sick of that style?" Well sure...but what about when she's 80 and that thing is still floatin' around on her back? EW!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Barbalootsuit--THanks for making me vomit on my sweaty work out clothes...put you have a point!

Erica and MegRysmom--I love that you even mention Missionary...in the front? EEEWW and OOOWWW!

thedailyclick said...

Hey, for white trash it's pretty darn classy! LMBO
Me? I think it's gross! Eeww!

Tiff said...

I have tattoos, so they bother me at all, if they are in good taste, however, with that being said... I think this one is pretty trashy.

mrsb said...

I was going to comment about my new "missionary style" tattoo... but someone beat me to it.

Drats!

Nan said...

Wow, this reminded me of a joke a friend sent to me awhile back, it's a media file. Do you trust me? I'll send it to your email address so you can decide if you want to open it, but it might go to your junk mail file since I've never written to you before.

Be forewarned, if you have never seen this before, DO NOT have any drink or food in your mouth, because my disclaimer is I WILL NOT be responsible for projectile objects being spewed from your mouth or nose from the laughter! ;)

Simply AnonyMom said...

I am a few days late to the party. Being as I have 9 tats myself, I can tell you that the pain is not that bad.

Anyway, I don't know where you and your sister live, but i think I ran into your tattoo ladies sister at Walmart here. There was a lady wearing too tight clothes and too short shirt and when you were walking behind her sure enough you saw in bold old school gothic type printing "MONEY TALKS" right across her backside.

Nan said...

So? I never heard back, did you view the email I sent to you about this topic?

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad