Sunday, October 26, 2008

Someone was murdered!!! Read on...

Last night was fun...although somewhat scandalous...I call it fun!

I'm not anything if not totally and completely a gossip! Truly!

A few weeks ago I attended a high class dinner with my LOVER who we shall name Mr. Green...since this is my journal I can divulge that I have a lover...otherwise I would have to kill you for letting you in on the secret, but you won't tell anyone...right?

Well just last week I was summoned by a court order to appear at the house of Sir William Wright...

Apparently, at that glorious and plush dinner there was a murder...and ALL that attended the dinner were being called back to figure out who the murderer was.

Because the dinner we attended was in the honor of someone HIGHLY famous they didn't want to bring unwanted publicity to it...so we were to attend ANOTHER dinner in this person's honor with the sole purpose of figuring out who the murderer was...

I, of course, was appalled about the murder...but being the person that I am, a highly curious and best Relief Society gossiper around, I KNEW without a doubt in my heart who killed the poor person that shall-not-be-named at the house and dinner party of a HIGHLY famous person that cannot-be-named...so I HAD to go, to pour out my knowledge to those who may not have as quick and keen of a mind such as myself...nor do they have the ability to KNOW about everyone as I did...

Just saying...


These were our place cards...they wrote my name in as MRS. Green...isn't that nice, they knew we weren't married, but lovers...yet it was TOO scandalous to invite the same lover twice to such a dinner party...so they made subtle changes...I mean, they couldn't put on it "Mr. Green's LOVER" now could they?

This was our mug shot...they called it a, "Memory Shot"...for evidence...I made sure not to crack a smile, I heard they can figure out a lot by a person's teeth...and color of teeth--I outsmarted them!!! Mr. Green and I had been busy in the coat closet right before this...unfortunately he was still a little distracted...(Shaking my head--I have that affect on people...it's a curse). I made sure to give them my most, "Don't mess with me look"!

Miss Scarlet...the skank...sorry, but she is...was there also! Looking even MORE beautiful than she did the first dinner. Although, the poor boy toy she drug along to attend dinner with her was smitten! We get along famously, Miss Scarlet and I!!! (I wonder if he has any money, maybe when I'm bored with Mr. Green, or spend all his funds, I can move onto him! hmmm...)

Mrs. Peacock brought along her husband...they seem to get along fine, but with a chin structure like that? Who couldn't get along with him? She looks highly suspicious...no?

Colonel Mustard brought along his "wife"...we all know that his plus one and a half was not REALLY his...but though the guy looks like he can wack off your head with one fell swoop of his sword arm...I hear he's a teddy bear--the thought of him murdering ANYBODY is ludicrous...but I never REALLY felt that tummy of hers...maybe she's hiding something, or SOMEONE, in there? One must leave all things open if they want to come to any conclusions...can't rule something out just because looks are very deceiving!

Mrs. White..."the maid and cook", worse one I've ever come across...sat with the homey she is pictured with...although they didn't come together...there WERE suspicous noises coming from the kitchen and NEITHER of them were around when we heard the noises...so we suspected they were TOGETHER...they seem pretty close in this picture...don't you think? She died her hair, got more modern glasses, and definitely had some stuff done on her face since the last time we all spied her!

Professor Plum brought along his college student...who attended the first dinner, saying she was there for research purposes for her "Class English Paper"...none of us were fooled...we ALL knew why she was there. The Professor likes them young, doesn't make him a murderer though...or does it?

There was lots of drinking...and conversing...and suspicious looks being glared back and forth.

Some very interesting potions and things being mixed up...I called it "Happy Mist"...Just saying...

From this point of view...nobody looks like they could kill anybody!

But then again...after putting that photo through my "True Self Machine"...this is what I got...and Mrs. Peacock looks like she is ready to kill someone and her Plus One looks willing and able to assist!

When it came down to it all...after three tries trying to figure it out...It was the last person I suspected...

It was Professor Plum, In the Ballroom, with the Lead Pipe!

What a pansy...who kills with a lead pipe anymore?

How was your weekend? Missed ya!

Love,

Shelle

P.S. Last chance to become one of the Final Four for the IPOD SHUFFLE in my Don't You Hate It When contest...see ya tomorrow!!!

26 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am SOOOOOOO jealous! Looks like an amazingly fun evening. And your costumes rock!

Pat said...

Me too, what fun friends. You all look fabulous darling. Thanks for sharing.

Is tomorrow really the last chance to enter? I thought this might go on indefinitely.

Well I better get it into high gear and enter tomorrow.

abritdifferent said...

Looks like you had a great time. I totally love your wig, very cool! You could totally pass for one of those 50's broads, you have that classic beauty. Hate you. Just saying.

Great party! I haven't posted anything since Friday, my post was long and took a long time to write, so I am taking a 2-day break. if you have 10 mins to spare, come visit. :o)

Becky said...

How fun!!! Did you throw this party or did you go to it? Where in the world did you find the set up and rules to have a party like this??? I have always wanted to do like a murder mystery dinner, but never spent the time investigating how to.

Looks like a great time!

Kritta22 said...

Oh what fun!!!
that is some drama!! I love that you guys did this! I wanna play!!

Missed you!

Jen B. said...

What a great idea! Looks like you had such a fun night... with great costumes!

Sher said...

That looks like a fun party! You all look so cute!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I was going to say HOW FUN! But everybody else already said that. I do love those parties. And I wish I had a true self photo machine. LOVE THAT IDEA!

See how much power photographers have.

Hey, girl. I've always wanted to write a How to Host A Mormon Mystery game.

WHO WANTS IN? Kristina? Lisa? Mary? Pat? Shelle? Tamn? Ree?

And Shelle, no conflict of interest with the contest. If you win your own photo shoot, cooooool!

Do you want me to go post this as your entry? I've got the link copied. So stop me if this isn't your entry.

DeGraffenried's said...

Did you throw the party or did someone else? That looks like a lot of fun. Will you give me the details on how to throw one of these cool parties off?

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

since everyone else has said, what fun...I am going to say, WHAT A BASH! or BLAST! LOOOVVVE the pictures and the costumes. Good times...
How was my weekend...not nearly as fun as yours!

Barbaloot said...

Fun pictures! Looks like a great activity---and you make a very stunning lover of Mr. Green:)

Alyson (New England Living) said...

Loved this! What a cool night and I'm jealous. I want to do something that fun! And you and Mr. Green in the coat closet? Wow, what a night!

Shannon said...

What fun! This looks like y'all had a blast! I would love to do one of these parties some time...

Tonya Lea said...

I love those dinner parties...so fun!

brooken'dus said...

HAHA so fun!!!!!!!!!!! I need some pics!! e-mail them my way!!!!!!!

Aubrey said...

What a blast! I loved all the fancy costumes. LOL

And you're right! Who uses a lead pipe nowadays?

binks said...

Oh man, I am on the floor. That was freakin' hilarious. I love the picture of you and MSM. And the last one, Col. Mustard's 1+1/2 looks like a pregnant homey throwing some gang signs. Oh what fun!

BTW - I am going to win that darn spookathon thing and you will have to come here and make us look fabulous. :)
Hope you are feeling better sista.

Natalie Sue said...

lol... sheesh, you are a good writer! The pics are great too. Those dinners are sooo fun.

Annie Valentine said...

I am a picture junkie. And a costume junkie...and a dress up like a murderer junkie.

You look fab in green.

Andrea said...

Oh how fun! I love the game clue (and I admit the movie too!) It looks like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to do a murder mystery dinner or weekend. You were a lovely Mrs Green :)

georgie said...

That Party has to be the coolest themed party ever!

Shannon said...

i'm so jealous! i have always wanted to do one of those and never had any friends that were fun enough! another shame we don't live by each other!! glad you had fun!

Funny Farmer said...

Hahahahahah! Maahhvelous Dahling!

Andrea said...

Fantastic outfits. I hear professors have this ability to *lead* people into crazy directions.

Angie's Spot said...

THAT looked like an awesome party! One of these days (when I get some cool friends who live close by) I'm going to have a costume party. It just seems like so much fun. And I'm all about a theme party.

The Dennis Wright Family said...

You all look like you were having so much fun! Everyone did such a good job of dressing as the part! I am glad that you had the party! You all need to do more of these fun kind of things! Love you! The pictures you took and the story with everyone of them was a hoot!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad