Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nobody gets out alive anyway...

***Get your POSTS ready for DON'T YOU HATE IT WHEN...contest tomorrow! Here are some examples. Who will be the next winner? You want that IPOD SHUFFLE right? lol! Thanks to all those that have participated thus far!!!***

I am on the road traveling. I don't have a lot of time to post...but I wanted to let you guys know that when I get home I am jumping on my Google Reader to catch up and comment on your incredible lives...that I enjoy being a part of! :)

Here is something I like to think about when I get all stressed and wound up...it keeps me laughing!

"Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. "

I found myself getting really wound up this week because of some things I have read on the internet. Personal blogs and other sites attacking the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, something I love and believe in. They try to convince others that the "Mormon" religion is deceitful and blasphemous...that they need to breakdown things and attack what I believe in. This is what I want to say to those people...just because I need to get it off of my chest...if you want to try and convince me that what I believe is truly wrong and deceitful...then don't ATTACK what I love, because that just makes me want to defend it...tell me of YOUR religion, what you believe and why YOU love it...stop using all your energy and resources and time looking up things to tear down, and spend more time maybe sharing your love of your religion.

I don't really know...it just seems like it would be a better tactic.

Let me put it this way. When I was younger people sometimes would make fun or talk rude about one of my family members...I would defend them with every breath because of my deeper love for them...even if that SAME day I had gotten in a fight with that family member and told them how much I didn't like them and wanted to never TALK to them again! lol!

I also wanted to let people know out there whether you are a member of my religion or not...that I do have a testimony of it. That I LOVE my Savior, Jesus Christ, that I am INDEED thankful for his sacrifice and atoning blood so that I may live with him and my Heavenly Father again someday. I believe there are prophets that live today who lead and guide us and I am so thankful for that. That I know without the gospel in my life that my life wouldn't be the same, that I wouldn't find the deep contentment and happiness that I have. I truly love it and I truly believe it.

So anyway, it makes me sad that people are like that...I have many friends that are not of my faith and I love their inner beauty and their commitment to their faiths. I believe the product of something, is what I can decide for myself, whether or not that thing is good or bad. I am hoping that there are more people like that then the latter.

So I laughed and decided to just let it go...and as the quote says, "Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway"...

And now I can breathe again!

Hope you guys have a good Sunday...and can't wait to catch up! You'll be hearing from me! :)

Shelle

P.S.S. Day 10 no comment from REE.

17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

OK, I am going to submit that previous post, even though it does have a litte deviation in it.

And second, if you read my Post Secret post, there have been a lot of interesting things that have come up about the church from non-members.

I spent 45 minutes answering an email from a non-member about basic church questions, because he said that people have told them they were secret. Stuff about the Book of Mormon and going on missions! Not secret! They said that led them to believe we really were a cult.

I think that as members of the church, we all need to do better at reaching out and really being member missionaries, to help break down some of the negativity the church experiences. I'm not the most Molly Mormon, as my blog shows, but I am normal and love the church.

Alyson (New England Living) said...

I have a hard time understanding why people bash other religions too. I certainly don't waste my time dissecting other religions and trying to convince everyone that they are wrong. It's ridiculous.

I think though there's a reason so many people are tempted to bash our religion and that's because there is a jealously that we have such an amazing missionary program and we have been successful. They are threatened.

McEwens said...

Isnt that the truth... about those attacking other religions. I dont get it! We have a church in my neighborhood that is bent on getting the LDS kids to go to them...

DeGraffenried's said...

Amen! People that bash other religions have low self-esteem and don't know how to be nice.

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

I've been a member all my life and have never understood why they want to attack us. We go to church to learn about how to make ourselves better and be like Christ. Wish they could understand that part.
Thanks for a great post. Glad that's off your chest now!

abritdifferent said...

Don't you find though that the ones who attack it are the ones who claim no relationship with God -- or, the ones who have fallen away. it never ceases to amaze me how twisted one little piece of information can become.

And...I love the quote, it's very true!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Hey, ha ha ha Great quote! And great post. And I can't believe REE still hasn't commented! COME ON Pioneer woman!

So where are you? Is it exciting travel?

MERRIANNE said...

i don't like Mormon Haters!

The Dennis Wright Family said...

Thanks for the TESTIMONY! I enjoyed what you wrote and you did a great job! I love the slide show, it is wonderful! I can't believe REE hasn't commented yet when you have such a COOL BLOG!!! I guess she doesn't want to be on the in! Keep up the good work! Love you!!!

Marie said...

Right on sista! I have often found myself wondering what that blogger who shall not be named is saying on her blog these days. But I can't get myself to go check because it just makes me sick and angry.

But I agree with you 100%, she isn't using the right tactic to get others to follow her. But I don't really want her or anyone else using tactics to get us to turn against or away from what we know to be true (or anyone else). But well said.

binks said...

I learned a verse many, many years ago.
Matthew 7:1
Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
Although I may not be a card carrying memeber of any specific church at the moment. That tiny little verse has weighed heavy on me where other religions are concerned.
Rock on, sista!

Kritta22 said...

Amen, Sister! I also live by that quote! It's so true!! Thanks for sharing you testimony with us. It makes me want to put mine on myblog!

Kritta22 said...

Princess Sweet Muffin-where did you go, by the way?

Sher said...

Wow! Thank you for speaking out about this. I get all ruffled when people bag on the church, too, but I'm too much of a wimp to say anything.
And Thank you for sharing your testimony.

Natalie Sue said...

SO true... I don't understand why people bash other people's religions....If they are of a "religion" themselves then what are they doing being so unkind to other people. As far as I know, most Christian religions teach you the 10 commandments. One of which is to love your neighbor. Attacking, insulting, bashing, and speaking meanly is not very loving!

Aubrey said...

Amen!

Great post, great quote!

Andrea said...

My sister became Mormon before she married her husband (we were raised Catholic, though I am no longer Catholic either). I've never seen her as anything different, she's my sister (annoying as she is sometimes ;)
It has nothing to do with her religion, which she has never once discussed with me (which I find funny because so many people say Mormons are trying to take over the world! lol)
She knows I don't believe exactly the same as she does, and it doesn't matter. We're both people.
Religion is NOT a reason to not like someone or be hateful towards them.
Isn't the fact that we all believe in God enough?
It is for me.

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad