Thursday, October 9, 2008

So HUMOR me...


Okay, so I'm totally bored and I want to amuse myself this morning, so roll with me here.

I've written many a posts about THE CONFESSIONS OF A PIONEER WOMAN site.

First of all, she was the first BIG blogger person that I found by going on one of my friends' sites and then clicking her sister-in-laws sisters site who had posted about Ree (And yes we are on a first name basis…okay, me and like 10,000 or more other readers) ROMANTIC real-life love story that she wrote about her and her Husband she calls Marlboro Man or MM for short. I really don't understand why she calls him that-maybe for the rugged effect?…because she has admitted that he doesn't even smoke. That's beside the point.

I pretty much go to her site EVERY day…she was first on my Google Reader when I discovered it and I haven't stopped visiting since.

Plus she gives Great prizes away.

So you get it right? I'm committed. And EVERY time I leave a comment.

At first my comments were nice…sweet…logical--Being NEW to her site, I didn't want her thinking I was PSYCHO…ya know, you've all felt the same way at some point, I'm sure.

Then I realized that she may READ every comment, but being as BUSY as I'm sure she is…she doesn't have time to comment back on EVERY comment. I get that. She has a cook book coming out…she has photography to take…home school to do…a ranch to help uphold.

So I thought to myself…she probably comments back only on those comments that STICK out…make a statement.

So a few months back I dedicated myself to making up the wittiest comments I could. Just to see if I could get a response.

And I get some visitors from her site every once in a while…then the wondering starts…

"Is it Ree visiting from her site? IF it is, why doesn't she leave me a comment? Just a quick 'Hello Shelle, I'm a lurker, decided to FINALLY comment' or something similar to that? It's probably just another reader who read my comment and wanted to come over to my site to see, in person, the CRAZY lady…as I'm sure I am humbly called. Yea that's probably it…"

So my point?

I've never gotten a comment from her…and this morning I was thinking…(which can be scary sometimes, this being one of those times)…Remember a while ago…like a few years ago…when David Letterman started this quest to get Oprah back on his show? Basically everyday he would give us a count on how many days it had been that Oprah still hadn't replied or acknowledge Dave's request to be on the show…it was hilarious. Click here for the clip of when she finally came on the show after 16 and 1/2 years.

So I am going to do something similar…just to humor myself.

I'm going to start a countdown to how many days Ree hasn't commented on my website--bwahahahahah…seriously, I'm dying here--let me wipe my tears from laughing for a sec.

Okay, I'm good.

Here is what I ask from you. If you EVER go over and visit Ree's Pioneer Women site…in YOUR comments will you put something like 'Hey that Shelle over at blokthoughtsnmore.blogspot.com is SO cool…you should go over there and leave a comment' or 'If I could be anybody else in the world besides myself, and of course you Ree, I would be Shelle at blokthoughtsnmore.blogspot.com--you should check her out and leave a comment!'
Something like that. :) hahahahaha! Just to help THE cause...and plus, it'd be dang funny.

Okay--I best go be a Mom now and live my everyday REAL life--I'll join the virtual world later tonight!

Love ya,

Shelle

P.S. For a REALLY good post on politics from a fellow blogger who I stalk...read this, since I'm too afraid to post ANYTHING about it! Okay I'm not really afraid, but she is just better at stating things :)

38 comments:

Kritta22 said...

You are such a pazz! I read her too! You and her are big reasons way I have my new camera!!

binks said...

Well, I visited her site before and didn't really "get" it. And she had like 10 million readers and you know how intimidated I get with those superblogger people.
Then, you mentioned her AGAIN and that whole love story caught my eye and I spent like, 12 hours online reading the whole thing at once (can anyone say stalker?). And now, totally addicted but refuse to leave a comment because after the first million, who the heck cares. But, just for you (and only you) will I leave a "go visit Shelle cuz she rocks" comment.
I seriously think we should do a hostile comment takeover. THAT would sure get her attention. (I am sure jill jill bo bill could give you some pointers)
Let me know because, 3 am EST, I am so there.

binks said...

Sorry for the book.
Hostile comment takeover. I crack myself up.

binks said...

@ Kritta22
What is a pazz?
Just curious....

Anonymous said...

HELLO its me.... no not REE but Oprah! After the whole Dave thing I scan blogs for my name, just stopping by to be friendly!

Love Oprah and Gayle

♥ REE ♥ said...

Hey Shelle :)
I LOVE YOU and YOUR BLOG.....

YOU ARE AWESOME.
BEAUTIFUL.
SMART.
TALENTED.
and
FUNNY.

WE WILL BE FRIENDS FOREVER!

MERRIANNE said...

yeah... i gotcha didn't i!?!!?

ha ha!!!

♥ REE ♥

yep...
that was ME!

MERRIANNE said...

i know
i know

i'm a naughty girl :P

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

lol...you guys are hilarious...for a MINUTE Merrianne I was like...WOW is that Ree? And then I saw the Hearts...total giveaway, knew it was Merrianne--who i love! :)

Binks...Hostile takeover? something to look into...and I know you got my back!

Kritta--lol...yea, what is a pazz! lol! I think you meant spazz...and yes I am! :)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Oprah and Gayle...Anonymous writer...Let's do lunch! :) loL!

nancypants said...

Hey, I work for Ree... so you're getting closer!! ;^P

American in Norway said...

THANKS for giving me yat another addiction... that LOVE story... & man can she write...

I will go & stalk her for ya! Wink Wink...

Alyson (New England Living) said...

You are so funny! I'll try and give it a go!

Insane Mama said...

YOU. ARE. MY. HERO. I will totally support this craziness becasue it makes me happy! I'm headed over to Ree's now to say good things about you.

Insane Mama said...

comment #306 is all about you!

Darcie said...

Okay, I've never even heard of this Pioneer Woman, but now I must go check it out and join in your cause (which rocks by the way- very hilarious!).

And, thanks for the link!

Tiff said...

Okay, introducing new bloggers to Pioneer Woman is like giving kids candy for the first time, what's wrong with you?! LOL
I haven't read her whole story, had to stop after 2 hours cus my eyes were crossing... So I just put her on my google reader and pick up with new updates, it's better that way... ;o)

Amanda said...

My other friend just posted about her blog too. I can't do it though. I can't stalk random people's blogs. I'm interested, but I refuse. I don't have the energy.

You are so funny. And you have a "bad brain". Ha!

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

You are too funny. I know. I love her site too, but I don't ever leave a comment because she usually has over 400 or so she has to read (which I'm sure she can't have time for). I entered one of her giveaways the other day and I was like number 10,042 or something. I mean, does she really need another person reading her blog. She is like the blog goddess. It's crazy. But, you know I'm your friend, so I'll see what I can do.

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

You slay me! I am laughing so hard! You are just nothing but crazy...and I LOVE IT! LOL

Jen said...

I just want to know how these big blogger-girls can sleep at night with sooo many unanswered (unread?) comments! The guilt would be wayyy too much for me.

Good thing I'm not blog-famous after all, right?

Andrea said...

I love the link to Letterman. Since we can't get him on tv here, that was a nice treat :)

Scary Mommy said...

You are too funny!!!!

I used to get all offended when I'd leave comment after comment and get no response. I understand it now a bit more. It's the one comment leavers that I've stopped visiting. There's only so much time in the day.

But I'm still pissed that Martha Stewart never visited me.

binks said...

So, when is the hostile takeover? I think I fell asleep.
;)

binks said...

Schnikes! By the time I typed my comment, copy & pasted your link and kissed my hubby goodbye, I went from 103 to 139(PW comments)!!!
10/10/08 # 139

georgie said...

I read Ree too...I NEVER win and she has some FAb contests-geesh

i will comment for her to visit your blog too LOL thats a genius idea!

Congrats to this weeks winner

Annie Valentine said...

Hi Shelle, this is Obama. Vote for me.

Oh wait, you can probably see my photo. Well I feel stupid (kind of like Obama).

One More Equals Four said...

This is too funny! I totally agree! I have, in the past posted on some of the "super blogger" sites over and over without ever getting a response. I just gave up and honestly, stopped reading most of them regularly in favor of spending more time blogging with "friends" who actually talk to me! I love your "countdown idea and I must say, you've got me hooked! I must continue coming to visit just to see what happens! By the way, Purple Diva sent me over here to check you out, I am so glad she did!

John Deere Mom said...

You are cracking me up. I, too, love some Pioneer Woman. One of my comments was in the "running" for one of her photo contests. *sigh* That's as close as I have gotten to a comment...her mentioning my title. Which was MUCH better than the winning title I must say. :)

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I am totally going to do that! I LOVE that BLOG too, but I've only commented once.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

First time here--you're cracking me up. I hope you get your comment.

Shannon said...

I've visited PW a few times but have never commented... feel the same way, after 6924 comments its like why bother?

But I will support the cause and leave comments about how fab you are!!!

binks said...

Ok - Ree post: Sittin’ on the Dock of the Pond
somewhere @ comment # 168 (becasue the other day the number changed???)

Doin' some pimpin for my BBFF.
I have no regard.

Now for tomorrow, do you want a Europe, pet, pregnancy or puke story?

Kritta22 said...

I totally meant spazz! That just means I am one too!! :)

Meg an Aggie in Frisco said...

I love PW.. I found it this week.. I am hooked.. Now I have to follow your saga too..

gingela5 said...

I Love Pioneer Woman...in fact that's where I found you! haha I've never seen Pioneer Woman comment on anyone's page. She is awesome though! And if you do get her to comment on your page let the whole world know!

Stodds Crew said...

plush, how can you write so much!! It amazes me!!

Love tae and lisa

Rhea said...

I have seen Pioneer Woman comment ONCE on someone's site...and it was very recent. The Country Doctor's Wife blog. In fact, Ree was the one who first led me to that site...

Anyway, she made a comment on an entry over there a couple of days ago. The post about being raised by Abe Lincoln. lol

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad