Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh how I love being called Sweet Muffin!

So I found something out yesterday that I didn't know previous to yesterday. I hate dislike Field Trips...or a better way to put it is...I hate dislike being the Parent Volunteer on 1st grade field trips...yes...that's much better.

The kids...LOVED it...the teachers...planned a great outing for the kiddos...

Me?

Hated Disliked it!-I'm going to be conveniently busy the next few years of his school-going-field-tripping-life!

The Field trip was to the Corn Maze...I hate corn mazes...because, I'm ashamed to say, I have never successfully entered one without getting myself lost in it, and then Claustrophobia, that I have never really even had a problem with, kicks in...and this happens only with Corn Mazes...OH do I have stories. Just another reason why I don't enjoy Halloween so much.

Moving right along. Like a good Mom I brought my camera (Not my NICE one...I want to save the embarrassing things such as hauling all kinds of camera equipment to kids' events when they get into high school) to take pictures of the whole shin-dig...


See DCar in the middle there...the one just a tad bit taller than the rest of the kids? Yea, that is how I look when I am in a TV coma...it's funny how those kinds of genes are passed down from generation to generation.

AH! There we go...that's my boy...answering a very important question...I'm sure of it!

Since he is kinda the taller one of the group...he wasn't able to stand right by the gate ever because he was always asked to move back so someone shorter could get in and see...so he didn't really get to pet the animals...so I snuck him away from learning about the sick HOG to pet the miniature horse!

Sorry DCar...you'll thank me for your height later in your life...I'm sure of it! :)

Here we are on the Wagon...that took us to the Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze...YEEEE HAW!
In honor of Pioneer Woman...who I know will comment some day on my blog (lol)...I caught some pictures of what my son was so intently looking at...

A Texas Longhorn itching his...well, if I have to explain what, then you shouldn't be reading my blog!

Those Cows...well Rudy over there and her plus one, are eating...but from my Point and Shoot camera's point of view...it looks like they're sleeping right?

We are in the Corn Maze...where I had placed myself in the back to bring up the rear...I think I creeped that kid out? Maybe it was the, "Pay attention...creepy guys are hiding in these Corn Stalks to scare us...I know this kind of stuff...just trust me...wwwwoooooooo"...yea, maybe that was it...but I just wanted a picture of the kids holding hands...they had to do that the whole time we walked anywhere with their partners. I thought the teacher was pretty tricky placing partners in boy/girl pairs! (BTW--somehow I ended up leading for a bit...TOTALLY got us lost...they had to ring the bell to lead us back in the right direction!!!)

At the end of the whole thing...when I couldn't see past my nose because of all the COUNTRY AIR I was sniffing (learned that smell was not Manure...but Alf Alfa...remind me that when I become an expert gardener someday and own/run a farm...to find a way to make Alfalfa smell better!) The people that run the farm take the kids around in this train pulled by a fast Tractor...if that is what it is called...anyway

They loved it...and I liked that we went to lunch right after it! :)

Okay, I will Admit, the part of the Field trip where the kids said things like, "WOW, you're pretty", and "You're Awesome!"(which has to be true because kids don't lie right? They tell you like it is right?) Oh and the "I like you, I want to be in your group", and where there was almost a fight trying to get into my group, I liked that!

And on the bus where a sweet boy stood up and said, "You are a Sweet Muffin"!

I said, "Who's a Sweet Muffin?"

The boy said, "You are! Because you are so pretty!"

and another little boy stood up and said, "No she's a Princess!"

and I said, "Why Thank you boys...no need to fight over my sweet endearments...we can just call me Princess Sweet Muffin!" Where all the kids then laughed! :) I love being the comedian. Kids really get me!

Note to Self: Don't start farm related kids songs, such as B-I-N-G-O, on the bus...kids will continue song until end of bus ride...shouting at the top of their lungs...and also take IB Profin for headache caused by Country Air smell combined with shrieking BINGO song!

Love ya,

Shelle

P.S. The light at work this morning...totally went out while I was going the bathroom...talk about FREAKY!

P.P.S. Day 7-no comment from Ree!

Other things to read

Blog Archive