Monday, October 6, 2008

WEEK 1 WINNER--Let's break it down during reflection time!

KENZ after the votes came in...you are our FIRST winner of the Don't You Hate It When contest! Congratulations! Now I will email you the code to this button and you can put it on your side bar! Isn't it so funny! Wear your badge with pride! You will also be up on my sidebar for all of those that didn't get a chance to check out your post...can go and check it out--it's one of those that you feel bad, like when someone trips, but you can't help but laugh! :)

Coming in a close second were Jia and Becky--both hilarious posts! If I were rich...everyone that entered would get a yellow participation ribbon! Okay...that isn't funny...booohahahaha!


Blog Button 5


So now all of you only have 3 more chances to win for the next three weeks...and then we vote for the favorite of the month and they could win:


An IPOD shuffle...because that is the Grand Prize for the month...you can pick your color and what you want engraved on the back! So NEXT Monday we start another round...don't forget!!!
************************************************************

Now to reflect.

You may not know this about me but I am a sucker for SELF-HELP books. LOVE THEM. For some reason I feel that if I read a self-help book that I am automatically first in line for good karma...and so I read them.

I'm LDS/Mormon/Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints...I know, BIG shocker right? You didn't get that from all the blog buttons that have MORMON or LDS BLOGGERS written all over them?

Anyway,

This weekend was MY church's (not yours...but mine...mine, mine, mine) Semi-Annual General Conference. Which is ONE big self-help book!

Let me break it down this way. I am convinced that the Leaders of MY church sit around and discuss their topics...and I believe that it goes a little something like this:

One of the Many Leaders: "So what do you feel SHELLE needs to work on in the next six months that I can give a talk about?"

Another Great Self-less leader of MY church: "Yea, there are SO many things that it's hard to narrow down. Let's hit the topics that she is weakest in and go from there."

Big Man On Campus Leader of MY CHURCH: "Okay...you have your mission if you so choose to accept it...Shelle is a tough one boys...but let's make sure we choose the ones that make her laugh AND cry...bringing it all home with words that will keep her uplifted and on track to accomplishing her goals!"

Really...that is how it must go, because EVERYTIME, and I mean everytime, I feel like they are talking straight to ME! And even though I feel like sometimes I am being chastise by my favorite Uncle, Aunt, or Grandparent...at the end of most of their talks I feel ready to renew myself and commit to being a better all around person...you know, a selfless, loving, and committed person to my family, friends, and others I associate with.

So I love Conference. I look forward to it every April and October.

But not ONLY do I get to listen to the beloved leaders of MY church on those weekends...it has also been a tradition for the past couple of years for my girls (and when I say that I mean my Mom, sisters, and Sister-In-Laws) to get together and have a weekend of it. Doing whatever girls do...shop, attempt to craft, and go to dinner!

It was a lot of fun! We were going to make our project the FAMILY calendar...but we ended up working and helping our Sister-in-Law Mandi get some pictures taken for her small business she has.

She makes custom things such as bows, tutu's, leg warmers, wipe covers, 9 Month Pregnancy books and more...we wanted to take some pictures of the stuff she made for our girls last weekend so she can finally get her blog up and running! She makes AWESOME costumes for babies and girls for Halloween...I'm going to link to her blog as soon as she has it ready... it is GREAT and she is incredibly talented! I can't wait to show her off...

Even better...I got to take more pictures...and I can't help but share them with you guys...I had a BLAST shooting them!





Okay I'll admit it...it helps when the people I'm shooting are gorgeous and adorable...but hey...my blog...my credit!

Love ya

And really guys...thanks SO much for playing this Monday...I'm so loving all of it! :)

19 comments:

Kritta22 said...

HEY! IT'S MY CHURCH TOO!! You can't steal that away from me! :)

Wanna play on my blog?? Go check it out.

I think it goes more like this...

Pres. Monson: So dudes, what are we gonna talk about this time?

E.Packer: I know some blogging chicks that need to work on being a better wife, mom and laughing more!

Pres. Monson: Yeah you too! Me and my 12 peeps were just talking about them!

LOL I'm totally kidding. Pres. Monson would never say peeps! :)

binks said...

So glad you got some great stuff from church.
Doesn't the pastor/preacher/leader always seem to be talking straight to you? Just goes to show how alike we all are.

Those girls are so cute and the pictures of course are great. Wish I had some girls to share some of the cute things from your SIL. All my peeps here, all boys. *sigh*

Alyson said...

I love the pictures. You SERIOUSLY need to teach me to do that thing you did in the last shot. You know, the darkening around the edges. I've looked all around photoshop and can't figure it out. So, would you mind just hopping on a plane and coming out to Connecticut just to teach me that, ok? Ok, see ya tomorrow at my computer desk in my kitchen!

Alyson said...

Seriously? You fly free?! Lucky girl! If you ever want a free place to stay in New England, you're welcome here! :-)

MERRIANNE said...

i loved Conference, too! :) it was awesome!!!

Those pictures are GREAT Shelle!!!!

mrsb said...

Those pics are drop dead gorgeous! Glad you had a great weekend :O)

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

We must have had the same issues cause, I totally know they were talking straight to me! LOL
It was a great weekend.
love the little button too! It's almost worth entering just so I could try to win the little button!
GREAT pictures too!

Kritta22 said...

You gotta tell me about these things! I totally would have done that!! Well I'll start my own club! :)

Natalie Sue said...

Those picturs are so cute! Both you and Mandi are so talented!

I totally hear ya. I feel like almost all talk really starts with, "Dear Sister Permann," How do they always know exactly what to say! I love conference.

RY & MAND WRIGHT said...

Shell you are so great the pictures look so good and thank you for throwing the little plug in there for me as well.

That really was such a great weekend. THank you so much for all you are doing to help me out.. Can't wait to see more of the pictures

Barbaloot said...

Fun pictures---and looks like fun products, too. I'm excited for you to link to her site:)

Aubrey said...

LOL
Love the "discussion"!

That last picture was gorgeous! Absolutely.

Aubrey said...

No! Not the 1-800-Dentist one.
Just clearing that up!

The Dennis Wright Family said...

LOVED YOUR BLOG ON CONFERENCE! BUT THOSES PICS ARE BEAUTIFUL! Tae Tae and Rie Rie are gorgeous! WOW! You are such a GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER! You totally capture the MOMENT!

DeGraffenried's said...

Love the pics of Tae & Rie! Does your sister-in-law have a web site? I love the leg warmers and tutus!!!

DeGraffenried's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Beautiful pictures! I totally WANT the leg warmers! :)

John Deere Mom said...

Your pics are GREAT! I love them...the colors are so wonderful. I am slightly envious of your mad camera skillz...

Stodds Crew said...

Girl the pictures are ok, but the models are very beautiful. Where did you find them!! lol

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad