Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Annoying or Endearing?

HELLO HELLO: A how to, in case you aren't internet savvy...scroll down on my left side bar (left side of your computer screen) and after my "Friends and Family" blog roll is this new NEAT gadget by blogger that says: FOLLOWERS...yea, ummm...add yourself! Thanks much! :)

Today seems one of those days! Really!

It's time again where I tell you another one of those many annoying traits of mine! Let's just say...this one might be the deal breaker! :)

Confession: I am one of those people that LOVE to keep bringing things up over and over again...especially if it's funny but mostly because I love the link it bonds to people!

I know...

Don't move to the next blog yet...let me just explain myself.

The people I love most dearly...are the ones that make me LAUGH...

But I also like those that LOVE to re-hash old times...or jibe one another about this or that :)

Believe me...I get all the teasing I dish out coming right back to me--I understand that if I'm going to tease and make fun...that I should get the same treatment back...but since I do it out of love and only, usually, with friends and about friends--I take it that way also...that the person loves me--it's the greatest form of endearment in my book! :)

Aside from that...I just love a good inside joke amongst friends--it's the worst for making someone feel left out, which I hate, so I'm always up for re-hashing and letting everyone in on inside jokes or happenings!

So I was attuned to this video on youtube by a fellow blogger, because those of you who have known me via internet for quite some time...will remember that I LOVE funny kid stories, sayings, or video's...

In this video the boy is definitely in some pain--the baby's face after biting his brother is priceless...and makes me laugh. While watching this video and laughing hysterically out loud my little PeePs comes running in to see what all the hub-bub is about. So I make her watch the video...she starts laughing also...but the best part is that now at random times in the day or week she will say, "OOOWWW Chaaawwwlie, eeewww hurt me!" in the best British accent this side of America! And no matter what I burst into giggles with her! It also makes me reminisce about my England trip and hearing those lovely boys in the subway!

Horrifying, yet endearing, as it is...she has now picked up my habit of re-hashing things over and over again...

yet for me...

it never gets old! :)



Here's another example: Candid Carrie commented on my blog once that she thought the letters in my header that read BlokThoughts looked like chocolate...so for a while there, every comment had to do or relate with chocolate to keep that first link of friendship! I do now tend to leave it out...even though my fingers ache to type the words and connect that sweet bonding word to our friendship...but I don't...because I understand being annoyed by things...so I watch it when I can...but I'm telling you, it's a real struggle sometimes!

So--how would you deal with that part of me? Are you screaming in your head "Too much information"...wishing I would have left that out? Some people hate that kind of thing...

Shelle

21 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

That video is hilarious... I think it makes it especially funny because of the British accent. Oh, love it! And I also love to re-hash jokes and funny things over and over and over again. I especially love funny, "Remember when's." I think you are right. It's endearment. It's bonding!

Bryce & Cortney Alvord said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing!

Jen B. said...

I love this video... thanks for sharing it! I also find inside jokes & rehashing things just hysterical.... it goes on in our house all the time! I believe it's one of the best ways to lighten things & have funny moments even when there isn't anything funny going on... It's one of the best ways to bond with someone!

Barbaloot said...

There's nothing better than laughing just as hard the second (or third or twenty-first) time at a joke as you did the first time.

Unless it's little kids with British accents.

binks said...

I love inside jokes and rehashing stuff.
It connects us and reminds us of our history together. I never intentionally leave anyone out and will probably over explain the whole thing.

As for your blog, obviously you are doing something right. Ummmm... how many readers/followers do you have????
Thanks for making me smile way too many times!

binks said...

Oh - I had a mental pause and forgot to answer the question.
Definitely endearing!

Tiff said...

I have that video on my Myspace page, it's too funny!!
Anyhoo... I think it's endearing if you're with someone that gets it, you know? Otherwise, they just sit there looking at you like you're from another planet. I'm sure 'those' people think it's quite annoying.

brooken'dus said...

Ya I do the same thing. Oh well it's all good. OK so I left a message on your phone but I figured it was probably better to just leave one on your blog.....BUT I was wondering if I could possibly borrow the third book... like now!!! I don't know what to do with myself... now that I will have nothing to fill up my free time........well just check your phone for the rest of the message!! But you never told me how to get that "award" onto my blog, I couldn't get it....let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

That video is so cute! I just watched it about 7 times in a row!

I can laugh again and again at the same thing over and over and over...

Amanda said...

You are perfect just the way you are.

Lacey said...

That video was really funny. My 3 year old keeps asking me to watch it again!
The polaroid picture shot was just done in Picasa....super easy!

Marie said...

So I have this same problem, but my inclination is to rehash bad things in my mind and vocally over and over and over again.

Not a good quality if I may say so myself. But I totally understand the rehashing. My hubs loves to quote things over and over and they are always funny, but I don't always get the funnyness of it because a lot of the time it is an inside joke with a sibling.

Cheryl Ann said...

I love inside jokes. They create a special bond that only you and the other insider understand. So sweet to a friendship, whether brand spankin' new or comfy and familiar.

abritdifferent said...

Inside jokes are the best. I don't like teasing when it gets disparaging though. I got teased (in a bad way) a lot as a kid, and it just makes me curl up. My FIL is the king of personal teasing.

This is the second time I've mentioned him...hmmm...weird.

The funny thing about that vid is HEPUT HIS FINGER IN HIS BROTHER'S MOUTH. Funny kid.

Oh, btw, I have an award for you on my blog. Come get it missus!

Brittany said...

hey girl, i'm a molly- brittany, i just was checking out your blog and i love it!! how fun- you are doing some cool things on here! anyway, just wanted to say hi! later-

brooken'dus said...

OK so I still need to know how to do the award AND How do I add to the followers? It wont let me!

Aubrey said...

Every time my husband and I get together with my sister & BIL, it's on! We will laugh and tell old storied until 3-4 in the morning. Nothing like re-hashing the old times!

cally said...

okay since this is officially my second comment i'm no longer considered a lurker, so I feel comfortable saying Power to the ReHashers.

It's a learned trait. Sometimes out of pure survival of the teasers.

Hash on.

ktmay said...

Re-hashing and waxing nostalgic are AWE...SOME. I love love love it. Old "inside" jokes that once got a laugh, old music, old styles, anything from the past.
OH, and I have to call my kids up to watch that video with me. That poor kid. He's so dang sweet. Most kids that age would have wanted to smack that baby, huh?

devri said...

Thanks for commenting on my Manic post.. I'm glad you liked it, sad, but my life... love your blog, will link you if you don't mind...

Tonya Lea said...

Hey, I don't know what I did with your number and email. I am in town and would love to do lunch. Call me 7196493919

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad