Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I couldn't be prouder!

Last week my son made me proud! Not only was he aggressive during his soccer game (no seriously, I could've cried)...but on Friday I asked him when he got home to make sure that PeePs and his self cleaned their playroom before they played with ANY friends...(which to DCar is the worst punishment given to mankind!)

Grandpa was going to be home...but I wasn't going to be home until a little later because I had to finish up with things at work. So I warned him that if he WASN'T cleaning the playroom then he would be in BIG trouble...the ULTIMATE trouble which equals NO FRIENDS AT ALL the rest of that day...not only that but that he would then not only clean the playroom but his drawers, his shoe closet, and the game closet. Let's just say he didn't want to get caught NOT CLEANING when I got home...

So, of course, I was proud when I came home to see he was cleaning...he had taken out the big things and was picking up the little things...but that wasn't the best part of my parental proud-ness...oh no...

I came up on this--


DCar had initiated recruits and was directing them in what to do...attempting to be efficient without even realizing it...I couldn't have been prouder. I have been a little worried about my boy and him being a follower rather than a leader...never sure exactly what place he was in his group of friends...


Obviously he wasn't happy about cleaning...or probably having to delegate...because his friends were easily distracted with different toys and I would hear him say, "Come on guys, we aren't playing we are CLEANING!"...wonder where he has heard that before? Plus his sister was NO help...

The girl means well, but she just can't help getting distracted when there is a camera around...you'll see I got a couple of pics were she is in there helping, but those pictures I was sneaking around the door to get the picture...which is why you have that big BROWN obstruction in all of the pictures...once she saw the camera...it was hopeless...


I was just messing with the editing actions I have in PhotoShop...this is soft and faded from PW Actions...it makes the picture look old and faded right? Thought it was fun...anyhow


What's one of my posts without ending it with a dirty faced smile by PeePs? I mean, I can't be completely perfect...I tend to overlook her consistent effort to eat something and manage to get more on her face then in her mouth...it's to tiring to keep up ya know?

So...I'm proud that my son seems to be a leader...and can even recruit to his dilemma...they actually finished cleaning that huge disgusting MESS!

Do you ever worry whether your kids are leaders or followers? Or am I the only one that thinks that has a lot to do with who they become when they have to go through those hard in-between years and teenage years?

Shelle

Other things to read

Blog Archive