Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Foto Finish Fiesta...Scooter Style!

Growing up and especially in High School...guys that were "skaters" were cool! Rough, extreme, and naughty sexy...

I even watched X games faithfully--my favorite you ask...those that had an Austrailian, English, Irish, or Scottish accent! lol!

It was one of the things that attracted me to my husband first off. He could skate, snowboard, and willingly participate in anything that dealt with breaking a bone!

Well, my son, totally takes after my husband. He skates, snowboards, and willingly participates in anything that might break a bone (knock on wood, it hasn't happened yet)!

So this Friday...I pick these photos:



He's five in these pictures...so being on a scooter is COOL...doing tricks?...

Makes him top dog among his friends!!!

Watching him learn those tricks...whether on a scooter, skateboard, or snowboard...about gives me a heart attack...

Watching him fall in love with it...priceless!

And like I've told him...it'll help with the girls when he gets older...that, and if he can work on an Austrailian accent! lol!

Come over and play with us at
Candid Carrie's!

Shelle

P.S. Don't forget to get your posts ready for Don't You Hate It When on Monday and participate in the ROFL posts...it should be hilarious...click here to get some examples!

23 comments:

Jen B. said...

Awesome pictures...I can't believe he's doing that at 5!! I would be having a heart attack! He's a brave little guy!

Staci said...

Thats so awesome hes gettin so big he definetly doesn't look like hes 5

Alyson said...

Such cool photos!! How do you get that see-through black shading on the sides? I've tried to figure out how to do that on photoshop, but haven't been able to figure it out.

I used to think an english accent made a guy sexy too. That was until I moved to England in high school and saw that all those english boys were just as big dorks as their american counterparts. And, actually, american boys, as a whole, turned out to be cuter. That dashed all my dreams of marrying an earl or duke!

thedailyclick said...

He's 5 and does THAT? That makes him cool inmy book, too... and very talented!
Great pics, too!

mrsb said...

Wow, he's got mad skills!

The Rule Maker said...

Fabulous Photos!

Susie said...

5?? That's awesome!

Debbie said...

Wow, what's he going to be doing when he's 12?

aframeintime said...

Wow! Only five years old and doing tricks like that, too cool!

Molly said...

Brilliant pics!

binks said...

Of course spectacular pictures, again.

He is such a cool kid at 5. Wish mine was as cool at 18. He can so kill a trick in "Tony Hawk". ;)

Shannon said...

Very cool... he's following in his dad's footsteps, huh?

binks said...

Awe shelle - thanks for your super sweet comment over at Marinkadinka NYC's blog.
But you are the best!
I just this very second read it (well maybe 3 or 4 seconds ago, wait 5... 6)and I had to hurry over & return the love!

Muah!

Romi said...

Save those pics for his sports biography on television someday when he is famous! That's some talent he has.

Scary Mommy said...

Wow! Five years old? Way impressive!

Fabulous blog you've got here, so glad you stopped by so I could discover you!!

Lauren said...

Your photographs are amazing!
And that gum chewer should be shot! Or at least smacked. No pun intended.

Melissa B. said...

Awesome snaps! He's a talented skater, and you're a talented photog! BTW, if ya thought my Friday Foto was Funny, you should check out the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes tomorrow. We'll be Sharing that Caption Love, ya know!

AndBabyWillMake4 said...

Whoa, he is super cool if he's five and doing tricks!!

Aubrey said...

How neat is that!! My heart would be dropping to my stomach watching my little one do tricks like that. It is pretty exciting though, his love of it!

I want to post the picture of "you know what" BUT first I have to stop laughing AND make sure my man won't be totally freaked out about it! LOL

Dolly said...

My boys now go "longboarding" down our very steep hill with an S-curve! I try and ignore their plea for attention and road rash:(

I've just tagged ya' (with your weird facts) Read mine...

abritdifferent said...

That kid of yours has some mad skills! Great shots.

Oh, wanted to tell you...Burge? Was a sealer in the Sydney Temple.

~Billie~ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...and thanks for the compliment!!

Great pics! My kids love their scooters. I told them I want one too! LOL!

Robyn Brown said...

Your blog is insane. How are you? I haven't seen you in years. Your kids are so cute. Robyn Brown

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad