Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Stomach is TOO old to eat Sticky Fingers from Wingers!

Okay, I am secluded in a closet writing this post because my New Year's Resolution was to clean before I posted...(Thanks Kritta for the uninspired-inspiration---NOT!)

It wouldn't have been so bad if I would have just kept it to myself, but NO, I had to announce it to my family, and for SOME REASON, my husband wants me to stick to this one! The NERVE!

If I want to break a NEW YEAR's Resolution hours after I made it, that should be MY prerogative, not his...right?

Can I get an a M.E.N.!

I wanted to Barf My Brains Out (BMBO--if you haven't been stalking Crash...you wouldn't have known that, except hers was BYBO--Barfing Your Brains Out)--after my New year's party not because I DRANK to much...but because I ATE one to many Wingers STICKY FINGER wings! OH.MY.Gadness!!!! It wasn't the Pizza from Pizza Hut that did it, or the Caramel popcorn I made with LIGHT BROWN SUGAR and LIGHT CORN SYRUP, or the Wheat Thins I ate, or the Root Beer Float I had...

No...

It was definitely the Sticky Fingers from Wingers that did it!

I summoned the GODDESS of not-throwing-up to my rescue and vowed NEVER to indulge in my Sticky Fingers again...or Party like it's 1999...but 10 years later!

My stomach isn't as young as it use to be...and that is just plain sad.

Back in the Ol' Days...none of this would have been a problem. Cleaning would have been passed as a poor excuse of boredom and almost BYBO after eating STICKY FINGERS would have been passed as a dare gone wrong.

So sad...

This WHOLE getting older bit!

Why do they call it HAPPY NEW YEAR? More like SAPPY new year!

I think Benjamin Button had it all right...or the writer of Benjamin Button had it write/right...let time go Backwards, we should be celebrating and partying like it is 2007...

The only thing I would change is that when we get to the point in our life that is the MOST tolerant of eating STICKY FINGERS from WINGERS than we can stop time...right there...and live in perfect perfectness! Don't you think?

And just because I want to say this...when I partied like it was 1999---it was, and my body was, pretty PERFECT!

Can I get an AMEN!

Love,

Shelle

To 2009 and hoping that all of YOUR stomachs were young enough to eat Sticky Fingers!

19 comments:

Kate said...

AMEN!!! I don't have a wingers here, but can sympathize. (although i am not writing this hidden in a closet.) Mass quantities of mexican food can have the same effect. :)

ps, I enjoy reading your blog and nominated you for the spotlight at MMB.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

What I want to know is why you would ever make such a ridiculous resolution in the first place. And you know why it is ridiculous? Because when you clean a house it last for all of about 30 seconds, but when you post a post, it is eternal. You can come back and revel in it and re read it and say to yourself wow am I clever, over and over, and even a month later you can come back and see your writing in all its glory. Now you show me one thing involving housework that you can see a month later unchanged and still undone. So just make a new resolution to forget your first resolution.
Can I get an amen sista?

Tiff said...

Didn't you know that when you put your resolutions out there to the universe that it's 100% certain you won't keep them past the first week? but one day, come on Shelle! LOL just kidding... I didn't even make any resolutions except to live in the moment, best resolution E-VAH!
Hope your belly feels better soon, being so full that you feel sick is no fun...

Barbaloot said...

How does one summon this Goddess of not-throwing-up? That knowledge could come in handy to me after today...

April said...

Alright ...... a little lesson here from a pro.... and I'm not a pro because my house is spotless, I'm a pro because I learned the fine art of delegating from my dad! So, yes, you can have a clean house albeit for 30 seconds IF you delegate!!!

H-E-double hockey sticks, I still have the hubby folding laundry because of a comment he made from our first week of marriage! He said, "You don't fold towels that way." I said, "Great, now you get to fold the laundry from now on. Is there anything else I do that you don't like?" SILENCE. True story.

BTW, way to go with the mixing of the foods!!! Woooo!!! But those sticky fingers are pretty rich. The rest I understand are calorie free.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. How funny. We are so twins. I ate caramel popcorn and Root Beer floats last night too. I bet that did it. Sticky Fingers wouldn't be that rude.

And how funny you're in the closet BYBO, blogging your brains out, because you publicly announced your New Year's rez. Never publicly declare, girlfriend. hee hee

Love it! I mean, LURVE it!

Kristina P. said...

I was literally passing a Wingers about 5 minutes ago, thinking, I hate their BBQ sauce stuff they put on their fingers. No joke. Waaaay too sweet.

You can eat all my sticky fingers too.

Kritta22 said...

I am already breaking my resolution too!! But I'm justifing it by the HUGE givesway in the Quilting blogging world that is today. i mean, if I win fabric, i don't have to BUY it!!

What are sticky wings?

brooken'dus said...

Yum sticky fingers.....must go have some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I admit it is totally my fault that you didn't get to go home and relax!! I'm SOOO sorry!! Belive it or not I don't have a ward directory (we've asked for one and no such luck) all I have is the other teachers e-mail so I emailed them and told them I was going to be gone and I guess they didn't get that one!! hahaha SORRY!!!!

binks said...

Friggin Crap! I wish I was there with you and your sticky fingers and rootbeer floats (although I had no idea what the H.E. double hockey sticks they were and had to go an look them up)
We went looking for sushi and all the restaurants were CLOSED at 10:30PM!!!
They were all acting like it was a Wednesday night, what the heck was that all about?

@ brooken'dus - don't try to suck up now. The friggin damage is done.
;)

prerna said...

i really adore what u have written...
keep it up! :)

Kritta22 said...

Your page is loading like a thousand times faster now...what'd ya change?

Kritta22 said...

Alaskan Redneck ways?!! LOL You crack me up Homes!

♥georgie♥ said...

LOL...and aMEN!!!!
have no clue what sticky wingers are

Jen said...

I feel so sorry for you and your gastric disappointments. Personally, I have a stomache made of steel, and so far age hasn't affected it.

I get sick on the scrambler at the fair though, and that's a real bummer.

Happy New Year! (and I haven't cleaned yet either - don't tell my husband)

Erica said...

Can I say that I am obsessed with sticky wings from Wingers. I am so sad that you barfed your brains out eating them. That would be the worst thing that could ever happen to me because I can never eat something that I've barfed up before. You need to do some eat training to get your stomach back up to speed my friend. If I was there, I'd do it with you. Come on Shelle, you're not old, you just have a weak stomach.

Mariko said...

Mmm. I really want some sticky fingers from wingers. Can you ship them to me?

T said...

because I didn't know about the goddess of not throwing up I spent New Years Eve BMBO... thus we saved our sticky fingers for today... hmmm... maybe should have waited another day or two?

Shannon said...

Ah.... overindulgence. The holidays just wouldn't be the same without it.


Here's to a fab 2009! Cheers!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad