Friday, January 23, 2009

Where my family goes from Somewhat Respectable to Redneck White Trash...I love it!

This is my Brother, I deem, The Traveler. He's the oldest of my OLDER brothers. He's a perfectionist and has always had all is ducks in a row.

But the times I LOVE him most is the times when he is NOT perfect...

He had the opportunity to take part in raising me...lucky guy. He taught me responsibility and to always have a plan A,B and C.

That is his KMART model look...he's perfected it. Mine rallies his though, I should have been a KMART model...oh well, that time has passed...

Okay, so he TRIES to be evil...but he can't be, he's totally NOT evil in Anyway. He didn't even KNOW about French Kissing until he was closed to being engaged??? And he didn't get married until he was 31...What the What? I'll never understand that...(Sorry Heidi, but it's just so FUN to French Kiss!!! In my HUMBLE opinion!)

But like I said, I love when he gets surprised, when the unexpected happens to HIM...

So the FAMILY Christmas party I planned we had a FIESTA. What's a Fiesta without a pinata? In my world of ignorance...it's NOTHING without a Pinata. So we had ONE pinata for the kids...FULL OF SUGAR treats and cheap penny toys...they LOVED it.

We filled the adult one with MONEY. Cash and Change...but we didn't tell anybody about it. We wanted it to be a surprise...catch everyone OFF guard. And THE TRAVELER was NO exception!

As soon as my Dad swung at that pinata and money went FLINGING EVERYWHERE...my family went from Highly respectable family...to REDNECK WHITE TRASH! (And I mean that in the MOST respectful way :) )

It was Glorious! Then at the mad scramble for the money...my brother--my perfect, reliable, and handsome brother...slipped on ice we had covered up with the tarp and fell...so UNGRACEFULLY and UN-Perfectly! And I caught the after math on CAMERA!!!

Flat on his back--at least he can still smile at himself...the pants next to him is Suns Fan #1...he was asking if The Traveler was okay...now watch...

He's laughing...everything is good...

Still laughing...Suns Fan #1 is pointing his finger and the black coat with skinny jean legs is The Traveler's wife...notice she is turned around still trying to nab some money! :)

Okay he's getting up...

This is my White Trash Redneck Family...The only ones paying attention to THE TRAVELER is either pointing at him and laughing...or just plain laughing.

The Traveler's wife is showing the DOLLAR she nabbed...

The others? They are all still attempting to pick up whatever LOOT they can get their grubby hands on...notice the left hand side of the pic...my BIL who I talked about in my FIRST KISS story...he's on his 6'5" hands and knees SCRAPING for a nickel...or maybe a quarter! *shakes head*

The Traveler is flexible...we are a PERFORMING family...here is he is in a FULL lunge stretch!


I hope it didn't ruin his coat...maybe we should have warned him about the ice? Or maybe about the money so he wouldn't have been so EAGER to be the first to the scene of the Pinata LOOT?

OHMYGOSH...I LOVED IT! It was the best pinata party EVER!!!

Now go to Candid Carrie's and join with your OWN pictures!

Love,

Shelle

29 comments:

Susan said...

That is priceless. Seriously.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

So much fun. Great pictures, but some stupid add was covering part of your witty story. Where were you? How were you so high up to catch everything?

Kritta22 said...

That shows a great family there! Grab the money and then see if he is alright. I totally love it. We would get along nicely!

Barbaloot said...

Love the play-by-play you gave. And what's with hiding ice under tarp? Were you hoping to trip people up? :)

T said...

awesome... I'm trying to think of how to manage one of these pinatas at our next fiesta... (we'll skip the ice though...)

Haynsy said...

Now I understand why we're triplets, minus the entire "Highly Respectable Family" part.

White trash requires the Seven Deadly Sins without alot of effort, unless you're trying to get your welfare check.

And isn't technology wonderful, take the picture, post it, read it, be embarrassed. Better than Polaroid or the phone.

Haynsy said...

Now I understand why we're triplets, minus the entire "Highly Respectable Family" part.

White trash requires the Seven Deadly Sins without alot of effort, unless you're trying to get your welfare check.

And isn't technology wonderful, take the picture, post it, read it, be embarrassed. Better than Polaroid or the phone.

Haynsy said...

I really hate mobile network cards.

I just wanted to get my point through by banging on the keyboard twice.

♥georgie♥ said...

why is it so funny when someone else falls??? LOVED the pix!!!

Kristina P. said...

Your family is crazy. I love it.

shannon said...

That's hiarious--The way you documented it made me feel like I was a part of the redneckedness of it all...what a fantastic memory that must have been...

McEwens said...

he seems like so much fun! HOW lucky for you!

Kathy said...

Sounds like my brother, only he is gay and proud of it! One question, do your brother and his wife have matching coats?? he he. cute post very "griswold" just like our family.

LIFE CHANGES said...

Oh my gosh I love the post!!! That was seriously so funny too bad you didn't get pictures of him throwing me out of the way that would have also been priceless a pregnant girl being toppled by her brother for a buck. Anyways, it was way fun taking your kids they are so cute! Also, D felt so bad about kicking you off me on the other hand I knew you would get over it!!! haha! Love ya!

Keelee and Simon Leuluai said...

Hey there, found your page through Katy and Barts. You are hilarious. Thanks for keeping me entertained.

Aubrey said...

Good Stuff! OMGosh. White TrashTASTIC! LOL

Heidi Ashworth said...

Shelle--no need to apologzie, I'm sure everyone here understands why I had to turn you down, though. (And here you were thinking I was just an old prude!)

nick said...

There is nothing better than someone falling on their face or butt. It is one of those things in life that makes me laugh for days. Whenever someone gets hurt I say are you all right? But I can't stop laughing. It seems so insensitive, but I really do care. Laughing takes priority sometimes. But don't worry I don't laugh when my kids or anybody else's kids get hurt. Just talking adults here.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

HI SUSAN--you know I LOVE hearing from you!!! :)

NHC--how in the helk does that TAMN add get in the way...I'm so P-O-ed...SERIOUSLY!!! I was on the Balcony looking down...that way I stayed out of the pushing and shoving! :)

Kritta--Good to know that you don't judge me because of my family...they were scrapin the pavement for mere nickels dimes and quarters! But it was great fun!

Barb--I'm goig to be honest here, I didn't really REMEMBER there was ice under there, but I sure did after he slipped and fell...I wasn't really expecting anybody to walk around that area! lol!

T-Pinata's are the WAY to go...really, fun for EVERYONE...even the adults were itching to pick up the penny toys, saying it was for "their kids"

Haynsy-If you have to say something TWICE it must be important :) It's totally about the 7 deadly sins...

Georgie-It's MORE than funny, its HILARIOUS!!!

Shannon--I'm so sorry that you had that 3D experience, sometimes that small town white trash comes out of us...lol!

Kathy--that is funny you noticed the coats because we I was making the post I thought that same thing, "What the What? They have matching coats!!! :)"

Life Changes--I know, I should have been shooting the whole time, but I didn't...I love your face while you are laughing it's CLASSIC!

KEELEE--Hey girl...Come around anytime...and I'm going to hope over to your blog and check you guys out! :)

Aubrey--Thanks, I can't believe you had GOOD and White Trashtastic in the same sentence! :)

Heidi-nice to catch me on that wording sly old prude!lol! hahaha! Of course someone who writes NOVELS would catch something like THAT! :) I'm so embarrassed.

Kelly--that is why we get along so well in Real Life, because I'm the exact same way...the laugh always comes first...but I'm really concerned if they are okay! :)

The Rule Maker said...

I am so stealing this idea! My youngest brother would seriously kill someone for a buck! I can't stop laughing....just thinking about it is making my sides hurt. Great Post. Thanks for the laugh and idea.

King Fam said...

I know that you already know this, but you have an amazing family. The fact that all of you get along so great is very rare. Even the in-laws are considered just as much part of the family. Kudos to you guys

brooken'dus said...

hahahahahahaha

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

Too funny. Ah, it's good to be a redneck!

We used to live in Delaware (unfortunately my poor son was born there... he'll have to live with that his whole life poor kid) If you went past the town where we lived (Newark - U of D) we called it Slower Lower Delaware and ya know, it fit!

Melissa said...

Your family is great! I also love it when my white trash family gets together!

roy/elisabeth dean said...

funny-funny-funny! Actually sounds like one of my family get togethers! I don't know how you were able to capture it on camera, I would be laughing so hard that I couldn't hold the camera still!
Thanks for sharing! I LOVE IT!
BTW...I think people imaccentate "mah suthen accent" all the time!!!
♥ Lilly

Kass Martin said...

Oh man. That is so funny. I wish I were there. Not only for the money but I would for sure be the one pointing and laughing. I love things like that. That's why AFV is my favorite show. (America's Funniest Home Videos) Where are you living now anyway? I too have major guilt foods that I feel bad about almost before it's made it's way to my stomach-as it's starting the slide down-I'm regretting it. Oh well. I have to get over that one.

Youngblood4ever said...

HAAHAAHAA! That's all I can say...well that and I love the money pinata idea. Might have to steal that one!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh that was awesome!!! best post ever. How funny. hee hee heee heee

And you're right. He is flexible.

I love his K-Mart model look.

And I love the guy pointing and laughing at him. ha ha haa ha ha That would be MEEEEE! Shelle, these are the kinds of shots I want you to capture on our blog across America.


hee hehehehehheh

Natalie Sue said...

I love the pictures! I love seeing your family!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad