Thursday, June 4, 2009

Who is the fairest of them all??? My NEW BBFF!

***Make sure to click on the pictures below... my favorite charmer just taught me this new trick!!!

Once upon a time, in a far off land, there lived a spunky, sarcastic, red head... who called herself QUEEN.

This did confuse me much, because around here, in this neck of blog land, I WAS QUEEN!

So I did loathe her name much because I felt like I was talking to myself except that I was a spunky, sarcastic, and brunette...

Soon I found out that her kingdom was not far from mine.

She was the fairest one in her kingdom.

I, of course, was the fairest one in mine, and when I mean FAIR I mean WHITE. For her I mean gorgeous.

So we did discuss that we must meet up and see for SURE who was the fairest of us both!

So we did lunch.

And April, who is almost an empty nester in her land came to be our judge.

And April dubbed herself the winner.

The End.

Now let's review.

Queen, from Homer and Queen, is new around the blog land... but she gives some of the BEST comments ever. She's funny, sarcastic, and mischievious. And I liked her right off!

So when I found out she lived near me and she came up to my town often, we made a lunch date.

And if you add up how many times I've met a blogger in real life... you will concur that I am becoming a meet-a-blogger-in-real-life-prostitute... and I'm okay with that.

April came also and we had such a GOOD time. April was as cute and little as ever... and she's honest and smiles a lot and laughs even more. She's definitely someone you would want to hang around often. She's everything she seems!

Queen is a rockstar! I'm not lying. Gorgeous to boot to. In fact I think the first thing I said to her is, "WOW you're gorgeous!" She had me laughing from the moment we greeted each other. The waiter was eating out of her hands by the end of the meal.

Click the pic!

You want to know what she said to me? "You're photogenic"... which means in code... basically... you're prettier in your pictures. So I took off my princess mask and let her see the OGRE underneath. Ya know what? She did the same! Except that she PUT on her OGRE mask to make me feel better... she's a REAL friend that way.


I'm not allowed to discuss anything we talked about... "what's said at lunch, stays at lunch" she warned me, but I have definitely made a friend for life! I think April would agree, but I'm speaking for her so I don't REALLY know.

Queen agreeing? Not sure either, but I bet she's always UP for a free lunch and a Spit Free Diet Coke with lemon?

Next time guys... LUNCH's on ME!!! (I'll bring my princess mask)

Click the pic!


Love,

Shelle

21 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am so jealous! I love April. And I didn't even know her real name!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I am so jealous also. I need to meet up with Queen. I love her comments also. I may be coming through in about two weeks, so we better get together with April again.

Did you think SYTYCD was kind of a bummer last night, what with all my favs getting cut and then having to wait all the way til tonight for the results?

Homer and Queen said...

You are too funny!!! You are way prettier in real life... it is those eyes much better across the table!

And ummm, I did NOT like being the fattest one there!!! BBFF's for life!

Next time I'll bring Hamster with me!

Thanks for that sweet post...and it's even my birthday!!!

Homer and Queen said...

P.S. Homer said "one blonde, one readhead, and one brunette...you guys look like Charlie's Angels!"
Isn't he just sweet....

Barbaloot said...

How fun! One day I'm traveling down South and will get to meet you, too!

Barefoot Dreamer said...

Seriously isn't Queen the best!

Heidi Ashworth said...

Since I have never heard of this bloggist, I must be nobody. And here I thought I was already at rock bottom! Sheez!

Youngblood4ever said...

That looks like so much fun!!!! When are we going to do lunch? I am a snuggie hussy, I can be a blogger-streetwalker too! Hey, I need to learn the trick of the click-it photos. That is just too cool.

Annette Lyon said...

I'm kinda stuck on how cool you are that you know how to make clicky pictures that turn into something else.

roy/elisabeth dean said...

Boooooo!!!!!!!
No one ever comes to Alabama!
What? Don't like grits? Too good for Okra?
At least teach me the click-y pic magic.
♥,Lilly

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Kristina P.--You didn't? i thought it was common knowledge. Sorry April?

NHC-- YES! We must meet up again! i totally agree! any time you stop by!

Queen is definitely worth hanging out with!

QUEEN--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm so glad this post is about you! i send free money your way... all good wishes and through my mind!

And does that mean I'm the Chinese chick in the Charlies Angels??? Fine...FINE!

Barb--YEA!!! Let's do it let's do it!!!

BareFoot... YES SHE IS!!!

She's new on the market... but she's AWESOME Heidi!

Youngblood--HAHA @ snuggie hussy! I need to get me one of those things REALLY! It has boosted Kristina over the popularity charts! We can meet up whenever!!!

YoungBlood and Annette and Lilly-- I can send you the instructions on how to do the click thru!

Lilly--I love Alabama... would love to come out there! Never eaten OKra or grits, but I'll try anything once... wait, that's a lie! :)

Melinda said...

WHAT?! That is NOT Queen! She told me she was old, and she didn't tell me she was so flippin' gorgeous! Loved the pictures, so much fun! I so want to hang out with you guys sometime!

brooken'dus said...

Your so funny! Making friends all over the place!!! I love it!! I'm just lucky that I already know you in the "real world"!!!

Missty said...

Very fun! I haven't met any bloggers really. But have met maybe 20 or so message board friends. So fun!

And your word of the day, Varidextrious - that is what I am, who knew?? lol I am going to blog about it. lol

Shawn said...

Love that last pic---a perfect brunette, blonde and a redhead!

So gorgeous! I am jealous of the red hair---thats what I used to be---but those gray sucka's have got me on the run, so I have to bleach it, baby!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Melinda-- I KNOW... she totally made me think she was a freak! But she's not... she's gorgeous and funny and sarcastic. She's way fun!

Brooke--Speaking of red hair... I need mine done again!

Missty--I always wonder if people are even reading that word of the day!!! message boards??? never tried those!

Shawn--I know... even I was envious of her hair! And April's for that matter! You know April gets to eat TWO mini twix a day!!! Jerk!

So whose next? Whose gonna meet me for lunch?

April said...

THANKS SHELLE!!! Giving away my REAL name! hahahaha!!! I totally didn't know that Kristina didn't know that wasn't my real name...but why would she with all of her minions that follow her! hehehe!

oh..sorry for the pause, I was just finishing up my second twix. :)

And FTR you and Queen ROCK!!! I had a blast! (and so does Homer for equating us with Charlie's Angels!!!)

April said...

So when's the next lunch??? I'm in!

mother goose said...

i'm so jealous! I love queen too! and you too. What a fun story you tell. I soooo should have been there for that lunch!!!! dang it!
wait, you dint invite me. ::pouts:: dangit!

Merrianne said...

ha ha!!! wish i was there! i'd be the ugly duckling!!!!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh, that is soooo awesome!!! That is so so so so awesome! I really want to go to lunch with all three of you guys. Will you be in St. George around July 14-18th or is that when you go to NY?

I LOVE Queen. And I love April. And I Love YOU. You are three of my favorite people. Seriously!

I really really really want to be a princess too.

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad