Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm keeping my Brilliant ideas quiet next time!

We left our kids with their Aunt this week. WE thought it was about time they destroy someone else's house for a change.

In the mean time... I told my husband last week that I wanted to be more ORGANIZED.

I'm not even a LITTLE bit organized... I mean, I am one of those people that live in an organized mess but want to live more organized.  (Don't worry folks it gets worse)

So every once in awhile, usually when my organized older sister comes to hang out with me, I get a spurt of an idea... a sliver of confidence that I can tackle my weaknesses and become a more organized person.

If you wait point 2 seconds it usually goes away.

In which case it did.

Only MountainSport Man seems to feel that it was a GREAT idea and that we would actually FOLLOW through with it while the kids were gone!

I've tried EVERYTHING bar getting nekked and throwing myself at him to distract him, and stop him from going through with this COMPLETELY insane idea I had.

I am now preparing myself for the LAST resort people, mentioned above, because he has been a SLAVE driver!!!

MY GUY: Let's just start with the closet.

Me: How about we eat first, or pick our toe nails, or, or, or...

MY GUY: Just tell me what you want to get rid of and what you want to keep, ok?

Me: Fine... hmmph...

Then he proceeded to do all the work while I said "yea" or "nay" to different articles of clothing.

Me: Yes, I want to keep that.

My Guy: but you haven't worn it in 3 years.

Me: Yea, but now that we have found it under all the other clothes I have the perfect idea of what it will go with!

My Guy: But you didn't even miss it and you have 4 others shirts that look the same just vary in shades of Black.

Me: But they are all different cuts!!! You never know which shirt will got best with which pair of jeans!

It was hard work people. Let me tell you.

Here is just a sneak peak of our shoes we had to sort through...


...just so ya'll know, more than HALF of those are HIS. He's a collector of shoes WORSE than I am!!!

Just saying...

Tomorrow he wants to tackle the armoire!!! EEECCCKKK!

Someone dial 9-1-1!!!


(Okay really, anybody have a good organizing book for dummies laying around?  I know half of it is habits that need to be broken so we'll need like a 7 step program)

Love,


19 comments:

Just Jules said...

no, I suggest the de-robing yourself seriously.... much better idea when the kids are gone. :)

otherwise I would say - take the route you are -one thing at a time....

springrose said...

You know it is hard at first to go thru and dejunk. But once you get started it is kind of addicting! You will sit in a room and wonder what else you can get rid of! Honest, it is an awesome feeling, getting rid of what is hanging you down!! Good luck with the cleaning out!

American in Norway said...

I feel your pain!... I SOOOO need to get rid of half of EVERYTHING.. Good luck. Maybe you will end up nekked anyway.?

Barbaloot said...

I can't stand the word armoire---it's so pretentious!

But have fun organizing:) Good luck keeping the things you want.

Cameron said...

Mix the two together...sex while organizing. I bet it can be done.

T said...

I have two organizing books... somewhere in that pile of books gathering dust under my bed...

This is too familiar - I'm not very good at purging - and my man ALSO has more shoes than me (well, weight wise at least...) since he has to have 3 pairs of hiking boots, the biking shoes, the camping shoes, the mowing the lawn shoes...

Kristina P. said...

I do have a lot of clothes and shoes and things. But, my husband has just as much and he never gets rids of things! I at least go through my closet every few months.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Jules--I know I know... I'm not going to say I did it, but I'm not going to say I didn't do it! :)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Springrose... I WISH it became addicting for me... I REALLY REALLY DO! If it's anything like keeping a diet change, I'm in trouble!

American in Norway--please read above comment.

Barb-LOL @ pretentious!!! I know, I need the luck... pray for me k?

Cameron- let's just say... it may take a bit longer, but it can be done!

T--WE need to set our men up on a BLIND date! hehe

Kristina P--My problem is I forget what I have... so it gets pushed to the back, then when I go through stuff I'm like "hey, that would look GREAT with this!"

See my dilemma!

Homer and Queen said...

Shoulda got nekked...

Lara said...

All I can say is good luck. I am not an organized person. I have high hopes for myself, but they fizzle out far too quickly. I will pray that your hubby decides to give up on you. Unless you really DO want to get organized, and then I'll pray for your heart to be softened. :P

Melinda said...

I have a hard time purging too, well I don't have a hard time getting rid of stuff, just actually DOING it. :) Good luck!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Queen--read comment I gave to Jules ;)

Lara--LOL@ heart being softened... I DO want to be organized, I just want someone ELSE to do it for me, and tell me how it's going to be!!!

Melinda--I feel ya girl... I feel ya!

Sher said...

I don't see what the big deal is. What's wrong with having a pile of clothes or shoes in your closet? you should see mine!
Unfortunately, for me, being the least organize person on the planet, I am married to the poster child for OCD. There is a visible difference from his side of the closet to mine. Order vs. Chaos.
It's really, really annoying to me that he has to have all of his shirts facing the same way, that it's color coordinated, that he has to shower every day, that he always smells good.
I wonder if my constant mess and stank annoys him. Eh, probably not.

brooken'dus said...

ARGG organizing.....who needs it?!?!

zelzee said...

When I was purging at my home, someone told me to ask about each item:
"Do you love it?
Do you need it?
Does it make you money?"
If you can't answer yes to one of those question......out with it!

I think "someone" is nuts...I needed EVERYTHING.

Wendy said...

Why, why, why would anyone want to be organized? Don't they like the thrill of the hunt when they're looking for something? It's just wrong, I tell you.

Daddy Geek Boy said...

I am a pack rat fo' sho'. But I'm an organized pack rat.

As for thinning out your stuff, remember that it only hurts to get rid of stuff for a second. You will forget about it in a few hours.

Good luck.

binks said...

I think I posted a photo of the wreck that is my closet once. I just thank my lucky stars that I don't have to share with Salty. Otherwise, I would be in BIG trouble.
My problem? Having 3 sets of clothes.... Fat, Fatter and Fattest. I DID finally get rid of the MID-SIZE version after not fitting in them for more than 10 years. But only because they were out of style. ;)

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad