Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pink IS a guy color!

I spent the weekend with my husbands family.

They came down for a family reunion.

We spent time at the lake and at the Condo pool.


When you lather yourself with sunscreen, then spend the WHOLE day out in the sun, you feel invincible...as you silently smirk at those that felt sunscreen was for wusses and you start seeing the signs of 3rd degree burns splotching their skin... then you get home and realize you missed some spots... oops, OUCH, and I HATE that.

It was a great weekend other than I couldn't sit down on my burned "missed spots" rear.

We only had one little mishap.

DCar and Peeps slept over at the CONDO with everyone while MountainSport Man and I went home to our comfortable bed.

The next day when we went to pick DCar up he was already out at the Condo pool. So we headed over there, sat and chit chatted with family, and read some Reader's Digest material.

I finally yelled at DCar to get out of the pool or he would soon grow gills. I had his flip flops ready for him to put on... so you can understand when I yelled, "
DCAR!!! What the WHAT? WHO did that?"



His Aunt had painted his toe nails...PINK! (it's sad that he has prettier feet then me)

ME: I don't mind that you painted your toe nails bub, just next time, dude, pick like BLUE or something!?!


DCAR: Why?

ME: Cause it's a guy color and it balances the fact that you are painting your toe nails in the first place.

DCAR: Pink is a guy color too since I'm wearing it... DUH!


Who was I to argue with that?

Cool thing about my boy, and if you knew him you would know this to be true, he TRULY doesn't care what people think about him. He feels that if he's sportin it... it's cool!

Get's that from is Fa-JA (father).
;)

Love,

26 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Oh my stink! I thought it was going to be that you sun burnt the tops of your feet!
I have painted Connor's nails before....but they were green!
I heart DCAR even more now!

Just Jules said...

Seriously good stuff.....

thecheekofgod said...

For the record, I'm a dude, and I carry a pink BlackBerry. Without a cover . . .

That's how I roll! I tell everyone I'm man enough to carry a pink phone . . .

Annette Lyon said...

This kid will go far in life with that attitude!

Barbaloot said...

Good for him for that attitude. I still don't think boys should wear pink...but I can respect him for doing what he wants:)

T said...

good attitude.

I'm okay with pink being a guy color... it's not a ME color, so someone's gotta wear it right :)

T said...

and you were at the Lake this weekend? we spent most of Saturday at Sand Hollow Reservoir but got tired of being pelted by the sand and finally decided to hang up the Wave Runners and call it a day!

♥georgie♥ said...

LOL..I am sorry shelle that is hysterical and I can laugh b/c middle bean has done that before only it was purple...good times good times

clan of the cave hair said...

I have a feeling that boy and his personality are a force to be reckoned with. Kind of a proud moment I would think.

Kristina P. said...

He is very confident!

Dr Zibbs said...

Good thing you copyrighted that because I was going to steal that photo.

Not really but...

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

That is great. Love it. I also hate the fact that you always miss some place with the sunscreen.

Malea said...

I used to paint my husband and kid's feet when they were asleep. It gives me my kicks and giggles and helps with not having a girl.

Annie said...

Pink is the shade for summer...... :)

Marla said...

i love when boys are so secure in themselves!

This Mom said...

My boys LOVE to have their toes painted. Sometimes they pick "boy" colors and sometime not. And my oldest is almost 11. I love that they like what they like and that they are secure enough to choose.

Melinda said...

I LOVE HIM, I LOVE HIM AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!!! hahahahaha Again, that kid just kills me, he is so dang cute!!

By the way, I painted my husbands toenails a couple weeks ago, because HE ASKED ME TO, but they were turquiose. :)

Youngblood4ever said...

Isn't that just cute? That is the way to be- just don't care. Oh, did you ever find out if the idea was DCar's or his aunt's? I think I'd be having a talk with the aunt...

ukyankoz said...

That's fantastic - go DCar! You're awesome!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Cheek of God-- I need proof of this pink blackberry!!! Cause I just can't believe it! That is really funny, and cool... LOL! And we don't judge over here at BlokTHoughts... just saying! :)

T--We were at the Lake on Friday!

Barb--wait, so a guy wearing a hot pink polo shirt, is tan, tall, dark and handsome and you STILL think he shouldn't wear it??? Strange strange! :)

Georgie--it WAS funny, and purple wasn't available or I'm sure it would have been his next choice? lol

Clan of Cave Hair... that boy always makes me proud!

Dr. Zibbs--if you need it for your gain then of course YOU can use it... its just copyrighted for all the NON famous people that want to use it! :)

NHC--I know, I'm still paying for it.

Malea--HAHAHAHAHA!!! My husband is to light of a sleeper for that, I would do it to my boy, but as you can see, he would actually enjoy it! lol!

Annie--apparently that is what my boy thinks.

Marla and This Mom--I agree, I'm so happy that he is secure enough to wear it. I hope that confidence stays with him always!

Melinda-- Counseling maybe? For your hubs? Lol, I kid, that is funny!

YoungBlood--it was DCar's all the girls were doing it and he wanted in on the action!

brooken'dus said...

I love this! :) He does have quite nice feet I have to say!

Devri said...

very brave boy! lol

Schmoochiepoo said...

Pink is the new black you know.
All the cool boys are painting their tonails pink.

He is going to get beat up if his friends see that!

I remember painting my brothers fingernails bright hooker red when he was about 8 or so and sent him off to school. He got bullied, I got a spanking. It was so worth it.

April said...

LOVE HIM! I have one just like him! I have learned a lot!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Brooke--I KNOW where does he get them???

Devri--lol he's just confident... okay and slightly brave :)

Smoochipoo-LOL at your story. A girl of my ilk, I lOVE it!

April--He's a lot of fun to be around!

Daddy Geek Boy said...

I want to apply that logic to everything.

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad