Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Polls and Fortune Cookies

Okay...so I like to change things up if you couldn't tell!!!

So not ONLY do you get to go and vote for who will RUN this country today! You also get to vote for something JUST as important!

Who will win the FIRST week in NOVEMBER of my Don't You Hate It When contest!

I know, LUCKY YOU!

So if you make a comment...please vote(over there on my sidebar)...even if you vote like you do at THE POLLS today...you know who you are going to vote for, for President...other than that, the rest of voting is a little in the gray area! :)

Voting ends today at MIDNIGHT MST!!! So click your little heart away! You can vote for more than one person...but try and vote for them ONLY once! :) Easy enough right?

If you forgot who posted what...or WHAT the posted about...click here!

Winner will be announced TOMORROW!!!

Moving right along to bigger and yet better things!

I want you to know that I live my life according to the Fortune Cookies I get. I go to only the most Exclusive Chinese Restaurants...partake of the over-the-top-religious-heaven-like-meal and then when it is time to choose the all important Fortune Cookie...I wave my head over the Fortune Cookie Aura's and I am drawn to the one that BEST defines me.

It's Fail Proof...and my life is deeper and more enriched because of it.

For instance, I always had a gut understanding of how people perceive me...I know people stare...I am an anomaly...but a couple of days ago, after going to the Exclusive Restaurant, Panda Express, my Fortune Cookie solidified my gut feeling:


I can only take that as Doctrine!

I'm just saying...if you can't live your life by the great guidance of the FORTUNE COOKIE...how ARE you to live your life? I don't even want to know.

Also...my son, I have found out, is somewhat of a psychic. He was asked to write what he would like to be when he grows up and then draw a picture of it. This is what he sees in his future...

That says, "When I grow up I want to be a SmootheMan". At first I thought he meant...like a smooth man...like Mr. L Suave...but he rectified my misunderstanding and said, "I am going to be a Smoothie Maker!"

Who am I to argue?

So what have your FORTUNE COOKIES predicted in your future?

Love,

Shelle

15 comments:

Megan said...

I know you blurk on my blog... so you know that fortune cookies have been VERY good to us this year! Thanks for the LOLs! :)

Kritta22 said...

I adore you but I don't think I count as many. Not today anyway! :)
I got one fortune cookie that said "You need more money to sustain yourself." LOL Isn't that the truth!?

Nan said...

Oh, how cute that "smoothe man" is.

I'm not playing this month Shelle, so you need to remove my name from the voting poll. OK?

beeeeeeeee said...

I got a fortune cookie once that told me I would be married in a year. And I was.

Smoothie Man - we need more of them in the world.

Kristina P. said...

Did you know you can buy personalized fortune cookies? I'm fancy like that.

Aubrey said...

LOL
I thought the same thing when I read that on his picture. I was all, "oooh, must want to be like his daddy!". But hey! Smoothie maker?! Better!

Tiff said...

Hey, we all need a smoothie maker, don't you think? Lucky you to have your own personal one living right there with you!

Barbaloot said...

I have a serious issue with the fortune cookie company---don't know if you've been my blogging friend long enough to know that, but I have posts dedicated to my frustration. Basically, fortunes and I do NOT get along.

However, there's a Chinese restaurant (and the name's escaping me right now...Pei Wei, maybe?)-Anyway-they have a whole basket of cookies to choose from by their drinks. Last time I went-I totally took five cookies. That's how I roll.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

OMgosh, I'm in second place. We really are twins! It's uncanny.

I am a total believer in the fortune cookie doctrine too. Especially if you add (in bed) to the end. If you add that to yours however . . . hmmmm.

Your son is soooo cute. I love those treasures!

VoTe for ME everyone!

Shannon said...

Shazam! I thought I had missed voting on yesterday's entries! Going to check them out...

Alyson (New England Living) said...

I love the idea of waving your hand over the cookies to sense the aura. I must try next time!

How did your son get such lofty ambitions?

Jen said...

Thanks. Now I'm craving heavenly Chinese food chased by a big old smoothie.

I think this is a first.

And I'm feeling guilty about those starving children in New Guinea.

And little boys are hilarious! He must think running a blender looks pretty darn cool!

Motherboard said...

I want to be a smoothie maker when I grow up too.

Natalie Sue said...

Oooo..I'm happy to know that we will have a professional smoothie maker in the family. I am very excited!
I love fortune cookies too. But my last one said something like: A distant relationship will soon blossom.lol.

binks said...

I think my last fortune cookie said something about meeting someone new.
Totally came true.
A hip-hop smoothie maker - I think you could start a chain.

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad