Thursday, November 13, 2008

Half-Taught Dr. Shelle

First of all can I just say...for those of you who UNLOADED yesterday...you are INCREDIBLE! Whether you were anonymous or not...just thanks for giving me something interesting, funny, and thought provoking to read.

What I would really like to do is analyze about your comments. I went to school to eventually end up being a Marriage and Family Counselor. I met MountainSport Man and even though I finished my Bachelor's, I never went on to finish my Masters. Anybody who knows about that degree would know you HAVE to have a Masters to get a job anywhere in that field of study.

But I still love playing the part. Ninety percent of the reason I went into that field is because growing up I LOVED for people to unload on me and then try to mull over the problem in my head to see if I could figure things out and maybe help them a bit.

The problem with people is that they are ALL different...so what works for one, DEFINITELY doesn't work for another. And there are SO many theories out there you could go ANY direction and still not solve a thing...yet I LOVED learning about EACH theory, I LOVE talking with people, and I LOVED helping when I actually could. It was such a natural HIGH!

Eventually, I would still like to finish my Master's Degree...until then, I just like to play the role among friends and family...and get this, people ACTUALLY talk to me...and even listen sometimes. What a rub of the ego heh?

Unfortunately some of those comments were directed at ME...like my blog layout is confusing. I KNOW I KNOW...please HELP me! I WANT to make it pretty and better and less confusing but I'm totally at a crossroads. I'm in the process of making it into it's own website (months down the road) and so I just leave it, hoping that some blog fairy will sweep along and magically make it into the most BEAUTIFUL and non-confusing blog on the block! If I had money...someone would be one blog remodel richer. Alas, I am not rich...and the economy tells me I need to save whatever green, nickel, and zinc/copper I have. STUPID ECONOMY!!! (Which is why I have ADS on my blog...sorry person that hates ads on peoples blogs...but it's really nice to get that check in the mail...it just is...DANG IT ALL!!!)

Luckily, I know what I want to do with the Don't You Hate It When contests! And so that I don't bore those people who don't want it around anymore...I will post what the changes are on Monday...I think it will go a lot better...so THANK YOU FOR YOUR IDEAS!!!

So I feel that the Secret Box was great for ME...learned a lot about secrets...some dirty, disgusting, and down right wrong. Luckily no one REALLY admitted to picking their boogers and then EATING them *gag, choke, wet-heave, spit*...I would have spit in their general direction with the throw up that would have been in my mouth! But I'm not judging--total nautral body reaction...can't be helped...can't be avoided!

And for those of you that WEREN'T ANONYMOUS...you are ALL comment whores and should go over straight away to Kristina P.'s (she's had a make-over, she looks great, her blog layout isn't confusing!) site and pick up a comment whore button. But I get you...because I'm all about attention and spotlight! So go grab a button...you are what you are!

So ALL I'm saying is that if you want me to be your personal therapist...I'm here for you! I may laugh at your problems...maybe even spit at you...but I'll listen. And just to make this clear so as not to get sued since proclaiming to be a half-taught therapist...

I am not discriminating by laughing nor by spitting...I do it about my OWN problems...so who are YOU to assume that you should be treated any differently...

Just wanted to get that out there so there was no confusion.

Love,

Dr. Shelle

So any takers?

15 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, thank you for the shout out!

Someone has offered to do the three column layout on my blog, but truthfully, this is why I haven't done it. Sometimes, it's sort of overload!

Momma Trish said...

I have a 3-column layout on my blog, and I really like it. I don't find it confusing. Of course, I don't find yours confusing either. So maybe mine is confusing ... who can tell ...

Just read your post and comments from yesterday. The idea reminds me of the LJ Confessional. I wonder if that thing is still running. It got pretty depressing, as I recall. But one post on it from time to time doesn't hurt anything. I did get a kick out of the person who doesn't like ads on blogs but is jealous of blogs like dooce where the bloggers make money by writing. THE MONEY COMES FROM THE ADS! Hilarious!

Also wanted to say I like the Don't You Hate It When contest. I just can never think of anything good at the time. But it's fun to read other peoples' posts!

mrsb said...

You have ads on your blog? Shoot, I never noticed.

I like the 3 columns. Of course, I have the same on mine, and don't find yours OR mine confusing. I can only speak for myself, however.

I like to think of myself as BRAVE, not a comment whore for not posting anonymously, lol.

Barbaloot said...

I was considering getting my Master's in Family Counseling recently...but it's not gonna pan out for now. Glad we're similar though:)

I'm curious to see what your contest changes are...

Kritta22 said...

Therapist me way, girlfriend! We can laugh and cry all the time! I looked up on the internet how far away it is to your house from my maybe new house...14 hours. Maybe we could meet in the middle or something!
What do you mean you are making your blog into it's own site?
Umm...this may ruin your Christmas present...you need to answer my question fast.

Mother Goose said...

funny, i'm a comment whore you called me out! I know!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Can I just say you are probably the cutest cutest cutest, kindest, sweetest, funniest, most talented girl in the entire world. And now you're a therapist toooooo! Amazing.

I think someone should make a cutest cutest cutest kindest sweetest funniest wisest most supportive blogger award and give it to Y.O.U.!

Soooo lucky I'm your twin!

And I come here for your cute sweet funny wisdom and amazing photos, not the ads, sorry. I'm not a fair-ad friend.

Miss Pickle {Merrianne} said...

Dr. Shelle!
sounds kinky!!!

Annie Valentine said...

I can't even figure out how to do a blog list correctly. I also can't load photos onto my side bar.

Yes, I'm a computer geek, but not the good kind.

Aubrey said...

LOL
Think it's safe to have a Dr. as crazy as its patient? Yeah. That's what I thought!

Rance Wright said...

Rachelle you crack me up!

Love you!

Barbaloot said...

PS-please don't think I'm copying you with the similar-ish posts. I promise the one I'm about to post on my blog was written out before I read this!

devri said...

3 colum is not for me, but I like it for others. I need a therapist, I will pay you with kids, deal?

binks said...

Who cares what those other freakazoids say about your blog. You still have us and we love you just as you are.

Any insight on the lip piercing thing? What is a mother to do???

Alyson (New England Living) said...

I don't find your layout confusing. I like your vibe over here.

Seriously, Dr. Shelle, if you lived closer I'd take you up on your offer. I'd have a weekly, standing appointment with you because, boy, do I have some whoppers!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad