Friday, November 7, 2008

Meeting BBFF's...F X 4

For my F X 4 I had to put up the picture of the VERY first BLOGGER I have met in REAL LIFE!!!

So Binks in her Twitter told me her and her husband were flying off to Vegas for a business trip of some kind...WHO CARES ABOUT THE DETAILS...I live somewhat near Vegas...at least withing driving distance so I told her that!

We then planned a time to meet and get together for dinner before they had to jet out again!

I've read her for so long I felt like I had already known her forever...so I wasn't nervous to meet her as much as I was extremely excited! It was the same feeling I get when I go and visit my Old Neighbors from where I use to live.

MountainSport Man came with me and Binks was exactly how I pictured her to be! She was funny and sweet and totally charming...

Unfortunately I was a complete mess! Half of it I blame on getting up way early in the morning...half of it was pure me...but she laughed at my jokes and that's all that counts. I mixed Calamari up with Escargot...and then the dish that was the compliment of the cook was Green Beans doused with this delicious garlic and seedy dressing with some kind of nut...but even though I heard the server mention it was Green Beans I called is Asparagus...so just so you know, so that you don't do what I did and say, "I may not know my squid or snail but I know my vegetables...this is Asparagus"...Green Beans boiled and shriveled up, look ALOT like Asparagus! All my husband had to say to that was, "She's a lot of fun to have around!" Thanks hun...way to have my back.

I also got to meet her sister Barbs...who was a ball of fun...lol...even if she did need to have her feelings validated over food...I get her, I get that! :)

So even though the picture has me tweaking my chin around...looking like the half brained person I was that night...we had a good time!

Binks is an incredible person! Thanks for EVERYTHING...I totally OWE YOU...and I can't wait to get together again! :)

How about you guys? Who have you met in the BLOG WORLD?

Go over to Candid Carrie's site to play F X 4...and BTW I talked to her on the phone in REAL life...she says she doesn't have an accent...but she totally does!!! :)

Love

Shelle

P.S. Binks...I want all your pictures because I only got to snap this one off before my battery died on my camera! :)

26 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I haven't met anyone that I didn't already know in the blogging world. I'm so jealous that you met binks. I'm jealous that you got to meet someone from the blog world.
When did you guys meet?

Alyson (New England Living) said...

That's so cool! I'm meeting Kelly from Beeswax later this month. She's treating me to a Broadway show! We're seeing Spamalot. Can't wait!

Susie said...

I love it when bloggers meet up!! Sooooo fun:-)

Dave/Rilla said...

Great so sorry that I didn't see the little click here to get the rules by your post. I'll work on my post and get it in before the end of the month.

georgie said...

AWESOME!!! I love meeting peeps from the blogging world so far I have met jill jill bo bill,dawn from dawns diversions,Jen and 6happyhearts
I look forward to meetin many many more...plus i need you in a couple yrs for senior pics for oldest bean

manic mariah said...

OK, where do you live? I'm in LA and ready to meet some people in real life RIGHT NOW!

Shannon said...

i've just met shelle from blokthoughts. :) we go way back to before she was famous! i tell everyone i knew her when!!

Candid Carrie said...

I kind of sort of met YOU ... if that means talking over the phone ;)

You have got to be your own worst critic, what crooked chin thing. Now I need to find out from Binks if your eyes are really THAT blue or do you photoshop them to get that color.

And you need to rerun that story for your Monday post ... don't you hate it when the professional photographer doesn't have camera batteries and can't get a photo of a once in a lifetime moment!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

That's BINKS? Holy!! How cool is that. And she has a sister named Barb. Binks and Barb. I like that.

Hey loving your hair and eye photos on your photography blog.

AND ALYSON! YOU'RE gonna LOVE spamalot! It's my favorite!!!!!!

Scary Mommy said...

Awwww- I wanna meet my blog friends!!!! (Just let me get these ten pounds off, color my hair and go shopping first, ok?)

Kristina P. said...

I love meeting bolggy friends. In fact, I just met another one this morning, to get my loot from the giveaway I won!

Funny Farmer said...

Color me Way-Hay jealous about Spamalot! I was just looking up where it's playing -- and it's NOWHERE near me! Whaaaaaaah!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I've totally done Spam-A-LOT in England and you WON'T be disappointed...it's SOOOO FUNNY!!!

I want to come! :)

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

HOw fun is that!! I hope yo meet some of my online friends one day :)

a.men said...

It is fun when you finally get to meet someone in person!

Barbaloot said...

I'm afraid to meet people in real life... I try hard enough on my blog to seem somewhat normal and I'm sure I'd crack under the pressure of real life.

And also-for some reason I always thought you lived in Utah Valley. Huh.

devri said...

I love bloggies!!!

I wish I could meet them all!

Andrea said...

I'm so jealous! Everyone is meeting all their blogging buddies.
So anyone want to go to Europe? Anyone? I have a couple couches and an air mattress! I'll feed you yummy stuff :)

thedailyclick said...

How cool that you got to meet up!

Teri said...

I haven't met any blog friends in person yet. Looks like you had fun!

Found you on Candid Carrie.

Tiff said...

You lucky girls!!! I'm so happy that you got to meet each other and that it went so well.
I haven't met any bloggers in person, but I think I mentioned before that I did have a weekend get together with a bunch of internet friends, it was great!

Motherboard said...

I haven't met any of my bloggies... yet.

You two are total hotties. Wow!

Annie said...

What fun! I'll be in Vegas next month, actually!

binks said...

I love you Shelle! You are totally exactly like I thought you'd be.
And just so everyone knows, those eyes are BLUE,BLUE,BLUE and she is so pretty and skinny and her MSM is soo cute and sweet.
Thanks for doing all the driving! We had a blast!!!

Jen B. said...

That's awesome that you were able to meet Binks! Glad to hear you had a great time!

Shannon said...

Yay for you! Sounds like you had a great time!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad