Sunday, November 2, 2008

Don't You Hate It When--New Month, New Prize!!!

UPDATE: Hey I have decided that I will give you all one day to enter...and one day to vote! How very generous right? Right! So keep your entries going...and tomorrow I'll put a pull up to vote!!! Good LUCK!!!

Don't You Hate It When--

Your kid is TOTALLY cooler than all the rest?

Okay, I had to give a shout out to my boy...because I'm proud as a peacock!

Wait?

Are Peacocks really proud? I mean, who knows for sure? Maybe when they spread their beautiful feathers they are doing it out of cowardice?

Oh well...

My son came home one day and handed me his back pack. I usually go through it and throw away everything I think is junk...keep the cute stuff in his school box...and then give it back to him. Well there was a flyer in his backpack and it was for the Reflections contest with the theme being this year "WOW". This is the conversation we had about it:

Me: "DCar, are you going to enter the Reflections Contest?" at this point I don't really CARE if he enters...I never did because I was too afraid of failure, but he didn't know that, and I wanted him to decide for himself.

DCar: "Ummmm..." as he's watching T.V. "No, it's too hard!"

Me: oh no he didn't..."What do you mean it's too hard?"

DCar: "It's just to hard. I don't know what to do."

Me: "So you are telling me that you aren't going to even TRY because you ASSUME it's too hard. How do you know it's too hard without even giving it a chance? When you couldn't get Guitar Hero at first, did you give up? Or not even play in the first place because you thought it was TOO HARD?" I ground out, while huffing and puffing...my mind in a frenzy because I'm afraid my son is going to be just like me, and talk himself out of things before he even gives himself a chance! ( I know I'm a dead ringer for the Motivational speech writer that wrote Brave Heart's final battle scene!)

DCar: Rolls his eyes..."Okay, fine...I'll try it! But I'm not doing it if it's too hard after that!"




That's right. The kid and I threw around ideas and came up with him doing some kind of photography. He took a pic of himself in the mirror with his Dad doing WOW with his hands. Then we got on photoshop and I helped him mess around with Actions and Erasure's. He made all final decisions on the look of the photo himself. I thought we would just enter it and that would be that...and chalk it up to another teaching lesson!

And then we go to the Reflections evening to find out the winners and him and one other kid are moving on to the REGIONALS!!! Crazy huh!

Can you tell he's totally embarrassed of me taking his photo right here?

Here's the actual photo...not bad right? So I'm proud as a PEACOCK!!! And that's pretty PROUD! Would it be wrong of me to make a necklace out of the photo and walk around with it on my neck at work with the words written on it, "My son is a WINNER!!!"

Yea, you're right...that's tacky!

I'll just wear it on my back and when people say something about it I'll just look shocked and say, "My son...that little trickster must have taped that to my back...he was so excited to WIN the CONTEST!!!"

You ready to play today?

This month's prize is SO awesome I wish I actually could enter...but I won't...because I would totally rig it to make me win.

So my friend over at Protect and Provide:
Creative Blog Designs

Is going to make a QUILT for the winner!!! She is amazing and quilts all of the time...but also makes purses and aprons and TONZ of other things. I'm going to pay her to make me one...but one of YOU lucky players will get one for FREE!!! Seriously...if that isn't enough to make you enter...the LUCKY winner will also get a $25.00 total Amazon card donated $20.00 by an Anonymous player and $5.00 from Georgie over at Decisionally Challenged! Thank you THANK YOU contributors (Always accepting more donations!)...I'm so lucky to have such great people around me in this blog world I've created for myself! :) I also may add more to the prize...I have some prizes that I'm not sure if I want to give away this month or next...so the PRIZE PACKAGE could grow!

Okay here is what you need to know:

1. Don't you hate it when is the theme. Your post must TRY to be humorous or awe inspiring! You can link a picture, personal or not, tell a story, link to a video or post a personal video...whatever...as long as it is attempting to make us Roll On Floor Laughing, or in text form (ROFL)! Click here for examples. Then add your name and the specific post for the contest to the MR. LINKY at the bottom. If you add a video, story, or picture that is NOT yours or originally yours...then you must give credit where credit is due. But you all know that.

2. Please remember to link back to my site so that others can play along with us!!!

3. Keep it clean in a PG-13 kinda way. If there is a post that is inappropriate...in my eyes only...then I will be forced take them off, which I hate to be forced to do anything. And for those that feel they can judge and want to email me that they feel a post might be inappropriate...don't waste your time, because I will ignore it...as long as I am okay with it...sorry, your opinion doesn't matter. But I still love ya! :)

4. Oh and Have Fun...most important rule...you must be able to laugh at your own posts! :)

VOTING-it's easy...After reading those who entered...just scroll down to the VERY bottom of this post...past MR. LINKY...past the P.S. and there should be a link that says "comments" click on that and vote away for your favorite post! "I vote #0 Shelle". If you are ANONYMOUS I ask that you attach your name and email address at the bottom of your comment...or shoot me an email to vote, all of this so that I know you are a REAL person! :) And remember...you can only vote once!


I just ask that you actually go and READ the other posts before you vote...because you seriously will laugh at them...there have been some entries that have literally had me shooting pop out my nose! So embarrassing when I'm in public reading them!!! If November is anything like OCTOBER was...you won't be disappointed!!!

Now link up!

Love Shelle

Other things to read

Blog Archive