Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Co-Worker and the GYM--and CHIEF has a good toilet story!!!

I walk into work early today and sit down at my desk. Usually it's not long until someone wanders over to say, "Hi".

I have favorites though... the ones that make me laugh when I have one eye open and my body feels like lead because it's not quite awake yet.

For instance...

My friend, we will call him LAX, wandered over this morning and said, "I went to the gym yesterday Shelle!"

We had talked about this yesterday, him wanting to get back into going to the gym but saying that he always seems to find other stuff MORE important to occupy his time... like editing pictures,(we have that photography bond). :)

So I turn around and said, "Oh really! Good LAX!!! That is so great! I'm proud of you!"...and sounded exactly like a cheerleader!

Lax says, "Oh don't get too excited... on my way over there I snacked on to Hostess chocolate cupcakes and a bag of Doritos!"

I laughed and laughed and then said, "Well it IS a long drive... that 5 minutes can be excruciating!"

He smiled and said,"So when I got there I didn't feel like doing much... so it wasn't a real productive trip to the gym, baby steps ya know."

I said, "Well at least you got the feel of it... first step is always the hardest! :)"

But the real issue here is, ever since he has mentioned those Hostess CupCakes I can't stop thinking about them! It's pathetic!

On another note... I was actually getting to reading through my Google Reader when all of a sudden all of my blogs I follow disappeared!!! What the CRISS ANGEL??? I panicked and freaked and then just had to get off... But before all that happened...

I found a TOILET STORY friend. You guys this post made me laugh SO HARD! I am eternally bonded to CHIEF now because this story I can relate to!

So from ONE PUBLIC BATHROOM STORY freak to the NEXT... thanks CHIEF for THIS POST!!!

Anybody have a cupcake I can smell? That way no calories and I will still be winning the NO SUGAR challenge I am currently in... :)

Love,




P.S. ZENMOM wrote her first post over at Real World Venus vs. Mars today... it is SOOOOO good you guys, seriously, you need to go check it out!

16 comments:

ZenMom said...

OMG, all three of those bathroom sotries were seriously laugh-out-loud funny! :)

And now I want a cupcake. Damn you.

Kristina P. said...

I need a Ho Ho now.

And several other bloggers have been having Follower issues. Another reason they are of the devil!!

SciFi Dad said...

Upper right of Google Reader: Settings --> Preferences --> at the bottom, make sure "Show followed blogs from Blogger" is checked.

Chief said...

Har-dee-har-har! "Hello?" "hey, can you turn the friggin' phone off while you do the bidness?"

I courtesy flush BTW. Sometimes it even works like one of them fancy pants European toilets that spray your hiney with water.

P.S. Thanks for the plug. I'm lonely and love having friends

Stephanie Faris said...

My blogs disappear sometimes too. I'll follow Kristina P's advice next time it happens.

Barbaloot said...

Do you call him "LAX" or spell it out like the airport? I couldn't figure out how to see it in my head while I read...

Youngblood4ever said...

I hate when I am talking to my sis on Skype and she is eating a cupcake or such. NOT fair. Did you know that you can't taste a cupcake through the internet? I've tried. Just tastes like my computer screen. (not that I have tried)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

ZenMom-- I don't even FEEL bad... I've been dealing with it all day!!!

Kristina--Blogger is all I have, so I consort with the devil, I'm sorry, but HoHo's are made here in H.E.L.L.!

SciFi--Thanks... you are always so helpful... i wish you were around yesterday!

Chief--hahahaha like a European fancy toilet hehehehe!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Stephanie--Blogger is all I know, but Kristina IS a pretty smart girl!

Barbaloot-I just call him LAX on the blog... he has a real name, but I mean LAX as in the airport code but I don't say the whole thing I pronounce it well like LAX and not L.A.X. get it?

Youngblood--Oh yes... I know... I know...

Always Home and Uncool said...

This will get your mind off cupcakes: Suzy Qs.

ZenMom said...

Oh hell and damn. Now I NEED a SuzyQ.

T said...

I was standing in the checkout lane this evening after a L-O-N-G day of training, work, CPR class, and back to school night...

let me just tell you that my loverly children were being less than stellar... and suddenly I saw the lady behind me and all her yummy snacks...

it was a darned good thing that I'd picked the non-candy laden checkout lane... Or I would have given in to the cravings and gotten myself a fistful of PayDay bars...

April said...

We are heading to Powell for 4 days you should see the crap (not the bathroom kind) on our kitchen table! So I figure I will be gaining at least 2 -3 lbs/day. I'm in trouble!

The Blonde Duck said...

Suprisingly, cupcakes and bathrooms go together today...

Cherie said...

Shelle now you have me wanting a cupcake!!

Hey my followers disappeared the other day too but they came back about 24 hours later - Whew!! Hope yours have returned as well.
Don't forget to back up your blog!!

Camilla said...

Hi Shelle, you are amazing and your blogs too. Have a nice week and be happy, 4ever!

See ya..

Camilla - Brazil

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad