Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Typical 3 year old Dance Recital...I LOVE throwing my money away!

Okay...I have a post about what I learned in Canada coming probably later in the day...BUT...I FINALLY figured out how to do video and upload it from my BRAND NEW MAC computer...

So...I had to show you this from December.

It's PeeP's first Dance Recital!

You guys...it's so funny (okay it's probably MORE funny to me because she's MINE...but)...the WHOLE time she just watches everyone because the girl during dance was too occupied looking in the mirror at herself she didn't have TIME to learn a dance...and it shows...

AND She is relishing in the attention the stage brings...she sees her dad filming and shrugs her shoulders like, "Hey...I have KNOW idea what I'm doing here"...and then waves at him and continues to try to follow the dance.

PLUS...her skirt is CLINGING to her Leotard...lol...she is TOTALLY my daughter, poor thing...that stuff ONLY happens to us, I SWEAR!!!

THen at the end...NOBODY remembers what they are suppose to do...so one of the girls brings it upon herself to do her OWN thing...

Oh...it's like watching my money throw itself into a shredder...

Priceless right?


PeePs First Dance Recital from Shelle Blok on Vimeo.

16 comments:

Blogging Mama Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blogging Mama Andrea said...

Ok I deleted my comment, cause I added words, too many extra words (perhaps I should cut back on the coffee?)

Anyway, that was priceless! I loved how one girl didn't want to hold hands. At least they all seemed to have no clue what they were doing.

ukyankoz said...

That was priceless! Well done, PeePs!

John Deere Mom said...

OMG that was hilarious. I don't think any of them knew what the heck they were doing but were depending on one girl to Peep's left to keep them going.

Thanks for posting this. I was considering enrolling Little Miss in dance. You've brought me to my senses!

Kristina P. said...

Haha! This totally takes me back to when I was her age and in a dance class. So funny!

Barbaloot said...

That is priceless!! Makes me wanna have a girl to stick in dance class:)

Kate said...

too funny. again, yet another reason I do not need to enroll my daughter in dance.

agian, she is just 2 though. but thanks for the reminder!

:)

Heather said...

Thanks so much for your visit and kind words :) so glad you like the art!
How funny...my little one is 2 and we do 'mommy and me' and I am dreading the recital...its going to be more 'mommy' than 'me' i think, haha.

PJ - Our life said...

She did goood!! They all knew it until the words stopped. Did her teacher not go in front of the stage to help them?

shannon said...

Shelle--that was so cute!!! What was up with the one girl who didn't want to hold hands?--

I was cracking up through the whole thing--

Glad you got that uploaded!

thedailyclick said...

ADORABLE!!!

tiffany said...

LOL I love it when she just starts doing her own thing to the beat, like she wants to break out into a dance or something. Definitely your daughter, there's no denying it!

merrianne said...

ha ha! i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 dance outfit $100
3 months of dance lessons $200
this video: PRICELESS ♥

roy/elisabeth dean said...

I think she looks like the most talented one there~
You can take that however you see fit!
She is BEAUTIFUL Shelle, and she's having fun, AND you can play this video at her Wedding reception, so it is worth any amount of money!
Have a great day~
♥,Lilly

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

I do notice the looking for the steps. Still cute though.

binks said...

I only wish I looked that cute as I continually forget the steps to our bellydance routine. NOT a pretty (or cute) sight.
**sigh** and trust me, it was NOT because I was looking at myself in the mirror!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad