Thursday, March 19, 2009

10 things I learned IN the Okanagan Valley, Canada--Long post but LOTS of pictures!

10 things I learned in the Okanagan Valley, Canada...

I know most of you come to my blog to educate yourself. So I like to make sure that once in a while I relate to you my knowledge of life...and the things I learn from it.

In this case...Canada.

Get your pens and pencils and paper out because you will want to remember this stuff.

1. I learned that Canadian apples TASTE like American apples. Being my third time in Canada...I was determined to find out which country hosted the better apple...and I'll be darned, they tasted the same. (Except they don't sale the WASHINGTON apples in Canada where I was at, that I LOVE so much from COSTCO, and they are my FAVORITE. But I can't honestly say they are BETTER.)

2. Deer eat in your back yard...and when you go to the park around the corner of your house...carry BEAR spray...just in case you come upon a bear. Bear spray say WHAT?



My BIL and SIL punished asked to take a WALK up this mountain...like a honest to goodness mountain..."Oh it's just a short walk up this hill and you can see the lakes in the Okanagan Valley...our little 4 year old daughter did it...you can do it and you'll LOVE the view"
The ONLY thing they were correct on...I loved the view--next time, I'm renting a scooter to take me up there!





That...OR...I'm kicking my daughter out of the stroller! Heck she's younger, she doesn't need to be pushed like an invalid on a UPMOUNTAIN not UPHILL climb...that should be reserved for MOMMIES!



3. Canadians like to kiss also. Who knew?



4. Red heads are worshiped in Canada. So my little niece is treated like a princess wherever she goes...and my BIL thinks he's KING of the WORLD...not because he's worshiped for being a red head...but because that is JUST HOW MY HUSBANDS FAMILY was raised! Just saying!







5. Ice Skating in Canada on Sunday is like FAMILY HOME EVENING on Monday's in the states. Loved that!!! :) (Okay, that might just be my BIL and SIL trying to appease a certain someone's who are visiting and only have a limited time to visit and wants to try ice skating on a frozen pond...maybe that had a little bit to do with it?)








6. Rated R movies...are NC-17 rated in Canada. Or so my BIL tells me, I have yet to be convinced!!! :)

7. LULU Lemon...is the THING in workout wear in BC Canada. You don't have a LuLu Lemon, you might as well NOT show up to the gym. HOW EMBARRASSING. So I brought the trend to Utah...

I bought a head band.

So THERE...I am IN on the IN before the IN is even HERE! Take THAT! You fashion chauvinists!!!

8. There is a Diet out there for IDIOTS.
HELLO?

I'm an idiot!

So glad I went to Canada to find THAT out!

My BIL looks like he's in high school again..it's funny and I'm jealous! :) My SIL is skinny when she thinks she is fat...so no surprise that she looked great also!



9. Redheads love DCAR. I learned that in America also with his other girl cousin...it's just funny it's the same in Canada! :)



10. In Canada I have a new boyfriend that tells me he loves me...and MountainSport Man...and DCAR...and PeePs...so his love wasn't ONLY for me...but he's got to be the NICEST guy I know. Nead Laup everyone...I love him!!! :) Have a postum on me big guy! ;)



10 1/2: I learned that my husband STILL doesn't know my good picture-taking-side in Canada!



Here's my excuse...I was mid sentence talking to my camera explaining what I was videoing...I can't help my genetics people!!!

Well remember THIS post where I begged you for advice on how to get my STUBBORN husband to cut is hair? Well I set an appointment for me to get a color...needed a change...and set an appointment up for him.



Told him about it the day before...and he said, "I'll see if I show up".

Well HE DID IT guys...and let's just say, I tingled all over just looking at him...aaahhh he's SOOO HOT (to me anyway)!


Long Hair...



Fo-Hawk!!!

I think writing stuff on my blog to get my husband to do things I otherwise would have to drag him to do, is working...it's like MAGIC!

Love ya babe...you seriously look SOOOO good!

Did YOU learn anything new? :)

Love,

Shelle

Now go and Check out others at Candid Carrie's F X 4!

29 comments:

devri said...

Your hubands hair looks like my little boys hair.. lol

lululemon.. if it will make me skinny, i will try it fo sho!

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

Wow, it's so beautiful up there. Awesome pictures, super cute redheads and hubby looks great! Love the new hair, far more fitting for the husband of Shelle :)

I love your commentary of the pictures, hehe.

Washington apples, that sounds yum! Of course I'm biased having been raised there.

ukyankoz said...

I'm glad you're trip was so educational! And the pics are fantastic...I wanted to be a redhead anyway, but now I really want to be a redhead and move to Canada so I can be worshipped (as I should be anyway, but...)

And I love the hubby's hair - very nice!

tiffany said...

Thanks for telling us all about Canada, feels like I've been there now! hehe All you had to do was say bear spray and that did it for me! GAW!
Hubby's hair looks great, love the second up there, the one of you two together!

Kate said...

WOW! bear spray is news to me too. but the park by your house thing, we have that here too, just not a mountain in my back yard!

The hair looks GREAT! (and yours is nice too. )

I never have and never will aquire a taste for postum. Nate likes it, i think it is the devils' brew.

springrose said...

With the hair cut your hubbys eyes really POP out!! Your cute little Peeps looks so much like him!! Love the hair, yours and his! And love the vacation pics!

Barbaloot said...

Not only do Canadians worship red-heads, but I do too! I'm kind of crazy about your neice's hair.

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

What fun!! Your hubby does look much hotter with that hair cut for sure. You are so beautiful too girl :)

This Mom said...

Wow makes me want to go to Canada, only when it is a little warmer. If I had know the thing about redheads being MADE up there I definately would have traveled up there to get preggers. I really wanted one but with no luck.

And I agree Hubby's new look ROCKS!

Heidi Ashworth said...

LOVE the hair cut! He's too pretty for long hair.

roy/elisabeth dean said...

I had to get an extra blanket just looking at all that snow and ice! That is, until I got to the picture of Mountain Sports Man...warmed up just FINE then, thanks. And, I liked his hair long. What can I say, I'm a child of the 70's!
You??? Do you really have a "bad picture side?"
Your children are seriously cute!
Have a great day~
♥,Lilly

Sher said...

I learned sooo much! My only Canadian experience was just over the border at Niagara falls. We drove over the border, paid too much at a Denny's, mailed a postcard, then drove back.
Loved this post, and love the pics!
Tell you hubs that he looks much better in short hair!

T said...

I waited and waited and waited - but my computer is holding a grudge and won't load your pix... grumble grumble...

I'm going to assume from the other comments that your hubby is now a closely shorn red-haired hottie with popped out eyes...

You were out of town and I've been lazy - but I.O.U. one fancy shmancy birthday cake... and I promise I'll spend more than five minutes on it!

PJ - Our life said...

It looks cold there in Canada. It is 70 degrees here and nice!! Looks like your having a blast though!! Enjoy your trip.

jodi said...

seriously, shelle....this was the greatest post ever!!! ahhh...good times! seriously, utah is going to be so happy you are gracing them with the lulu lemon phenomenon..wear your lulu lemon with pride, shelle!! we miss you guys!!! we're so happy you guys came up!!! you need to make a habit of it!! love you!!!!

lmerie said...

Over from c.c. . . .

What a fun pic log of your trip! Great haircut for your hubs too!

Have a great weekend!

dadshouse said...

Great photos. I miss the snow! Love the ice skating pic, in particular. I like skating with my kids. Of course, they are teens now so they dont' want to skate with me, but a dad can dream.

Erica said...

Love these pics to Canada! It makes me want to go on a vacation..... BAD! And yes, very educational. Not sure how I feel about bear spray or hiking and I'm terrible at ice skating. But it looks like you had so much fun! I swear your kids are gorgeous!

shannon said...

It's beautiful there!

I had to laugh at your comment about Peeps riding in the stroller--(at Halloween, 4 1/2 year old insisted on riding in the jogging stroller...my mom was visiting us and kept saying that she looked like she was handicapped sitting in there because she's so big)

Canadians kiss? AND eat apples?

What's the diet for Idiots all about?

Phew! thank goodness for the haircut! It took a trip to Canada to convince him of his slovenly ways--eh? tee hee--He looks very handsome!

Loralee and the gang... said...

I love your word of the day - it's not a real word? (But what do I know - I live in Ath-ol. Really)
:~D

April said...

I have to disagree about the apples....I like the Canadian apples better...Macintosh. And skating is perfectly fine on Sunday, skating is just like walking only faster. It is second nature up there.

It looks like you had a great time! And hubby's haircut looks great!

wendy said...

yay - LOVED THE PHOTOS. But, hey, me being Canadian and all ---I already knew all that stuff, right?? Glad you had fun. Can't ever have to much bear spray. I keep some right by the bed.

Haynsy said...

A couple of random comments:

Deer eat in the backyards of Washington State, Maine, Idaho, etc., then we shoot them because they also eat your flowers and trees.

They only have three downs in football. They'll have to change that before we let them into the Union and make the whole country a state.

Last, Washington State apples are the best, you just lost your taste buds up there due to the cold.

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I used to be ahead but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere, and it's a tight race now. I would so much appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

Loralee and the gang... said...

PS I knew that 'parcehole' wasn't a word! But 'Athol' really really IS a real place!
:~D

binks said...

You had me at photos.....

Kritta22 said...

Love the faux hawk! Awesomeness!!!

Stodds Crew said...

The picture of you and your better half is hot! You guys look great!!! By the way do not let Sonic (aka Ethen) see the new hair cut! Love ya

Stodds Crew said...

Honestly, Mountain man I hope that your ego hasn't gotten much bigger. Yea the cut is ok, but what you sported on Thanksgiving day will always be my favorite!! Love ya

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad