Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tonsils and Adenoids and some Freaking Out!

Okay...I'm FREAKIN' out here.

I've realized I'm not really that strong of a person when it comes to putting my son down for a surgery.

He's getting his Tonsils out and his Adenoids. They are enlarged, apparently, and it will help is Breathing, sleeping, and all around health. I went to have DCar checked because when he was sleeping at night, if he could sleep, he would snore and his breath would catch and it would be like he was choking for about 5 seconds...

It scared me...

So I asked his Pediatrician...who I think is the greatest around...and he had x-rays done on the kid.

And here we are.

Coming from a family who believed in NOT even getting immunizations, we believed in the Natural system of things...(I think partially that was because we were stinkin' poor...but I could be totally reading into that!)

Ummmmm...I'm freakin out!

I understand it is a basic procedure...in and out, I think it's only an hour and a half total time of being at the hospital. Won't even put a Chink in my normal schedule...

But they still have to put him under...and he still is going into surgery...and I'm a little hypochondriac/paranoid and so we are back to...

Freakin' Out!

So this is the face I will see after the surgery:


Or maybe this one...


Or it could be just me since I heard my son say when he didn't think any one was listening, "this is going to be the BEST day of my life tomorrow! I get to eat all the ice cream I want and I won't even get in trouble!"

At least he's positive about it!

Love

Shelle

P.S. Have any of you had kids go through this? Or have you yourself gone through a similar procedure? What recovery time should I expect? What is the best to feed him while his poor little throat recovers? Any help or suggestions would be awesome! Thanks. I'm going to go suck on my thumb and lay in a fetal position now!

Other things to read

Blog Archive