Thursday, December 4, 2008

My kids and Risky Business

UPDATE FROM YESTERDAY: Okay people...my powers of subliminal messages have shone through...I was able to convince a few and totally have others close to Crash confused about how they felt.

Let me clarify...Crash is a REAL live person...her blog is written by her and solely her. She doesn't Plagiarize and neither does WolfGang, although his feelings on Love or lack thereof made me NOT want to clarify for him...but I have to be equal and fair in all things as long as it pleases me...and this pleases me.

Now...

Read on...

I think it should be mandatory that if you are asked to be in a commercial that you should have at least grown up when the Movie came out...or even been allowed to watch it because of the Rating or when it was even a hit! Ya know? Or had older brother's and sisters that knew about it and told you about it...or....or

I mean...was Corbin Bleu even ALIVE when it came out? The movie "Risky Business"? Was he? What about David Archuletta?

Just saying...

So when I was sitting on the couch yesterday editing photos and my daughter and son yell, "Mom! We want this for Christmas! We want this! Come look!"...PeePs adds, "I want the pink one!"

(Thanks to all advertisers and Marketers who run commercials NON-STOP to my kids so they can fill their pretty little heads with all the stuff they NEED!!! Jimminee Christmas...give a Mom a break! I know, I know...some of you are saying in your Holier than Thou heads, "Well my kids don't even watch T.V."--I praise you and give you Gold Stars on your Heads.)

I mumble and scuffle into the living room only to miss the sacred commercial...oh, but don't worry DCar has mastered the DVR Remote he just went over to that remote and pointed it towards the T.V. and re-wound until we got to the beginning of the commercial and this is what I saw...




K I'm going to admit...I like these commercials...they remind me of my OWN good times andCorbin Bleu looks a tad bit different since High School Musical 1 and 2...but then I haven't seen 3 yet so maybe not too different. His version actually works for me to be honest...yet it's just weird.

But on point of this post is instead of Dolls, Trucks, Lollipops, and Sugar Plums dancing in their heads, they have Corbin Bleu and Nintendo DS's...

WOW...that mother of the year award I have been campaigning for is totally NOT going to like this...I mean think of the horror struck faces on Moms out there all over the world.

I'm ashamed...

I'm going to go drown my sorrows in a Frosty with Fries...thanks for the TIP Kritta!!!

Love,

Shelle

Now go ahead and talk amongst yourselves. Go ahead, I'm not listening. ***Walks away with head down and feet dragging***

16 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have no idea who Corbin Bleu is. I refuse to see the HSM movies. I am a horrible person.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Kristina, try it you'll like it. Just like green eggs and ham.

Actually if you don't want to watch HSM you can watch Jump In, he is in that also.

Beleive it or not, I have not seen the whole movie of Risky Business. I told you I was behind the times.

I have seen enough to know about this though and I like the commercials.

Shelle I agree with you I hate kids watching shows and wanting everything they see.

Barbaloot said...

Huh---I kind of like this version, too. But I really like the one with Michael Phelps and the other athletes. Have you seen it?
And I fully agree on the fact that he should have at least watched a movie with Tom Cruise before he went crazy to be able to be in the movie. And the MI ones don't count cuz he was fast approaching crazy for the 3rd so they're all tainted.

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

I hear ya. I am doing the smallest Christmas this year. I know my kids are gonna freak because last year was nuts but I don't care. I heard Reese Witherspoon say that she only gives her kids 1 or 2 presents at Christmas. She hates the gluttony of it all and actually they can focus and appreciate the minimal presents more. I TOTALLY agree and so I am really paring down this year. If she can do that as a millionaire then I can as a scruff bag :)

McEwens said...

I liked him in both HSM3 and Jump in

Kritta22 said...

Hey, if Reese can do it, you can do it, Emily!

LOL Crash! I do just get all giddy when I hear people are close to my time zone. It's like we are automatically connected or something!!

I haven't lost my mind, Silly Crash! I was talking to you for the most part. I got really good at talking in comments over at Momdot. Some of their contests, it's the person that reaches a certain number. Or random draw and unlimited comments. It was crazy over there and had to take a break.

Kritta22 said...

PS I really wouldn't mind if he came over to dance at my house...yum!!

Oh I totally didn't say that out loud!

Beth said...

thanks for telling me who he is. I have seen HSM 1 and 2 haven't seen 3 I don't want to pay for it. Everytime the commercial comes on I ask my hubby who it is, I figured it was some athlete. I also try to read the fine print. Now I know who it is so I can tune it out. If you are a bad mom I'm the worst of all. We should hang out and let our kids watch TV while we visit. :) seriously we've got to get together. I've lost your number e-mail it to me. bastocking@gmail.com

CJ, the Purple Diva said...

YEAH! I finally caught up on your page! You are so funny! I loved all 10 or 12 or 20 posts I was behind! I love love love all of the pictures! Your kids are so adorable. Love the little dance moves too your son has going on.
Sorry to hear there are people being mean. What is it? I don't get it! I hope I don't ever have the on my page!
I'll try to stay caught up now! It's hard to do it all, you know!
Oh and thanks for the seat belt tip too! I didn't know. Sorry about the seat belt I left for ya!

Megan said...

Frankly I don't want to see anyone in their underwear unless they are under the age of 4 and potty training. I don't care how cute you think your parts are.

I just took a survey on these ads and I rated them poorly. Bad momma, bad, bad. (Just think of David Spade's voice from Emperor's New Groove...)

PJ - Our life said...

I have only seen the one with Heidi Klum in it. But I do like the commerical/music I found myself singing it in my head today and sliding across the kitchen floor air guitaring!! Good Times!

Krissy said...

I didn't watch enough of Risky Business to quote the movie, but knew from all my other useless knowledge that these commercials are from the movie. lol I have NOT seen this one with Corben Bleu in it though, look at him all growed up! LOL The one that really gets me is the one with Michael Phelps and Tony Hawk and Kobe Bryant. And the other dude. Don't know who he is. But I'm not good at Guitar Hero anyway. I tried the DS version at Toys R Us... it's RIDICULOUSLY hard. CRAZY hard the way you have to hold your fingers and such. Yeah, but I'm in my late 20's and even I want a Nintendo DS. lol Nintendo has some seriously mad skills in the marketing department. LOL

Jen said...

I too, have not seen any of the HSM movies. I would have just wondered who the punk trying to do "Risky Business" was.

And I like your add for medical hair restoration. I'll remember it's here if I start premature balding...

Kritta22 said...

Dang I missed the medical hair restoration ad AGAIN!! It's now a live scribe pen...boring!!
Oh you have to check out my blog today...it has a moose or two for you and CJ. I was thinkin of you!
We are now friends on facebook, when you approve me!

Susan said...

Our house lives and breathes around Highschool Musical, I've seen that commercial a hundred times and never til now realized that was grown up Corbin. Holy S_#T! I'm old.

binks said...

Obviously, I have no idea what you are talking about with the whole Crash thing.
As for the Mom of the Year Award, I say you deserve it for just dealing with 2 kids and working.
I have seen none of the HSM movies (yay for me!!!)
and I've never seen that commercial (yay for me again!!!). I seem to remember Mr. Crazy, I mean Cruise, in his tighty-whities for that scene, but I guess these times are a-changing.
And for all you peeps, obviously not from the 80's, go back and watch the whole movie, there is a nice message in the end. Something like, prostitution does not pay.
Hey, it's Guido the killer pimp!
I gotsta go!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad