Monday, December 29, 2008

Don't You Hate It When you feel under-appreciated?

I have been gone, I understand that, but the loyalty astounds me!!! Really! I only lost ONE follower...which I think is kinda optimistic thinking on my part...ONLY ONE...except for that I have obsessed about it for the past few days, (okay maybe just the last few minutes).

Stupid, really...

But it's like a train wreck, I can't stop thinking about it, at least while I write this post, and that says something that is worth saying!

I love knowing that people out there enjoy what I write...I LOVE, LOVE it...just as much as I love people who enjoy my pictures or who enjoy watching something I choreographed...I believe it is the middle child in me who seeks for the praise and the pat-on-the-back or the JOB-WELL-DONE.

From my studies as a family and marriage counselor there are theories as to how a middle child behaves or turns out. One way is that they are shy, reserved, and abhor attention because growing up the attention is bestowed upon their older and younger siblings! They are okay and content with that...and are uncomfortable when thrown OUT of their comfort zone to be in the middle of any crowd or ANY kind of attention.

The other way is that they are ALWAYS seeking ways to get attention from their older and younger siblings, so they are outspoken, sometimes to the point of being obnoxious, in every bodies business, loud, sarcastic, easy to laughter, and very much a people person always striving to be the CENTER of attention.

I believe I fall into the latter category. Along with wanting all the attention, I have found I LOVE people, I love to see their differences, I love to know their stories, I love to gain new bonds and friendships and I virtually HATE to be shunned...

SO...

it seems with this follower thing that I feel shunned in a BLOG sort of way...that I haven't upheld my end of the bargain for that person and they have decided to give up on me...GIVE UP ON ME!

It's not that I haven't been de-followed before...I haven't mentioned it because I'm okay with people not liking my writing and I have usually figured out who de-followed me and realized why they did...usually because they were changing profile's or something like that...

OKAY-ONE person I offended and they wrote me a kind email letting me know that they were de-following me. I like to think they did it so that I would not worry why my follower numbers went down, it helps...(I simply don't know about the others and I love to be ignorant to it, so please don't come out now and tell me about offending you...like I said, I'm more of a like-to-be-kept-in-the-dark about those sorts of things)

Anyway...Can't figure out who de-followed me...I'm not psycho...


(Not my best angle...i can give you that...thought the picture went well with the whole..."I'm not psycho" part of the post...feel free to make your own assumptions however!)

I just want to make sure that if I DID offend them, maybe from my last post about not HELPING people out, that I could talk about them behind their backs and say lots of nasty stuff about them...I mean...apologize. (I hope everyone knows I'm kidding...total sarcasm there, about the talking about them BEHIND their backs, I would like to think I would say it to their face also...)

So on Christmas EVE when I opened my ANNUAL pajamas...let's just say...

I felt a little under-appreciated! :)

Okay, now I feel better about the whole ONE person who de-followed me. Writing about it is like freeing my inner-imprisoned, de-follower hater's SOUL!!! LOL--who winced when they read that!

I did when I wrote it...which is why I'm keeping it on this post...I want people to remember me...ya know?

Love,

Shelle

P.S. Anyone else feel under-appreciated...or more importantly...recently SHUNNED???

Other things to read

Blog Archive