Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I've figured out the WIT behind THE blog

***UPDATE: This story is TOTALLY fictitious for all of you that Googled CTD and found my site. She is a REAL girl...but sometimes her nose grows when she lies! :) Okay I kid...Crash is a real person, just wanted to get that straight!

Well I've figured it out...Crash Test Dummy's site is totally fictitious. Well I know you KNOW that when you read it...because she always enhances the truth for a good laugh...but I've kind of had this feeling that there just was something SNEAKY about it ya know?

She is continually witty...and continually coming up with stuff that boggles the mind.

So this is what it comes down to...and she can correct me if I'm wrong...and Alyson, Old Boat Guy, and the Nutty Hamster Chick can confer, or just humor me if you feel even remotely feel like I do...I think her blog is ONE BIG creative writing assignment. I believe she started it with one of her classes.

Each week she has her students turn in creative writing assignments to post on her blog so THERE is where she gets all of her material...she has a few rules like the paper has to be relate-able to a Mom who is Mormon and happens to be a Professor-who freakishly likes Twilight the movie...

Then she contacted an old friend from college or high school like the Funny Farm and had her PIMP her out and tell how COOL she was so people such as myself would wander over to her blog only to be wrapped into it and feel a part of a group or clique, so to speak...

and then they sit back and see how many people get wrapped up into this blog...

which is really a CLASS blog posing as a Professor of Literature or Creative Writing/Mom blog.

Then not only do I read and laugh at EVERY post...(I could also be witty if I had young fresh minds filling me with witty creative papers...just saying) but we also have full on conversations in her comments section...and so I have, for the first time, started following the comments because I don't want to miss out on the comments/conversation party over at the DUMMY site. Ya know?

I mean she calls me her TWIN...which means I look like a DUMMY, and I'm not sure if I should take offense to that?...

Okay you're right...I'm okay with that because I love the camaraderie and the feeling of being involved in a clique or group, and most people that read her are also very funny writers like Navel Gazing at it's Finest and Seriously So Blessed...and Annie who pathetically is selling really cool Stupid Vampire Shirts...that are not EVEN stupid but way creative!

Then since I'm her twin, I have conversations with some unknown distant cousin Art-n-Sewl that I don't even know about but love her wit. It's like one big happy family at her blog.

Even in Crash's witty posts she also posts about NEW FOLLOWERS so that they can feel included also! She must split the class up into groups...one for posts, one for comments, and one for following up on followers!

Ya know those Word Verifiers that MOST OF US Hate?

Well she has made sort of a joke of it all and she asked us to come up with humorous meanings to what the words mean...so she has a word verifier on her blog...but I look forward to what meaning I can come up with the word it wants me to verify!

So in honor of totally figuring out the wit behind her blog...

and pretty much thanking her for making me somewhat of a student of hers because I am always trying to one up the person before me in her comments...

and making me feel a part of a group/family...

and I invite anyone else (Especially if you are from PROVO) to come join the group and fun!

But in MY comments section...

That's right...

All of that to tell you to feel free to read others comments and have a conversation with them...make jokes...let loose...BE FREE!!!

Love

Shelle

P.S. I think I am going to do a community creative writing class and have people turn in blog posts for me...just so I can keep up with the DUMMY'S!!!

P.P.S. I'm sorry but I just couldn't help it...I LOVE when kids aren't paying attention when I'm poking a camera in their faces!!!



Other things to read

Blog Archive