Friday, December 5, 2008

This Just Isn't Like Her!!!

The coolest thing about shooting families is that with some of them...you truly bond with them.

When I flew out to take these pictures of the family I was picked up by Mom and this cutie pie!


She was a quiet little thing so I didn't even know she was in the car until she giggled. Then I looked back and fell in love with this bundle of smiles and energy!!! She wrapped me around her little finger...and fast!

I told her Mom..."Well she will be an easy subject!!!"



At the first of the Photo Session she was exactly how I predicted. Smiles, energy and fun!!! In this pic she is trying to copy what her sister was doing...it was so cute.

Sometime between this picture...and the picture BELOW...my little subject got to crying and being sad.

Her Mom kept saying, "This isn't like her!"

I could verify from earlier that afternoon, this really wasn't like her! But she couldn't communicate to us what the problem was.



During the photo shoot...as long as her favorite song was on she was half smiling and half giggling. But she just wasn't herself.

After the shoot we were sitting in her living room and as they stripped her down for her pajamas we found out that the poor thing had Cactus in her leg!

It was SO sad. NO wonder!

What gets me...is even though the little one had cactus in her leg...her Mom and Dad and Sisters and Brothers could STILL get her to smile if they sang her favorite song...which I wasn't even familiar with!

So I had to dedicate this Friday Foto Finish Fiesta to the Little Stodd. Thanks for being such a TROOPER!!! Now go join in the fun!!!

Love,

Shelle

19 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

OMGOSH! I'm the first. See I'm not silent! Just uber busy.

I wrote you a note in my box to prove it.

These photos are DIVINE! YOU ARE SO GOOD! I need to take a class from you. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM. And I know what you mean about falling in love with your subjects.

I'm going to call you Davina Blokthoughts from now on. Or Shelle Fear

Kristina P. said...

Oh no! Poor little one. She is adorable.

Outnumbered2to1 said...

The pictures were great. You have a great eye.

Barbaloot said...

LOVING that middle picture:)

binks said...

Super Pix, I expect nothing less from you!
I loved those train pix over at Plush - superb!

Tiff said...

Oh my gosh, that's awful, poor thing!! But look how much her family loves her in that last picture, too sweet. :o)

Heidi Prince said...

a cactus!?! thats sad! i still love the pictures though!

brooken'dus said...

Hey did you do that first pic with photoshop? i want black and white pictures with just one color like red, like that pic........tell me how you did it!

Kritta22 said...

WOW! What a superstar! It just breaks my heart when things like that happen!
Great pictures though

Rance Wright said...

Just laughed a little bit during that whole thing...Rachelle...that was funny...and your funny when you write...Your true voice is totally there! Um...I have had some drama...when is my life not drama...but Brian D'Arcy James of the musical "Shrek" - the guy who plays Shrek...read my blog yesterday morning..and it has been a little bit of craziness...hahaha...you would totally get a kick out of this. Anyway..love you...thanks for chatting with me the other night...it is always a great pleasure to communicate with you...I wish we did it more often. LOVE YOU RACHELLE

TuTu's Bliss said...

Great pics and I loved the story behind it. I love the pic where the whole family is kissing her sad face. What sweet siblings

georgie said...

Shelle you do BEAUTIFUL work!!!

Susan said...

How the hell do you get cactus up your legs??? Great, one more thing to worry about! Great pics by the way!

Kass Martin said...

I love those pictures. So perfect. I love her face while being smothered with kissed. I also love the word Kweird. Aren't there so many reasons for using this word? I think it's my new favorite.

Nan said...

Oh.. how precious.

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

Poor thing...that breaks my heart! Awesome pics though :)

Blogging Mama said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the first and last one.

Smart Helm said...

Cute pictures..

and I don't want to think about cactus's in babys... SO sad..

Jen B. said...

Poor little thing! I can't believe she was smiling for pictures... I would have cried all day!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad