Thursday, December 18, 2008

High Heeled Flip Flops in the SNOW?

***UPDATE: Hey the tally is in...Emily/Sewl is our DECEMBER winner!!! Send me your address via email and I'll get that amazing purse out to you!!! oh and the gift cards! :)

Thanks for playing guys!!! it was tons of fun for me this time! :)


So apparently when I marked on the poll that people could vote for more than one person or many times...it still recognizes you computer address and sometimes doesn't let you vote...so then you have to go in and erase your cookies for it to allow you to vote again on that same address...

Crazy weird!

I know...

But whatever you guys want to do!

It has snowed for the past two days where I live...

To most of you that is not remarkable, but where I live, it is pretty much amazing because it only snows, IF EVER, once maybe twice, and then doesn't stick throughout the day.

School was even canceled because they don't really have the necessary equipment to remove the snow from the ground to make it safe to drive...even though the roads are just slushy, more like a really bad rain storm, and I just chuckle because coming from a place that snowed ALL.THE.TIME and even held the winter Olympics one year...

It's laughable. :)

But people that live here all their lives or have lived here for awhile, and don't get out much (I was once that person and I miss it terribly, terribly) freak out to drive in the snow even if it is just starting to snow...we opt to stay inside, deciding not to BRAVE the hazardous, non stick to the ground snow.

I'll admit I was surprised that the snow stuck to the ground over night...and we probably have like 3 inches deep on our front lawn...

Okay, it's laughable...hahahaha...my kids are stoked though, so we are off to build a snowman...which will melt by end of day today or end of day tomorrow. Such a short life for a brave DESERT snowman or snowgirl, as PeePs is determined it will be.

So let me just send out this letter to the lady I encountered at Walmart:

Dear Lady at Walmart wearing Flip-Flop Heels:

I understand we live in the desert. I understand that sometimes it seems pretty much pointless to buy any sort of toe covered shoe, flip-flops are the easiest and most convenient, when you add the heel you get the add height along with an edge of classy, depending upon the style of shoe (excluding the picture I found on the left off of Google images), yet, it DOES get cold in the winter, and it WAS snowing and sticking pretty good last night.

So I just wanted to blog out my advice to you...when it is snowing and sticking to the ground, yet not freezing outside, it pretty much means its going to be wet, slushy, and slippery for flip-flop heels.

Payless Shoe Source is having its BOGO sale right now, and you can get some pretty comfy, yet stylish, toe covered shoes on sale. I'll buy one, then let you buy another for half off!

I'm a giver that way.

I just don't find it fair to your feet to leave them naked when the rest of you is nice and bundled up? Even your head was covered, you big bushy warm coat, you thick pleated wool pants, but then your feet had only its thong on!

So sad, and somewhat prejudice for your feet.

So take me up on my offer and get those feet covered up for the winter.

Say NO to the thong and YES to the boot for the winter!

Plus it will save you from the humiliating half-slip-half-split I witnessed on your way in.

That's what I'm here for...advice...and, YOUR WELCOME :)

Love,

Shelle

P.S. to all those thong high heeled flip flops winter wearers out there...I love you...but please heed my advice or don't get offended by my harsh true words, because come Spring and Summer that choice of shoe apparel will be in style and there will be no letters forth coming!

Other things to read

Blog Archive