Friday, December 12, 2008

Post Surgery PICS--FX4!!!

I'm so late for Friday Foto Finish Fiesta that I shouldn't have even bothered showing up at all...but I had to, because if I'm a friend...

I'm a loyal one...

plus, what other excuse would I have to post these pics of my boy before and after surgery?


I got to work with the cards I 'm dealt! :)

It was funny though...they were expecting a normal size 6 year old when we showed up for Surgery.

See DCar is TALL and hefty...not fat, but just solid. So we showed up and he was asked to put his gown on...we all started laughing quite a bit.

Of course I have a camera on hand anywhere we go...so I had to show you guys! lol!


I wanted to record that I WAS there...supporting him...and NOT freaking out.

Even though I was...

Freaking Out! I'm a wimp, it's something I have found out in this whole process, and I'm not afraid to say it.

Total.Complete.Wimp!

MSM got in on the picture taking action. I think DCar's face looks exactly how I felt! :)

MountainSport Man was explaining to DCar how to tell us his pain scale.

MSM: "If someone asks you what your Pain Scale is...they want you to give them a number from 1-10. So like, when we were messing around and I tapped you on the arm, what was your pain scale?"

DCar: "A 9 or 10...it hurt really bad!"

ME: "Okay, I think you understand!"

A Post Surgery Pics Post wouldn't be complete without the Post Surgery Pics:

Here he is waking up...I'm sorry, but I laughed when he was trying to wake up...he looked pretty stoned!

Not that I know what that looks like, but I'm thinking pretty close to this!


And this!

Love ya DCar...

This look can break a Momma's Heart!

But that kid is seriously tough because he is doing awesome! And we finally have some soft solids to feed him so his stomach is happy...which always makes for a happy kid! :)

I wanted to publicly thank all of you that gave me advice...I was able to read them while I waited for him to get out of surgery. I know that this surgery was a normal and easy surgery but I was freaking out nonetheless and it was nice to hear that you guys weren't mocking me in front of my blog face...and a lot of you said you felt the same way when your kids went through it! So I honestly LOVE you all!

Thanks

Shelle

P.S. For those of you that got this far in the reading...I need to buy 4 random gift cards that people can use online. What is your FAVORITE place to get a gift card from that you can shop and buy from them ONLINE?

28 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I would have to say Target.

I'm so glad the surgery went well!

Megan said...

Amazon here. :)

Aleisha said...

I am glad it went well and that look on your boys face is heartbreaking!!!

Annette Lyon said...

And my 6-yr-old is really small for her age.

Target would be good, but I'd vote for amazon--you can get anything there.

Barbaloot said...

iTunes is the way to go. Seriously.

And also---I bet DCar is gonna be kinda ticked 10 years from now when you bring those gown pictures out for his girlfriends:)

thedailyclick said...

I'm so glad everything went well and YOU made it through! ;-)

Gift cards... Yankee Candle, Bath & Body Works.. and the already mentioned Target and Amazon.

thedailyclick said...

Hahaha, I just read what it says under "Leave your comment". LOVE IT!

jen721 said...

I would go with Amazon or Target.

Aubrey said...

Awwww! What a cutie, stoned or not. LOL I'm SO glad everything went well!! I knew YOU could do it! I wasn't worried about DCar at all!

Sephora. Has to be my fave online place to shop. Every lady loves a little face bling.

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

Poor little man. I'm so sorry you all had to do that.

Kritta22 said...

How is he feeling today?
I love the stripe underwear...my hubby has the same kind...well used to...now they are white.
I would have to say that Target (cuz they have free shipping) and Amazon cuz you can find awesome deals on there.

Kritta22 said...

Hey you won something on my site....come get it!

Messy Jess said...

Oh, this brings back many memories. My son at age 3 had to have all the plates in his head cut open because they grew together too soon. A 3 hour surgery turned into 5 and it was awful. Glad you made it through!

Mal's Randumb Thoughts said...

I would say Victorias Secret...mwahahaha. But really, I DO shop there quite FREQUENTLY!

Tiff said...

OMG poor DCar, does he know you posted a picture of him in that hideous gown? LOL What a trooper!

I vote for any bookstore that offers gift card, cus I can't keep my nose out of books lol Bath and Body Works and Target are great too!

Marie said...

I'm going to go with Target, Amazon.com, iTunes, and Old Navy.

Momma Trish said...

Aww, poor DCar. But he sure looked cute in his oh-so-very-short hospital gown. Glad he seems to be recovering well.

Krissy said...

LOL The gown is totally cracking me up! LOL He is tall for a 6 year old, I wouldn't have guessed!

As far as gift cards - Target has e-cards, Amazon, iTunes (THE BEST), buy.com or toysrus.com... all of them (not certain about TRU, but I'd venture to guess they do) have the option to send it over email. (but I will say this about the Target e-card... you can't use it physically in the store. So you HAVE to buy something online. Which kinda bites if you REALLY need diapers and stuff you can't buy from Target online. lol But that's just me.... haha)

T said...

okay fine... I won't lurk... I'll vote for Target.

My own 6 yr. old is a shorty, that gown'd be a dress on her... I guess we've got opposite ends of the growth chart! Way to be a trooper through it all!

Melanie J said...

Also an Amazon girl. You can get anything there. Sephora is cool if it's for a girl.

Shannon said...

So did they not find him a bigger gown??!?!?!? Surely that wasn't the biggest they had!!??!?!?

Glad to hear it went well. And when my oldest was waking up from her dental surgery... yeah, I laughed, too. She just looked so funny... stoned, like you said!


As for giftcards... the ones that have already been mentioned are all good! Target, Amazon, Sephora...

This Mom said...

It looks like everything went well. and No more snoring YEAH!!!

I agree either target or amazon.

PJ - Our life said...

I'm glad everything turned out good! I was going to leave you advise because my oldest went through that 2 years ago, but everything I would have sais was said!

Gap or Target!

Mindy said...

Glad you are both doing well (it is just as traumatic for the mom after all)! I also vote for amazon.com.

SO...any chance you can take some pictures this week??? I know, I procrastinate! Here, or if you are available on Tuesday the beach may be an option?? You know my email, or phone :)

This Mom said...

Shelle-

I have posted on my other blog, which is my primary.

But I will get on it right a way.

Shannon
this mom

Jen said...

Waking up stoned is way better than waking up in hysterics - believe me! Looks like he handled it like a little champ. When my oldest had his tonsils out, his voice totally changed into this high, clear little voice - I wonder if that's normal...

binks said...

That gown is too funny.
So glad to hear that DCar is doing well.
Target, ITunes & Amazon are a couple of my faves.

Jen B. said...

Love the pics & so glad the DCar came through surgery so well! That's wonderful news!

I'm all about Amazon!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad