Friday, December 12, 2008

Post Surgery PICS--FX4!!!

I'm so late for Friday Foto Finish Fiesta that I shouldn't have even bothered showing up at all...but I had to, because if I'm a friend...

I'm a loyal one...

plus, what other excuse would I have to post these pics of my boy before and after surgery?


I got to work with the cards I 'm dealt! :)

It was funny though...they were expecting a normal size 6 year old when we showed up for Surgery.

See DCar is TALL and hefty...not fat, but just solid. So we showed up and he was asked to put his gown on...we all started laughing quite a bit.

Of course I have a camera on hand anywhere we go...so I had to show you guys! lol!


I wanted to record that I WAS there...supporting him...and NOT freaking out.

Even though I was...

Freaking Out! I'm a wimp, it's something I have found out in this whole process, and I'm not afraid to say it.

Total.Complete.Wimp!

MSM got in on the picture taking action. I think DCar's face looks exactly how I felt! :)

MountainSport Man was explaining to DCar how to tell us his pain scale.

MSM: "If someone asks you what your Pain Scale is...they want you to give them a number from 1-10. So like, when we were messing around and I tapped you on the arm, what was your pain scale?"

DCar: "A 9 or 10...it hurt really bad!"

ME: "Okay, I think you understand!"

A Post Surgery Pics Post wouldn't be complete without the Post Surgery Pics:

Here he is waking up...I'm sorry, but I laughed when he was trying to wake up...he looked pretty stoned!

Not that I know what that looks like, but I'm thinking pretty close to this!


And this!

Love ya DCar...

This look can break a Momma's Heart!

But that kid is seriously tough because he is doing awesome! And we finally have some soft solids to feed him so his stomach is happy...which always makes for a happy kid! :)

I wanted to publicly thank all of you that gave me advice...I was able to read them while I waited for him to get out of surgery. I know that this surgery was a normal and easy surgery but I was freaking out nonetheless and it was nice to hear that you guys weren't mocking me in front of my blog face...and a lot of you said you felt the same way when your kids went through it! So I honestly LOVE you all!

Thanks

Shelle

P.S. For those of you that got this far in the reading...I need to buy 4 random gift cards that people can use online. What is your FAVORITE place to get a gift card from that you can shop and buy from them ONLINE?

Other things to read

Blog Archive