Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I survived! And I'm Inspired! AND Less naive!

I think when Motherboard asked me to do the pictures for the Casual Blogger Conference I was honored, so I didn't ever think about how HARD it might be... ya know?

I didn't really remember that I am an outdoor photographer, and OF COURSE, the conference is ALL in doors. Yea... so HELLO flash 101. Sorry for those who were over exposed... or under exposed. How embarrassing...

I mean I've done indoor photography, but I usually have my lights and everything set up... but that wasn't going to work in this setting if I'm going to get Candid shots in 4 different locations.

I also was naive (big shocker) enough to think I'd actually have time to sit down and LISTEN to some speakers, or talk with my friends, or socialize and meet new people... ummm, yea, didn't happen so much...

Well, that's a lie, I DID get to hear ALL of Matt Townsend's talk and THANK GOODNESS I did. You all KNOW I love relationships and anything about them and he spoke on relationships with your spouse but ALSO in general. Highlight of my week.

Another highlight... getting chocolates from Tauna, seeing Crash with the Miracle Quilt (Kritta-I found my name on it!!!-you are amazing, the quilt was BEE-U-TIFUL!), seeing Tonya or T., Devri, Annie, Kristina P., Becca dancing, Emi Hill, Vanessa, Cameron Rafati sing (yummy) CHECK OUT HIS BRAND NEW VIDEO, Denae, Quinn, riding around with Sherri and Veronica, Leelou (Julie), Motherboard, And Caroline (MomBabe), Tenille, Meeting FormerlyPhread (who also rocks bass guitar) and so much more (it's 12:30am right now, I can't think of everyone-nor do I have it in me to link to you all! Sorry)

But, I did have SO much fun taking pictures of everything. I met so many incredible people and I am so thankful for that.

I'm slowly getting everything updated on Facebook, and Flickr. So if you aren't following Casual Blogger Conference or ME on Flickr (I'm shelleblok) then do so, if you want to see pics of everything. Well, everything one human could capture!!!

I hope I did enough so all you LOSERS could catch up and feel like you were there ;)

I'm not witty right now or funny. I'm just letting you know I survived... I'm inspired... and I love ya.

Love,



P.S.-- Go see what Real World has today. I know it involves animals...

21 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

Isn't calling non-attendees "LOSERS" a lot like when the math club kids called non-members "losers"?

T said...

still recovering here... and trying to figure out how exactly to apply all that I learned without going nutso caboodles :)

Kristina P. said...

I don't know how you did it. You did such an amazing job. And the pictures turned out great. Bravo, my friend.

Garden of Egan said...

The pictures have all been so great!
I looked for you to say goodbye! You were probably off doing a photoshoot of Madonna or Richard Gere or something. YOU ARE SO FAMOUS.

Matt Townsend was HILARIOUS! I think there is going to be some serious fodder for the Men and Venus board. HOLY PAP SMEAR!

I miss yer guts.
You are darling!

~j. said...

You did an amazing job. And you're so beautiful. It was great to see you, THANK YOU for being there!

Devri said...

You rocked it girl! Fabuloso job! I was totally bummed I didn't get to par-tay wit you, next time,... next time.. Your gorgeous!

DCHY said...

I enjoyed the tour on Flickr. Thanks!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

YAY for you! It was so fun to see you again. I always feel like I'm seeing a long lost friend. I'm going to go check out the photos.

CaJoh said...

Sometimes wish you could clone yourself and have the photographer half of yourself take those photos, and the blogger half of yourself actually attend the conference. Sounds like you had a great time.

Welcome back!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

SciFi Dad-- and? :)

T-No doubt!!!

Kristina-thanks! I'm sad I didn't get your whole snuggie!!!

Tauna- he was awesome! I'm definitely going to incorporate some of his ideas into posts! I miss you also! The chocolates were soooooo very yummy!

J- you are definitely one of my favorites I had the pleasure of meeting!
Devri-screw next time! We are going to lunch!

DCHY- it was a blast!

CTD-ah girl. You are like coming home for sure! Love ya!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Cajoh--so true! Thanks, good to be back!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Hello? May I timidly step into your blog and say how much fun I had at the CBC. And meeting you. You're such a crack-up! And your pictures were great!

One Cluttered Brain said...

You did a fabu JOB!!! You get an award for the FASTEST upload on FAcebook for sure!!!
Give yourself a pat on the back, Shelle, you did a FANTASTIC JOB!!!

I hope they will think of you in conferences to come! :)

MomBabe said...

I didn't hear anything either. Except for the one panel I was on and TRUST ME, I wish I was somewhere else.

I didn't get to eat or sleep either.

Emily said...

You rocked the camera! Oh, and why didn't I get a "yummy" by my name? ;)

April said...

Ahem......this loser did nothing but wish she were there being photographed (even if it was by a photographer who didn't have enough "flash"), eating chocolates (k, thanks T, I get to do that) and listening to AWESOME speakers. So thanks for reminding me. I feel like I have just returned to HS. =)

HunDuddle Hussy said...

hey hottie mctrottie. u did a FABULOUS job on the pictures, i think they're all so lovely. especially the ones that have ME in them and my sexified hair. see, it pays. *wink*

okay so i wanna use some of your photos you took on ur flickr site but i wanna ask permission first. please let me know if that's ok. and i'll for sure link u up and give u props. would u like to be linked to THIS blog or ur flickr site? u tell me dear.

soooo fun meeting you. ur GORGEOUS and ur family is ADORABLE!

Sher said...

You did an awesome job with the pics (I'm borrow some for my blog, I hope you don't mind).
I'm glad you had time to have dinner with us, it was great to spend some time with you.

Love ya!!

annie valentine said...

It would have been even better if you could have eaten. I can't find your email and I want to visit about that post of mine we were discussing. Is that coded enough?

Annette Lyon said...

You did a fan-flipping-tastic job! It was so GREAT to finally meet you in person!

Melissa Bastow said...

I think the pictures are super fabulous!!!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad