Thursday, June 24, 2010

I should be packing...

I'm going to Evo 10

So I'm heading off to another blog conference. This one is in Park City-EVO Conference 2010 and I can't wait!!! Park City is so beautiful but to meet more of my online friends is the best part!

I am also taking pictures for this conference, I'm not the only one, just one of the photographers for the event... so if you are going then make sure to smile when I stick the camera in your face!

I also made my own Business Cards, because at the Casual Blogger's Conference I didn't have any and people were asking for them left and right... so to appease the masses or because I want to feel important I gave in and did some, and let's say they are a step above sucking, but I procrastinated and they are all I got!

Drum Roll Please...


I know I know... next time I'll be more prepared. Like when I head to BLOGHER10 in NYC!!! BOO YA! And Kevin from Always Home and Uncool already promised I could attach to him like he was a life raft in the middle of the ocean...because I'm scared to be alone or to be a wall flower. (Kevin you can't take that back...just so you know).

Oh and I got asked to shoot a wedding in Central Park on Sunday. I kid you not. So Saturday night, RED EYE, I'll be heading out to NYC to shoot a wedding for a friend... I can't help it I'm a pleaser and the two I'm shooting for are incredibly beautiful and were in desperate need of a photographer last minute... and I'm flattered that I was thought of in desperation ;)

Okay... well I should probably pack and take a shower since I leave in an hour.


What are you guys doing this weekend?

If it's cool enough I'll twitter it for you... because I'm nice like that. Or just make fun of me, or say something funny... that way I can have something to twitter and do while I travel and just because.

Love,



P.S. Go check out how this male blogger used FaceBook to prove a point to his kid!

24 comments:

Cherie said...

Can I just live life vicariously through you right now? Blogger Conference and NYC - SO FUN!
I hope you have a great time!!
I'll just be sitting around watching my incision heal:)

Garden of Egan said...

Oh my heck! You are so stinkin' famous! Shoot in Central Park? You better take pictures of you taking pictures!

I want one of your business cards....seriously. I want one!

Have so much fun!

The Urban Cowboy said...

Sounds like an awesome time, have a safe trip, and a very fun time!

Melissa Bastow said...

Jealous? Me? YES. This weekend, I'll probably pick a few wedgies, scratch my nose and possibly remember to water my dying garden (which really has no chance - I'm a plant murderer.) It's like I'm all booked up with fun here and can't possibly be jealous of your way more fabulous life. Which is sarcasm, obviously. But hey, I was asked by my cousin to photograph her wedding at Alturus Lake in IDAHO in august, which is practically as cool as Central Park. (not even close.) Have a great time!

SciFi Dad said...

It's no fun making fun of you when you ask for it.

Southern Sage said...

Your cards are incomplete.

Usually on hot blog chick's cards it has another line

Crushing on: Sage

Just didn't want you to be ridiculed because you didn't have all the right things on yours.

Heidi Ashworth said...

Wow--what fun! What opportunities! I'm so happy for you--hugs!

T said...

guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you - I'm still so stinkin' exhausted (and poor) from all of my prior travels that I want to fall over and sleep. wonder if my kid will mind if his theatre workshop becomes sleepover camp when I sleep instead of picking him up?

Always Home and Uncool said...

I'm packing floaties for you just to be safe.

veronica said...

Have fun this weekend! And congratulations on getting the wedding gig. That is so cool! Will you post some pics?

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Cherie-I'll be honest, it's probably not going to be all that glamorous... but it does beat sitting around nursing what you're nursing.

Sorry :(

Garden of Egan-Yes! I'll send you 50! hehehe. I see what I can do about someone shooting me shooting them... hmmmm sounds violent.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

The Urban Cowboy-Thanks... I'll try. Although I seem to always have fun even if it's really not that fun.

Melissa Bastow--COOL @ Idaho wedding! That should be fun. Really though... I was the last minute photographer, but I'm excited to do it!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

SciFi--I'm sure you could work through that though... you seem the first in line when it's time to make fun!!!

Southern Sage: Dang! I totally forgot. Oops. hahahaha

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Heidi Ashworth-Thanks girl. I'm kinda stoked, not going to lie.

T-yea... you deserve the sleep. Kids are very forgiving, at least while they are young...

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Always Home and Uncool-YES! Thanks. I'm depending on you.

Veronica-I will post some pics. I hope they turn out.This will be my first wedding.

One Cluttered Brain said...

You get to go to EVO?
So lucky!
You have to meet Greg from Telling dad.com.
He is hilarious!!!
And he will be vlogging too!!!

Meet him for me K?
I'll go next year.
Blogher 2?
Lucky. That sounds like a blast.
oh yes, please tweet. ;) So I can live vicariously through your tweets. :)
And I'm your pictures at EVO will be just as good as CBC.
Love your business cards!

Danielle said...

Have fun and take lots of pictures for us all to be jealous about!

Sher said...

Love your cards! Did you design them yourself? I ran out of business cards at CBC and need to make new ones.

Have fun at EVO. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Holy cow! Look at you go famous girl!
Man, I'm green with envy! Have a blast!

wendy said...

Red Eye to New York....you are one sassy/classy chick. My nephew lives there...he is a drama/broadway star of sorts. I don't know where he lives or I'd tell you to drop in and say hello.
I want pictures----of lots of pictures.
Would you be willing to fly to Alberta and take pictures of me pitch forking horse poop. WHAT AN OFFER.
another blog conference.....damn, I am so out of the loop.
and as far as business cards to....WHOWZA, I haven't done anything more then write my name and phone number on bathroom stalls.
you rock.

Annette Lyon said...

I hadn't heard a thing about EVO10 until it's suddenly all over Twitter. Have fun!

Kraxpelax said...

The Moon
shines
on a cat

Meow

My Poems

Yours,

- Peter Ingestad, Sweden

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

EVO rocked. At least you were smart enough to print some cards, unlike some people (hint: me) who still didn't learn their lesson after CBC.

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said...

I didn't get a business card!!! I guess since I already knew you I didn't even think to ask! But I WANT one! My sis is moving to St. George at the end of the summer so I'll be heading down there every so often, so dinner or lunch and a hair appt (so I can try your amazing color) kay?

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad