Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Man Hands vs. Girlie Hands

Shelle Edit:  I posted this in June of 2008.  My posts were more or less about my family.  But it's interesting how ones writing progresses (or not, depending on your opinion)--But there is some things that never change--which is my obsession with my mans hands.  So I thought I'd re-post this for you newbies.  Hopefully if I wrote that post now I'd be way more interesting, but the concept is the same!  Hope everyone is having a nice and relaxing summer-because I'm not-and I need to live vicariously through SOMEONE! :)

Let me let you in on a little secret of mine. I love hands! I do...it's weird...but I do. Kinda like how some people LOVE feet!

I LOVE hands...

It's not the VERY first thing I required physically in a man when I was dating...but it was definitely in the top Five. My first being eyes, then smile, then teeth, then hands...and other things come after that.

Of course they needed the personality to go along with the good looks, but DANG...I can't wake up to someone that scares me...ya know...I'm shallow and vain...remember...



MountainSport Man's hands are so beautiful they almost make me cry...I call them MAGIC hands, because they are the only hands that have ever successfully given me a massage...and I didn't cry like a victim being tortured...I actually felt bereft when he stopped...like he had given me a taste of delicious ice cream and then snatched it away only to have me watch him eat it...but I'm too prideful to ask him to continue because I always told him that NO ONE could EVER make me like massages...again, I LIED. 

For example...I had a guy in college that I LOVED. He made me pee my pants with his jokes, took me out frequently and brought me gifts, and surprised me at work with my favorite smoothies! He was a gem...totally would and will be a fantastic husband to some really great girl...I'm sure...but the guy had girlie hands. He used the tips of his fingers to open bottles...and I don't know...but it just rubbed me the wrong way, and no matter how much I TRIED to make myself see the other things about him that I LOVED there was the one wall...a stumbling block of sorts...I couldn't see past it...My vain and shallow self could only cringe at the thought of him helping me OPEN a bottle of something while making dinner together as a couple...I just couldn't do it...and so he always remained my REALLY GOOD FRIEND!

It was unfortunate really, the guy had really GREAT lips...never tried them out though, didn't want to start macking on his delicious lips and then feel his girlie fingertips caressing my neck...gives me the hibbie gibbie's...

I get it...I'm weird...and your point? My husband has incredible hands...beautiful, manly, and so natural...



Even MORE beautiful then my man's hands...is watching him do this with my spoiled rugrat PeePs

and listening...then giggling...then again listening to her pure unadulterated laughter...
While watching him watch this...(He's mine...but you can look...it's okay :) )

Hey batter batter...
and swing...

Love,

Shelle

19 comments:

Erica said...

why, oh why, do you take such good pictures. Tell me your secret! I need to get together with you and have you tell me how you edit your photos. I will have to admit that I'm not a hands girl. I will tell you that I'm a butt girl. Strange you might say? I know, weird but I like a big bubble bum! Thank goodness for Cody's!!

Amanda said...

I'm not really into hands either, but I know a guy who has horrible hands. They are small and pointed. Yea, his fingers are pointy at the ends. It's really weird, and I don't think I could handle seeing them all the time. I also dated a guy in HS who had huge hands. They were like big sausage fingers. Weird for a 16 YO.

Hey, maybe I am a hands girl. I seem to have a lot of hand opinions.

Kyle and Brittany Peterson said...

This is what family is all about. I am so jealous. That looks like such a fun day. And your photography skills are A+. So I have a question for you. I don't know if you are done with your fam or not but for the moment you have 2 kids. My husband wants only 2 kids, so I want to know what it's like. If you recommend or think more.

Shelle said...

I love my two kids...obviously...but I think it should be how many you desire. I don't really have any desire to have any more right now...I'm totally happy and content with the two I have.

I love having one of each and seeing the differnences between them and the relationship I have formed with each of them.

Two is also nice because aren't quite out numbered yet. But i have friends who want like 6 or 8 because they love the chaos and joy that comes with a big family!

But personally for me...I'm good for right now...one never knows in the future though!

~T. said...

Regarding the unword of the day "Tard", definitely one that I use on a regular basis, only I add the word Pop in front of it so I don't sound so mean So basically, I can still call my husband a Tard without feeling guilty that way LOLOL...

LIFE CHANGES said...

You just made me so jealous reading that blog I miss the heat of St. George! I honestly hope you never leave St. George, obviously I want you to move out of mom and dad's but then we can grow old in the same place together! Love ya!

Merrianne & Spencer said...

WOW!! YEsterday must have been A HUSBAND LUVIN DAY!! (in regards to my blog posting from yesterday, too) I know what you mean.....BELIEVE ME--i am the SAME WAY!!!! I love Tough Hands!!!

mmm...mmm...mmmmmmmm!!!! great post!

*Merrianne*

Shanana said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love random comments from strangers. Pop in again sometime.

A couple of things: With two little boys, the word "tard" crops up at least three times a day. Usually they each fire the insult at one another and then my husband or I join in on the fun at some point. We really are quite functional, but we hide it really well.

I HATE feet! Hands I can deal with. But *UUGH* Feet!

D&BC said...

Just don't ever look at my hands....you might end up not liking me after all..... :)haha

Shelle said...

D&BC--yea right...lol...girl hands don't matter to me...just something about GUY hands! LOVE EM!

Shanana--Um Functional? who's heard of that?

T.--I need to think about feelings first...I know...but when I am using that word...feelings have usually left the building long ago!lol!

Merrianne...yes there is always room for lovin when it comes to MSM! :)

Life Changes--My goal every post is to make you jealous!lol! Can't wait to see you!

Natalie Sue said...

Ah! Who knew we were so much alike! I laughed out loud because I love hands too, and "man hands" were right up there on my list of "what I need in my man".
AND.. I also dated an awesome guy in college with girly hands that I just could NOT deal with. Yes, it was a deal breaker. Oh, I TOTALLY know what you mean and I'm SO happy to hear I'm not the only one out there! My hubby is a farmer, so he has awesome, awesome hands. Very cool post.

Shelle said...

Natalie-

I knew there was something about you that I liked! lol! I'd have to say that a farmer's hands are definitely sexy...most of them anyway!

I'm so glad somebody understands about the girlie hands...it is definitely a deal breaker!

Tit for Tat said...

Mans hands, definately give the best massages. :)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Tit for TAT--No freakin DOUBT about that! Sigh... Are you a massage therapist? For some reason I'm thinking Chiropractor?

Tit for Tat said...

Im a Massage Therapist and my wife is a Natural Health Practioner/Lifestyle Coach. We own a wellness centre in Ottawa. So I guess Im slightly biased lol.

Together We Save said...

Wonderful, sweet pictures!!

Cherie said...

Shelle I could not believe it when I started reading this. We could SO be twins when it comes to the Man hands!
I really love my husbands very manly, large, perfectly made hands that are oh so capable!
Hands were definately a deal breaker for me when I was dating and men with skinny, girlie hands still kind of give me the creeps!
To each his own I guess butt man had to have great hands!!

ModernMom said...

Oh this is a very sweet post! Love the pictures too:)

mother goose said...

again, loved this post! I love hands too! I need to know they can hold me, protect me and love me! I sooo get the hibee jibee thing! Can't be macking and then think of girly hands! ::i think I just gagged:: yep, i did. Thanks for letting us gawk at the man's hands!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad