Saturday, August 2, 2008

Travel Day

I leave tonight at 12:01am so officially tomorrow morning! I'm super excited to go...but have purchased some essentials for traveling...

SLEEPING PILLS and HEAD PILLOW (the ones that go around your neck)

I have told my husband to transport my body from our stop over in New York to the plane where we will continue on to London...and to wipe the drool off of my mouth!

That's right, I don't plan on waking up for 16 hours. I'm going to take those sleeping pills like they are candy...if I even have an ounce of awareness...I will pop in another pill!

I have this problem...I can't sleep on planes. With all the flying I do, it pretty much is a necessary thing, yet my body can't seem to do it. I can't relax sitting up enough to sleep.

Oh sure, I doze off here and there, but it usually is one of those dozes where you still can hear everything yet you are somewhat asleep...I hate that...and it's creepy!

I actually have a deep residing fear where I go under for an extremely intense surgery and wake up halfway through the surgery, start feeling everything, yet I can't move my body...and according to the surgeon that is working on me I still look asleep. So I am stuck in excruciating pain inside a pretty much worthless drug induced body.

That's off topic isn't it? Anyhow...I will get over to London by 9pm on August 3rd.

Hopefully I won't remember how I got there!

Love you all...I promise I will try to comment back to you all...

P.S.--This will tell you how thrown off I am from all of this...I went to WalMart last night with my hubby to pick up an international power converter...So I can use my lap top there...and saw a LONG line of people...at 11:30pm...I thought to myself, 'Why the big hub bub?'...then we passed by the table they were all standing in front of and read on the CAKE they had there, "BREAKING DAWN"...I instantly threw my head into a wall and kicked myself for not remembering I had previously planned on going to the Barnes and Noble Midnight Party with my sister-in-law to pick up the book! Yea I suck...I called her instantly and she thinks I'm a bag of rocks. So I just offered to buy her the book while I was there.

So I did...so now I'm just a bag...and not a bag of rocks! I'm movin' up in the world!

20 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Oh I'm sure she forgives you but just in case...you should bring her some chocolate from your travels! Then she'll love you!!

Kritta22 said...

PS Have loads of fun!!

~T. said...

Safe travels and wonderful times going out to you!

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Wish I could go with you. Have fun!

Natalie Sue said...

Yes! I know what you mean.....the underlying fear that you will semi-wake up in excrutiating paid during surgery. I'm so scared of that!
But wow, have so much fun in London. I hate sleeping on planes too, so good luck with the sleeping pills...but maybe get up and walk around a time or two, or your feet will swell right up! I don't know why, but it happened to lots of us "sleeping pill poppers" on my last trip!

Natalie Sue said...

pain, not paid....

Jane @ Kidzarama said...

Definitely a step up.

Maybe if you do something really impressive (like slipping a chocolate inside the book), she'll forgive you enough to have a gab.

~That's bag backwards, and the extent of my humour at 9.30 on a Sunday night.

Hope you have a bearable flight and hubby doesn't leave you behind on the plane by mistake. ;)

Shannon said...

Sleeping pills... probably the only way I would ever be able to get on a plane to fly over the ocean.

Have a safe and fun trip! I'm looking forward to reading all about it soon!

The Wixom Zoo said...

Have a great time and take lots of notes - we're heading to London in March for our anniversary and I want to know all of the best places to see. :)

mrsb said...

Hope you have arrived safely and are back to the land of the living!

Have fun!

MERRIANNE said...

dang girl....you are going to LONDON!!! no wonder you forgot about the Midnight Party!!! i probably would have forgotten, too!!!

good luck with your plane ride :) and have FUN in LONDON!!!---i know you will though!!!

Bryce and Annalee Bergeson said...

I hope you have an awesome time! I am excited to see your pics.

Spencer said...

have fun in london.

MomMega said...

Hope your plane ride was great and you were able to sleep. Can't wait to hear about London!

John Deere Mom said...

Hey! Gave you an award over at my place so you would have something to look forward to when you come hom! :)

Dolly said...

Have a blast in London-we'll miss you in Southern Utah! Bon Voyage!!

Natalie said...

Breaking Dawn was perfect! Don't read it on the plane...you won't put it down. Have fun!! me=jealous

Erika Tebbs said...

Hey what up!! I havent stalked you in a long time!!! I am so jealous of your summer. You really stink for going to hawaii adn London. I would love to go to either one!!! Hope you have the time of your llfe.

Erica said...

You are a traveling fool! I am so jealous that you get to go all over the place. You better get your butt to Iowa City so that I can see you! I am dying to know what you think of the finale of "So you think you can Dance". I was seriously so surprised! I absolutely need to see a post about this! I have loved your commentary so far about this and need to know what you think. Have so much fun!!!!

Kritta22 said...

Are you home yet? I want to hear your stories!!

Here you Go SciFi Dad

Blog Archive-For SciFi Dad